Christmas presents help

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Cadiva said:
Do you have photographs of the three of you? If so, then a photo montage of your friend who died and the two of you, or just her and your friend, put it in a clear photo clipboard style frame.
It's personal but without being very expensive - put it on pink backing paper if she likes pink :)

hmm very nice idea :) only problem is he hated photos :p only have about 5-6 photos of him over the last 2 years (Which is when she got to know him). And she's in none, only have 1-2 good phtoso of him aswell. i may make likea collage of his pictures or something. hmm :( any other suggestions?

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
hmm very nice idea :) only problem is he hated photos :p only have about 5-6 photos of him over the last 2 years (Which is when she got to know him). And she's in none, only have 1-2 good phtoso of him aswell. i may make likea collage of his pictures or something. hmm :( any other suggestions?

How about music then? A CD compilation of songs that meant a lot to him and to the three of you?

PS Been in the exact same situation as you with a friend committing suicide after showing no visible signs that they were going to do it. (Okay bizarely this forum doesn't like the word out ward done as one word!

It's hard but eventually you do come to terms with it. One of the best things we were all advised to do was to write a letter to them explaining all your feelings and how it had affected you and then seal it and either keep it, or burn it.
That helped us a lot because our friend, who was a very gentle man, killed himself in quite a violent way, which was what we all found difficult to cope with.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Cadiva said:
Do you have photographs of the three of you? If so, then a photo montage of your friend who died and the two of you, or just her and your friend, put it in a clear photo clipboard style frame.
It's personal but without being very expensive - put it on pink backing paper if she likes pink :)
thats lovely, was going to suggest a piccy frame but your idea is so personal have a rep :D

and for all you guys out there worrying about what to get your gals (or vice versa)
stoppit.

if you put some thought in to the gift it will be the best thing in the world (reguardless of cost) and if they are really difficult to buy for get em a token.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Cadiva said:
How about music then? A CD compilation of songs that meant a lot to him and to the three of you?

PS Been in the exact same situation as you with a friend committing suicide after showing no visible signs that they were going to do it. (Okay bizarely this forum doesn't like the word out ward done as one word!

It's hard but eventually you do come to terms with it. One of the best things we were all advised to do was to write a letter to them explaining all your feelings and how it had affected you and then seal it and either keep it, or burn it.
That helped us a lot because our friend, who was a very gentle man, killed himself in quite a violent way, which was what we all found difficult to cope with.

well it still doesnt feel real at all, almsot a month ago (exactly one month before his 18th birthday aswell :()

oh and beat shotgun to the headpwned! :p and he was gentle as, he couldnt fight to save his life :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
oh and thx for the advice guys :D been trying to think for about a week now but cant think of anything :(, he really didnt like photos of him being taken so there arent many around that we have access to. and she shared the same music taste as him, i know very little about that side of his music, only the side i talked to him about so :(. hmm ill keep thinking

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Dark sweetie, just a thought but maybe you should get something totally unrelated to this chap, i know he was your friend and im not suggesting you try and forget him but how about getting her something that wont remind her of him, maybe something a little kookie/funny that will cheer her up.

Tbh its going to be a very hard time for all the loved ones and at this time of year aswell (not saying theres a good time of year for this but round christmas when bad stuff happens its amplified by everyone else being merry.... or telling you to be merry) so maybe something that will if not take her mind off whats happened something that will deflect her train of thought and make her smile, have a look on ebay for silly toys something cheap and funny that will cheer her up whenever she see's it?

i dunno just a thought.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
Dark sweetie, just a thought but maybe you should get something totally unrelated to this chap, i know he was your friend and im not suggesting you try and forget him but how about getting her something that wont remind her of him, maybe something a little kookie/funny that will cheer her up.

Tbh its going to be a very hard time for all the loved ones and at this time of year aswell (not saying theres a good time of year for this but round christmas when bad stuff happens its amplified by everyone else being merry.... or telling you to be merry) so maybe something that will if not take her mind off whats happened something that will deflect her train of thought and make her smile, have a look on ebay for silly toys something cheap and funny that will cheer her up whenever she see's it?

i dunno just a thought.
yeh thats what i was thinking of originally, something to make her smile. got a good suggestion from inga, will look into it :D.

muchly appreciated :D

Brite

Banned
YOU FOOL!

get your daughter scalextric!

omg hours of fun, you can sit her there, and she can watch you build the most amazing tracks and she MAYBE can make people to watch the races, dont let her even think of actually controlling a car, might break it !!!

best idea ever

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Brite said:
YOU FOOL!

omg hours of fun, you can sit her there, and she can watch you build the most amazing tracks and she MAYBE can make people to watch the races, dont let her even think of actually controlling a car, might break it !!!

best idea ever

she will learn the important values of hierachy in society and how much power she has depends what she can do :D.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Brite said:
YOU FOOL!

best idea ever

Hahaha, brilliant :D

Rep'd!

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Buy her a rampant Rabbit, that will cheer her up i'm sure ! (just j/k mate :))

Sorry to here about your friend :( life is harsh...

I'd love to talk to people after they died and find out what it was that made them do it (wants to be a negochiator(sp?) when older :))

Mey

Part of the furniture
In my free time I work with a company that provide bereavement support to young people. As Cadiva already said, letters are a good way of explaining how you feel, or that you miss the person - A good way to say goodbye if you didn't get a chance to.

Memory boxes also work for some people. Basically collect all the stuff you have that reminds you of the person and place it all in one place, next time your feeling down, look back at it and remember the good times. ((You can do this on your own or with your friend, whatever feels right for yourself..))

Some websites you might like to look at if your having a hard time:

http://www.rd4u.org.uk/

http://www.there4me.com/home/index.asp (this is for people under 16 really.. But has some really good stuff on it)

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
yeh we're making a memory book of him for the family, will probs get it photocopied so others at school can get one aswell. will be space for people to write letters to him in it aswell so :).

still stuck ona present,t hink ill go with the teddy - cheap and nice

Mey

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
yeh we're making a memory book of him for the family, will probs get it photocopied so others at school can get one aswell. will be space for people to write letters to him in it aswell so :).

still stuck ona present,t hink ill go with the teddy - cheap and nice

Ah always a good idea, good luck with it. I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Stay Safe.

Mey

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Dark, the other thing we did was have a memorial service for our friend a few months after everyone had got over the shock.

It was a separate thing to the funeral, this was a chance for people to say something if they wanted to, to play music that was important to us all, to talk about him and it helped the grieving process a great deal.

We had it in church and the Vicar was fantastic. Now I don't know if your friend was particularly religious or not, so if he wasn't religious, you could always hire a local hall or have it at the school (I presume you all went to the same school?).

Mey said:
In my free time I work with a company that provide bereavement support to young people. As Cadiva already said, letters are a good way of explaining how you feel, or that you miss the person - A good way to say goodbye if you didn't get a chance to.

Absolutely! That was the one thing that all of us felt the strongest about, that none of us had been given a chance to say goodbye.

And, as I said before, the way he killed himself was pretty violent, that was something we all needed to work through as well because he was a very gentle man (my friend was 34 btw and a diagnosed manic depressive so I guess we all knew the chance was there).

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:

This is where photoshop comes into the picture ;)

sorry to hear about your friend...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Tbh

Below are some of my must buy items for your family, friends and loved ones

Gotta have it Smile
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=151660
Pop into your local store today for another price reduction down to £17.99 :p

For those long lonely nights when your ironing.
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=441059

Awesome movie you gotta see it Smile
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1/002-0115988-8404810?n=507846&s=dvd&v=glance
or
http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/3-/836763/-/Product.html

And last but certainly not least a perfect present to keep the harsh weather at bay. oh Yes I have ordered one.
http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=7&t=14948 Razz

I accept no responsibilty for the pain and anguish you will feel after watching the Full series of FireFly, I will of course welcome you to the ever growing FireFly fan club. Being part of this means you have to tell everyone you know about FireFly and make them go buy a set of the series.

Happy Christmas people and remember if it aint FireFly it aint really a present :p

Cal

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom