Holiday Christmas time

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Never done this before, always been around my family at Christmas time but feel that I want to just fuck off away from my "day to day life" over Christmas. Never been away on my own also.

So where is the best place to go from 21st December till 1st January? I want hot, active, lively resorts which are cheap :) One place I would love to visit is San Francisco but not sure what it is like then.

Anyway, help to send me abroad :)

Everz

FH is my second home
I'd have said Egypt (Sharm El Sheikh) but apparently the trouble over Sinai is beyond control now, even when I went in January the security was very high. San Francisco I'd imagine would be fecking cold that time of the year.

My recommendation based on what you've stated are the Canary Islands, despite being known for a 'brit dump' the islands are pretty nice and some of the sights traveling over there are pretty awesome. Been to three of them so far and had a thoroughly good times considering me and girlfriend aren't the types to lie around the pool all day long, heading back to Tenerife in November. They're cheap, they've got volcanoes, nice beeches and cheap beer.. oh and the weather is guaranteed to be good.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'd have said Egypt (Sharm El Sheikh) but apparently the trouble over Sinai is beyond control now, even when I went in January the security was very high. San Francisco I'd imagine would be fecking cold that time of the year.

My recommendation based on what you've stated are the Canary Islands, despite being known for a 'brit dump' the islands are pretty nice and some of the sights traveling over there are pretty awesome. Been to three of them so far and had a thoroughly good times considering me and girlfriend aren't the types to lie around the pool all day long, heading back to Tenerife in November. They're cheap, they've got volcanoes, nice beeches and cheap beer.. oh and the weather is guaranteed to be good.

Been to Tenerife, was hoping of somewhere different. A few years ago I went to Gambia and loved it but will not pay the price they want now, nearly 3 times the amount just cos of Christmas. Fuckoff.

I've not been abroad since 2010 and I just want to get away from everything, no mobiles, no laptop, nothing. I just want complete and total ME time.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cabin, northern Scandinavia somewhere then.

Oh, hot and lively...well the might have some of those hot pools, they bubble so sort of lively and are hot.

Everz

FH is my second home
Been to Tenerife, was hoping of somewhere different. A few years ago I went to Gambia and loved it but will not pay the price they want now, nearly 3 times the amount just cos of Christmas. Fuckoff.

I've not been abroad since 2010 and I just want to get away from everything, no mobiles, no laptop, nothing. I just want complete and total ME time.

Goa in India?
Cape Verde?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Never done this before, always been around my family at Christmas time but feel that I want to just fuck off away from my "day to day life" over Christmas. Never been away on my own also.

So where is the best place to go from 21st December till 1st January? I want hot, active, lively resorts which are cheap :) One place I would love to visit is San Francisco but not sure what it is like then.

Anyway, help to send me abroad :)

Thailand. You know this already.

SF is quite cold that time of year. Southern Cali or Florida for the good weather (I can't stand Florida mind).

Other places: Caribbean - I've done the Bahamas at Christmas, pretty good, and Antigua, bit boring.

Places I've not been at Christmas but I reckon would be good - Rio, Havana.

A friend of mine goes to Hawaii for Christmas every single year.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Bahamas, yup. Perhaps Barbados?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Cabin, northern Scandinavia somewhere then.

This really. Usually i go up north to ye old grandma/mother/auant, away from cities, watchingtelly, eating and drinking and hanging out with family and it's really relaxing and "zeroing" as we like to call it.

Lapland for example, rent a cabin, plenty of snow and whatnot and lots of solitude.

TdC

I have a friend up in north Sweden who does dog-sled runs. He'd be happy to put something together for you I guess Deeblar. Mind you, it's a run, NOT a tour so that really depends on how well your ankle is mate.

DaGaffer

I would imagine Dubai would be quite the party place at Christmas.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Never mind that shit. Where's Trebz with the Christmas decorations? We're halfway through September already for fucks sake!!!

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Depends on how much you want to spend. But I went to Malaysia and Singapore just after xmas a few years ago, was around the 35-40 Degrees Celsius. Singapore has lots of general tourist stuff, but the zoo is a must. Malaysia can be expensive to get there, but is cheap when you are actually there. Food and travel are very cheap.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Did Mauritius last year, bloody lovely. Although not the cheapest of places to stay. I would recommend Sri Lanka, some amazing places to stay and not expensive at all.

As Chilly mentioned. The Caribbean is great, St Lucia still my favourite holiday ever.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Spain. Keep it simple.

Sunshine
Sea
Beach
Good simple fresh food

And no fucking Eastenders or rooms full of ghastly distant relatives nodding off in their Xmas pudding with their Christmas cracker hats falling onto their nose

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sunshine, really? It might not be -10 but there's no guarantee it'll actually be hot or sunny.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
We spent Xmas & New Year in Spain in 2000. OK, it wasn't baking hot, but you could go out in short sleeves, and for the middle of winter, that'll do me just fine.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Take a sun lamp into the basement and two ton of sand.

DaGaffer

We spent Xmas & New Year in Spain in 2000. OK, it wasn't baking hot, but you could go out in short sleeves, and for the middle of winter, that'll do me just fine.

Yes, but it can just as easily be shit. The only place in Spain to be sure of good weather at Christmas is the Canaries. Which I can't say I'm a fan of.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The only place in Spain to be sure of good weather at Christmas is the Canaries. Which I can't say I'm a fan of.

Not a massive fan either. And I disagree about the weather being amazing all the time too. Went a few years back in February and it shit it down for nearly two weeks :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, February is the depths of winter. I'm south of France and I've eaten Christmas lunch outside for 2 of the last 3 years. It went down to -14c in February here last year. :(

TdC

How about Madeira then? It's quietish, has pretty scenery and yummy foods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom