Christmas presents help

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Right I got 2 choices for my wife :

iPod nano or Gucci hand bag

I can't decide !

Also do I get Snow white kitchen set for my daughter or Fisher price kitchen.

I hate shopping :twak:

Mey

Part of the furniture
Well, what does your wife use alot? Does she like listening to music or is she a fashion lover?

Jjuraa

Banned
more importantly, are you looking for a divorce? otherwise go for the gucci handbag ;)

nothing says "unloved" like owning an iPod

Mey

Part of the furniture
Lol, how about an ipod in the bag? :D

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Well she mentioned about the ipod nano for use at the gym.

The handbag was my initial idea, as the one she uses now is a bit old.

Jjuraa

Banned
why is "iPod" suddenly the new word for mp3 player.. Apple arent the only company that do small, easy to carry (and break) mp3 players, im sure you could find an mp3 player thats just as good for 1/2 the price

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
why is "iPod" suddenly the new word for mp3 player.. Apple arent the only company that do small, easy to carry (and break) mp3 players, im sure you could find an mp3 player thats just as good for 1/2 the price

Funnily enough i more or less said the same thing to my brother 5 mins ago (he owns an original ipod).

I know there are other mp3 players out there which do the same thing and are cheaper, BUT as it's for my wife I bet she's seen other women with it at the gym and wants one too.

Men thing logically, women think emotionally.

Men would go for cheaper/better mp3 player, women would go for best looking/what other women use mp3 player.

MaCaBr3

Banned
What a weird choice anyway: ipod or bag.

That's like saying: cellphone or sexy evening dress.

If she's wants an MP3 player so badely, go for the ipod, but NEVER tell her that had to chose from a gucci bag or the mp3 player, because she will get mad because you didn't get her the bag.

Gamah

Banned
I'll tell you if you buy me the bag..err I mean manly mp3 player *ahem*

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Tisme said:
Definitely a Snow white kitchen set for ur daughter :)

I got a toys r us very near where i work. The choices are

55433_l.jpg

or

61700_l.jpg

or

712310_l.jpg

R

Raistlin

Do you have to get the kids aswell?? :)

Cos then i would be tempted to go for number 2.

Although all the TRY ME stickers would distract me everytime i walked past.

Edit: Meh

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hint: when buying for your littl'un get the kitchen set with as many working bits as possible, cos otherwise she'll just get board and start playing space ships with the box it came in :D

for the good laaay-dee i'd go for the bag cos its bound to last longer than the ipod (from what i hear ipods have a shocking rep, something to do with the battery knackering out v fast and not being able to replace it with ease)...........and afaik according to legend handbags and shoes go down well with most chicky babes.

but tbh dont let it stress you, if she's anything like me a gift thats been given some thought and is personal means the world more than " i want a *blah*.... <gets *blah*>" thats just too dull for words.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
i would say:) number 2 kitchen for the daughter, that one looks the best;)

and ....the bag for the wife

Mey

Part of the furniture
1 or 2 but definatly not number 3! Man that's pretty much training the little kid to work at Mc'Donalds.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Go for the bag. It's criminal expecting a woman to survive without a choice of handbgs tbh. My friend Vicky's got 20+ handbags and she's just turned 20 years old. Besides it's Gucci and her friends will all notice the new bag being Gucci and she'll tell all her friends that you got it her for Xmas. Voila, you get brownie points everytime she talks to her friends :D

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
since thsi threads here

wtf can i get a friend of mine? I wasnt going to get her a present coz i like her and that would like make it more obvious BUT - our close friend died on the 7th of this month and i just want to get her something that will make her smile and make her a bit happier and let her know im there for her etc. i cant think fo anything :( - she likes pink.

HELP!!!

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
New ironing board for your wife. She'll appreciate you thinking of ways to make her life easier.

Oh and child's one for you daughter so she can have fun learning from mommy.

What?

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Ezteq said:
hint: when buying for your littl'un get the kitchen set with as many working bits as possible, cos otherwise she'll just get board and start playing space ships with the box it came in :D

for the good laaay-dee i'd go for the bag cos its bound to last longer than the ipod (from what i hear ipods have a shocking rep, something to do with the battery knackering out v fast and not being able to replace it with ease)...........and afaik according to legend handbags and shoes go down well with most chicky babes.

but tbh dont let it stress you, if she's anything like me a gift thats been given some thought and is personal means the world more than " i want a *blah*.... <gets *blah*>" thats just too dull for words.

I have to agree, from my experiance with a girl it's mostly the thought that counts, women would rather have something than nothing. Why not get a Ipod Nano and stick it in a Gucci Bag? :D If not i'd go for the bag.... hmm but someone I know has a Gucci bag and NEVER wears it, just hangs it up in her room and everytime I go into her house she tells me about it... It's a hard choice.

As for the present for your daughter.. I also have to agree with Ezteq <3

Darksword said:
wtf can i get a friend of mine? I wasnt going to get her a present coz i like her and that would like make it more obvious BUT - our close friend died on the 7th of this month and i just want to get her something that will make her smile and make her a bit happier and let her know im there for her etc. i cant think fo anything :( - she likes pink.

HELP!!!

Mate, don't need to buy something to let a women know your there. Speak to her and let her know... buying her a gift can mean anything.... Trust me ;/ If she really feels bad about it then she'll want some space to sort things out, if you chat to her and ask her how she is and just let her know that you care about her and your there. Easier said than done though I must admit... just be yourself.

Bracken said:
New ironing board for your wife. She'll appreciate you thinking of ways to make her life easier.

Oh and child's one for you daughter so she can have fun learning from mommy.

What?

and LOL ! +1

Ucallme

Banned
Adoctor said:
Right I got 2 choices for my wife :

iPod nano or Gucci hand bag

I can't decide !

Also do I get Snow white kitchen set for my daughter or Fisher price kitchen.

I hate shopping :twak:

imo scrap those for your wife and get her an Iron!!

Or

Get her something you would like and when she opens up the present she wont like it and give it to you :)

Amphrax

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
MaCaBr3 said:
What a weird choice anyway: ipod or bag.

That's like saying: cellphone or sexy evening dress.

If she's wants an MP3 player so badely, go for the ipod, but NEVER tell her that had to chose from a gucci bag or the mp3 player, because she will get mad because you didn't get her the bag.
Or if you buy her the bag, and tell her that it was either the bag or the iPod, she'll go mad anyways.

You can never win when it comes to women. Unless if you're rich and can afford both.

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
/sigh...in the end i got both the bag and the ipod nano. Cost alot i know, but hell why not its only money.:(

Got the snow white kitchen for my little girl. I had loads of fun in Toys R Us last night :) spent ages looking around and playing with toys.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Haggus said:
Mate, don't need to buy something to let a women know your there. Speak to her and let her know... buying her a gift can mean anything.... Trust me ;/ If she really feels bad about it then she'll want some space to sort things out, if you chat to her and ask her how she is and just let her know that you care about her and your there. Easier said than done though I must admit... just be yourself.

and LOL ! +1

well i do talk to her, quiet alot haha :p she knows im there if she needs me, like when we found out the next few days we were just really close and we spoke loads about what happened (twas suicide so we were both really confused, considering that we spoke to him everyday and were like best friends with him, heck he was ronud my house that same day). i just want to get her something that will make her a bit happier and smile and to just let her know that i care. she's had a really hard time with the whole thing and i feel she deserves something to hceer her up a bit so decided id get her something for xmas. not sure what tho..... hmmm argh.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Adoctor said:
/sigh...in the end i got both the bag and the ipod nano. Cost alot i know, but hell why not its only money.:(

Got the snow white kitchen for my little girl. I had loads of fun in Toys R Us last night :) spent ages looking around and playing with toys.

haha toys 'r' us rocks so much. havent been for years, not after the court junction :(

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Darksword said:
well i do talk to her, quiet alot haha :p she knows im there if she needs me, like when we found out the next few days we were just really close and we spoke loads about what happened (twas suicide so we were both really confused, considering that we spoke to him everyday and were like best friends with him, heck he was ronud my house that same day). i just want to get her something that will make her a bit happier and smile and to just let her know that i care. she's had a really hard time with the whole thing and i feel she deserves something to hceer her up a bit so decided id get her something for xmas. not sure what tho..... hmmm argh.

Do you have photographs of the three of you? If so, then a photo montage of your friend who died and the two of you, or just her and your friend, put it in a clear photo clipboard style frame.
It's personal but without being very expensive - put it on pink backing paper if she likes pink :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom