TV Chuck - Series 3

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
At time of typing, the first 3 episodes have aired.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Vinny Jones as Karl Stromberg and it was great to see Jean Claude Van Damme and Armand Assanti showing up. Third episode ends on a bit of a shocker (or cliffhanger as the outcome is not 100% certain).

I felt the opening episode was weak. There were heaps of holes in the plot. Given that Chuck is Spy-lite most can be overlooked but if they continue to pile them on they'll reach critical mass and really start to undermine itself. I hope 'plot management' will be better than this. Always on the verge of being cancelled, the writers need to be sharper. That said, some of the jokes and set-pieces were excellent. I will admit to being a bit shocked at the way Milton checks out, even if in many ways he got his just desserts. This might be an indicator of the way the series is going.

The second episode was great fun, with Vinny Jones chewing up the scenery and more involvement for the Buymore crew. More Joshua Gomez please, he outclasses nearly everyone around him. Oh, and Jail-juice... brilliant :D

The third episode was best of the three so far. I can't decide if the ending is bravery or desperation on the part of the writers as they start to change the show's formula. The chap that plays 'The Poisoner' was great. Lets have him back in more episodes, oh yes please.

I hope the weapon that has caused so much fuss doesn't turn out to be something rather dull and lame. Same goes for the mysterious 'Shaw'. I wondered if the lighter you saw was a nod to X-Files and Cigarette Smoking Man.

Thing is, although she's extremely easy on the eye, I can't help but feel the best thing to do would be to kill off Sarah. Get rid of her and free up Chuck to get on with being the supergeek agent. The on/off relationship between them is becoming veeerrry tedious. Shoot her or shag her, but please stop bleating about/to her.

I've said some negative things about Chuck but its still head and shoulders above most other stuff on TV and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Never heard of it :(

Got a linky poo?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
"Chuck" (2007)

...Only the stock IMDB info. First and second series were great with a wonderful joke/twist to end the second series and set up the third.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Just caught up with seasons one and two and thought it was a great show. Scott Bakula mentioned he had no plans to come back in season three, which is rather sad, enjoyed that angle very much in season two.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll take a looksee, methinks :)

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Chuck is about the only series I've watched from the start and managed to stay with.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
up to episode 3

Much darker feel for the first 3 episodes, especially with the deaths! Not sure AWesome is dead though, we did not see him die, or get told that he was dead.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ok cool - enjoyed S1 E1 - tell me, are they all family friendly (apart from the enjoyable bird in underwear shots, of course) ?? :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ok cool - enjoyed S1 E1 - tell me, are they all family friendly (apart from the enjoyable bird in underwear shots, of course) ?? :)

Yeah, it's a family show. Chuck himself hates guns, the bad guys are pretty comical most of the time.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stuffing a bit much in three first episodes, it's good, Chuck always has been, but it's starting to feel like a the writer is a teen in bathroom, just 'working' away and soon it's gonna be a real mess to clean.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
episode 4

the first rule of fight.... LOL. Fucking hilarious, right down to the red shades.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Episode 4 is brilliant from start to finish, far and away the strongest of the series so far :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
episode 5

Fucking LOL at the buy mart sub plot, especially Casey brainwashing at the end.
Kristen Kruek looks much hotter when she is not playing an annoying bint in Smallville. Loved Austins role.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
episode 5

Fucking LOL at the buy mart sub plot, especially Casey brainwashing at the end.
Kristen Kruek looks much hotter when she is not playing an annoying bint in Smallville. Loved Austins role.

Heh, very true on the Kristen Kreuk part. She looked hot hot hot :sex:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It's picking up pace nicely!!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Some great lines in episode 6

"It's my constitutional right to fornicate"

Great episode, season 3 has been fantastic so far.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Episode 13 moved waaaay to fast for my liking. Not enough funnies either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom