Christmas TV Rant

A

Ash!

Just got my shiny spangly new copy of the Radio Times crimbo edition. What a complete and utter pile of wazz on ITV this christmas. Soap opera after soap opera after soap opera not to mention pap idol, not to mention Im a B list celebrity get me on who wants to be Millionaire Christmas special.

Christmas Eve is 2 hours of the Beckhams followed by Chris fucking tarrant. FFS ITV Make an effort

At least the Beeb are putting some decent films on

Rant over :eek:

B

bigbb

You've got to love ITV, their utterly shocking schedules are seemingly infinate. Just when you've thought they hit the bottom of the barrel, out comes another corker. Get your cheap TV here, c'mon. All the Holiday Showdown you can possibly stomach, plus more!

With Viacom/Disney/Clear Channel/Any other big arse US B'caster on for their £4bn arse (Under new Com Bill) it'll only get worse.

The Beeb has been advertising a collection of what looks like good comedy, so that's what I hold hope for.

E

Embattle

Xmas TV has got worse year on year so I wasn't expecting too much this year :(

J

Jonaldo

Turn the TV off at Christmas and be a bit moer sociable :)

S

Sharma

I'll just be one of those sad gits that goes downstairs opens presents, then goes back up to my PC to tell people about em on irc. :(

T

Tenko

Sharma thats pretty sad.

Go down stairs, open your presents, get pissed and then tell everyone on irc.

Its more Christmassy

T

Tenko

I knew there was a reason I dont use irc...

...pass me another bottle of stella please, Im off to bed!

K

kameleon

there's bugger all worth watching on tv this year. I will amuse myself by watching my kids playing with the boxes instead

S

(Shovel)

Originally posted by bigbb
You give your kids boxes for Christmas?

Beats giving them air rifles. At least you can make a rocket ship out of boxes.

B

bigbb

This is actually true. I remember having many a good time with a box. One day a bunker, the next a battle cruiser or a space rocket. Every day was an adventure.

Where did that imagination go? :(

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Tenko
Sharma thats pretty sad.

Go down stairs, open your presents, get pissed and then tell everyone on irc.

Its more Christmassy
Or - more accurately - go downstairs, open presents, have a glass of orange juice then go on IRC and pretend to be pissed by typing non-sensically like every other faux-drunk IRC'er.

<lamer> hi evyone!!111 :)
<lamer> merry chriistams!!

S

Sir Frizz

How about staying away from the devil, that is the PC?

B

bigbb

Originally posted by Sir Frizz
How about staying away from the devil, that is the PC?

Can you hear the voices again, Frizz?

S

Sir Frizz

I HAVE TO DO WHATEVER IT TELLS ME, OR I FEEL ALL ALONE! AND I'LL NEVER FIGURE OUT IT'S MASTER PLAN!

B

bigbb

*Wrap Frizz tin foil*

That'll protect you against death rays and evil spying satellites.

W

Wij

Xmas day:

Go downstairs. Try to greet family. Run back up to bog. Spew. Sit by bog for an hour. Go downstairs. Get nagged for spewing. Feel sick again. Watch crap telly for 3 hours 'cos they won't let you use your prezzies 'cos it's anti-social. Eat dinner you don't really fancy. Feel sick in front of telly. Go round to my parents. Try to keep pleasant conversation despite craving sleep. Watch more telly, even Only Fools And Horses for an eternity despite the fact that there's a good documentary on 2. Go to bed wondering if I'll ever get to the the DVDs I begged for or the game I wanted.

Sucky suck !

W

whipped

Originally posted by bigbb
This is actually true. I remember having many a good time with a box. One day a bunker, the next a battle cruiser or a space rocket. Every day was an adventure.

Where did that imagination go? :(
I once had a weeks fun when I made a Tardis out of the new TVs box. Although that was only about 6 months ago ;)

A

Addlcove

danish xmas tv ain´t too shappy :p

mind I don´t have a computer at my folks place so I´ll probably be in bed shaking :p

Users who are viewing this thread