Christmas No 1

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by maxi--
Yes, that would be terrible eh? Almost as bad as somone who offers their half arsed, half baked opinion on something like depression, with next to no understanding about what it actually is.

Who rattled your fucking cage?

Y

Yoni

Yes, that would be terrible eh? Almost as bad as somone who offers their half arsed, half baked opinion on something like depression, with next to no understanding about what it actually is.

I suggest you visit your therapist you are quite obviously need someone to vent that teenage angst.

Lighten up plz :rolleyes:

M

maxi--

I responded honestly to a post that wasn't at all light hearted.

Was your initial post a joke? or wit or something? Because it just seems horrendously naive, to me.

I apologise if your intention was to lighten everyones day with your slick and clever humour.

Sorry.

T

Testin da Cable

I responded honestly to a post that wasn't at all light hearted.

Was your initial post a joke? or wit or something? Because it just seems horrendously naive, to me.

I apologise if your intention was to lighten everyones day with your slick and clever humour.

Sorry.

YUO are here [X]

the point is here [.]

mind the gap

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
YUO are here [X]
[.]

mind the gap

Really?

What exactly is your point? I can't actually see one, I'm not daft, but what you said bares absolutely no relation to anything I've said.

Ironically, it is you who have missed my point, you read the post, got a little offended, and paid no attention to what was said.

I think it has something to do with being lazy.

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Yoni
Thats ok its Christmas time goodwill to all men and irate teens so apology accepted.

I wasn't angry, I haven't abused you, your inability to think for yourself leads you and your other forum friends to post cliche after cliche, without actually having the foggiest what you're on about.

Nor am i offended.

You do seem to be though

more irony, there, my intention isn't to offend you, it's to maybe raise the level of discussion on this board, from the norm..yours is nothing but reactoinary balls. (for want of a better word)

J

Jupitus

I haven't abused you, your inability to think for yourself leads you and your other forum friends to post cliche after cliche, without actually having the foggiest what you're on about.

Originally posted by maxi-- somone who offers their half arsed, half baked opinion on something like depression, with next to no understanding about what it actually is.

So, your half baked opinion as to someone's knowledge of a particular subject is above reproach for some reason? It doesn't count as abuse, so what exactly is it?

more irony, there, my intention isn't to offend you, it's to maybe raise the level of discussion on this board, from the norm..yours is nothing but reactoinary balls. (for want of a better word)

Raise the level of discussion? By insulting people despite the very obvious sticky thread at the top of the forum clearly stating that people can and will express their own opinions in this forum in particular? Hardly the best plan to achieve your aims, I would say.

Suggestion: Take your purile, poorly thought out and unwelcome ideas on depression (and everything else if possible) to a different forum where they might be welcome.

D

doh_boy

Not that I know anything about depression but I find that if I'm in a bad/sad mood angry/sad music seems to lift my spirits.

so bad might be a perfect xmas song yoni :p

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Jupitus
So, your half baked opinion as to someone's knowledge of a particular subject is above reproach for some reason? It doesn't count as abuse, so what exactly is it?

The issue is why on earth would ANYONE suggest that a Pop Song being Number 1 might be enough to send someone over the edge, because it's 'depressing' .
The original post was insensitive and naive at best, at worst DANGEROUSLY off the mark, i didn't analyse it too much, i thought it a bit too obvious to do so...

you cannot compare my reply to that, theyr'e two completely different things.

There's a world of difference between posting out and out flames and posting a barbed reply to something that was originally so insensitive.

I get out and out flames, and noone raises an eye brow...but when i imply even the smallest level of ignorance i get piled on, by anyone who thinks they have a dcent retort up their sleeve...blah blah..you get the idea.

YEs, i am in a grumpy mood today, no it's not a teen thing, its a fucking human thing.

T

Testin da Cable

Really?

What exactly is your point

my point being that you have missed Yoni's point. I'd have expected you to see that. as you claim to be neither daft or lazy. I, on the other hand, must be both as per your manifest opinion of me. my opinion of you, based on taking the time to look up and read some of your posts, shall best remain unsaid.

many people have pointed to the sticky post by Bigfoot, others have asked you to lighten up and Yoni has accepted your "sorry" post even though several pints of sarcasm could have been wrung from it if it had been a sponge. I propose you read Bif's sticky and try to understand what it means.

T

throdgrain

_39510823_babdger_nt.jpg

J

Jonaldo

Be warned, the killer snowman will be out to get you all unless you all cheer up before Christmas day!

U

-Ultimate

"we three kings of orient are, one in a bus and one in a car one in a scooter beeping his hooter smoking a big cigar ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh star of wonder.."

Lghten up guys its chriiiiiistmmmmaaaaas :D

J

Jupitus

The issue is why on earth would ANYONE suggest that a Pop Song being Number 1 might be enough to send someone over the edge, because it's 'depressing' .
The original post was insensitive and naive at best, at worst DANGEROUSLY off the mark, i didn't analyse it too much, i thought it a bit too obvious to do so...

you cannot compare my reply to that, theyr'e two completely different things.

There's a world of difference between posting out and out flames and posting a barbed reply to something that was originally so insensitive.

I get out and out flames, and noone raises an eye brow...but when i imply even the smallest level of ignorance i get piled on, by anyone who thinks they have a dcent retort up their sleeve...blah blah..you get the idea.

YEs, i am in a grumpy mood today, no it's not a teen thing, its a fucking human thing.

Music can play a very powerful part on people's emotional state, which is one of the reasons I suspect that the sticky post is there... why is it insensitive to post that some people may be more depressed to hear what is a fairly downbeat song as opposed to some of the cheerier music that's out there? In fact, to me that smacks of being rather sensitive and not the other way around. It's also sensitive to the fact that for alot of people Christmas in particular can be a troublesome time - those separated from loved ones for whatever reason and so on. It's a known fact.

You might be impervious to the powerful effects music can play on people's emotional state, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is.

Anyway. I hope you feel more cheerful tomorrow (or by now).

C

CAC

The issue is why on earth would ANYONE suggest that a Pop Song being Number 1 might be enough to send someone over the edge,.

i came close when "Everything i do(I do it for you)" was number 1 for the 16th week running and again when that god damn song from titanic was out (allthough thankfully the title of the song escapes my memory):rolleyes:

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Jupitus
What you said

Most of whta you said i completely agree . Yonis post may have been an attempt at being showing understanding, but due to Yoni not really(Seeming) to understand what Depression is, or how it works..etc...it's like a little knowledge is dangerous, if that makes sense.

Depression does not work like that, if a any person wants to harm themselves, the popularity/and or increased visibilty of something deemed as depressing by other people, will not make much difference. It will have just as much effect being at number 100 as it would being at 1. That's beside the point though, its not the specifics that raise the problems, it's the general misunderstanding of depression, which seems evident in the post.

It was a flippant and ignorant comment. With things like this, It'd be good if some thought was put into it, rather than reeling off the same trite cliches, just because its generally deemed a good thing to show understanding.

Perhaps i did overreact, but it doesn't mean that i don't have a valid point ;)

All this talk of reading the 'Please Remember' thread, yeah, the same applies for everyone else though, if i disagree with something, you should accept that, and disagree with me if you like..heated debate should NOT be seen as a bad thing. It's healthy, as long as it doesn't esculate(as it so often does) into flame wars.

and thanks to this thread, i learnt the meaning of a couple of words ;)

T

throdgrain

Sorry, but who cares, she was talking about a song , this isnt the Medical Forum is it ?
Perhaps its the Take Everything Too Seriously Forum ....

J

Jupitus

It was a flippant and ignorant comment. With things like this, It'd be good if some thought was put into it, rather than reeling off the same trite cliches, just because its generally deemed a good thing to show understanding.

Perhaps i did overreact, but it doesn't mean that i don't have a valid point ;)

It was not flippant nor ignorant. You overreacted and in doing so lost sight of things. You might have a valid point on some of the technical areas but your approach to putting those across completely blew any chance of people hearing your argument clearly well out of the water right from the start. You posted in an insulting and aggressive manner and those who opposed you did so through a natural instinct at 'stopping the troll'.

Leave it alone and go away to calm down.

Back on topic: I'm not up enough on the current music scene to know what deserves to be number one this Christmas, but purely from his massive fan base I wouldn't bet against Sir Cliff taking the title again.

C

CAC

sir cliff hasnt had a christmas number 1 in the 21st century

his last one was milenium prayer in '99 i believe it was

(not that im a cliff fan or anything,i just happend to catch him say this on a tv program the other night )

X

Xtro 2.0

Back on topic: whats the odds on Soapy Titwank by Judy Cum and the Spunkbreaths on being No.1?

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
Back on topic: whats the odds on Soapy Titwank by Judy Cum and the Spunkbreaths on being No.1?

evens

I

Insane

Originally posted by CAC
i came close when "Everything i do(I do it for you)" was number 1 for the 16th week running and again when that god damn song from titanic was out (allthough thankfully the title of the song escapes my memory):rolleyes:

that prancy woman celean deon or however you spell it done it, "my heart will go on"

only reason i know is the undying urge to remove her heart via her throat with my hands.

L

leggy

Originally posted by Insane
celean deon

classic :)

Celine Dion for future reference.

And Xtro.

Judy Cum's song is a cover of an old frankie goes to hollywood effort that was never released.

I think it was called "spunk all over my hairy chest you buff hunk"

G

GDW

No its a cover of a song me and my mate wrote back in the mid 80's ..
" Never Thought I Loved you till I.... Spunked over your Calipers"

T

throdgrain

I was involved with a band called The Soap Filled Pads.
We only ever played one gig - and that only involved one of us, not me - and the landlord of the pub paid us to get off in the end :)
Was a fucking good laugh though :)

Users who are viewing this thread