Christmas No 1

G

GDW

Not that any of you would or should care, but I just wanted to plug The Darkness

T

Trem

I hate the Darkness, although I do like their Xmas single, so either that or the Bo Selecta one.

L

leggy

Originally posted by Trem
I hate the Darkness, although I do like their Xmas single, so either that or the Bo Selecta one.

Well,

Bo selecta being the shite that it is, i'd have to give them 0 points.

The darkness however can have 1 point, but only 1.

The cheeky girls can have 4 points. 1 for each cheek. They probably don't even have a song but their bums beat that **** miriam anyday.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by leggy
Well,

Bo selecta being the shite that it is, i'd have to give them 0 points.

The darkness however can have 1 point, but only 1.

The cheeky girls can have 4 points. 1 for each cheek. They probably don't even have a song but their bums beat that **** miriam anyday.

W00t!!!

X

xane

Is it me or does The Darkness look suspiciously like a Queen tribute ?

P

pg_exoshear

Proper Crimbo or The Darkness, it's between them for the Christmas #1 I think.

W

Wij

I can't wait to see the Christmas number one. I'll be busting after a night on the ale.

X

xane

Originally posted by Tom
Christmas no.1 is shit and meaningless.

No ! Christmas is a special day and not the same as all the others.

Edit: terrible sentence

X

Xtro 2.0

Its all about sweet baby Jesus.

Let us not forget that December 25th (well it was more like Jan 4th supposedly and about 4 BC but still) is a day of tribute to our Lord Jesus who lived on two planks of wood nailed together in Hemel Hempstead for our sins.

Dont let it be like Easter, even though eating fuck off size choccy eggs is nice, its all about him living in a cave for a bit and then fucking off.

S

Sharma

Avid Merrion - Proper Chrimbo.

I love it. :p

The darkness' one is toss tbh though.

O

old.tRoG

I think they're all shite.

Apart from Proper Chrimbo, I giggled a bit the first time I saw/heard that.

And it's quite catchy, too.

E

echo

GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD

L

leggy

Originally posted by echo
GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD GARY JULES MAD WORLD

IS NOT A FUCKING CHRISTMAS SONG. AND IT'S AVERAGE. AND DID I SAY IT'S NOT A ****ING CHRISTMAS SONG?

Y

Yoni

As much as I like Gary Jules version of Mad World it just can not be #1 for Christmas. Christmas is a tough enough time for a lot of people without a depressing little number like that encouraging them all to end it all before the new year.

L

leggy

Oops. I appear to have gone off the rails.

Just so everyone understands I wasn't serious.

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Yoni
Christmas is a tough enough time for a lot of people without a depressing little number like that encouraging them all to end it all before the new year.

If someone is driven to the point of suicide by a toss record like that then theres one less piece of human trash on the roads so I can maybe get to work quicker in the car.

Christmas spirit and all that.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Xtro 2.0
If someone is driven to the point of suicide by a toss record like that then theres one less piece of human trash on the roads so I can maybe get to work quicker in the car.

Christmas spirit and all that.

Unfortunately it doesnt quite work like that cos every space thats created by one lost motorist is filled by 2 more idiotic motorists...

T

throdgrain

The other day I think I heard a version of mad world (a shite record imo btw) done by Chas and Dave , which finally does the song tribute :)

D

doh_boy

Apparently fame academy alex has done a version. It's on her album (I think).

L

leggy

I heard that. Funnily enough she has managed to make all her songs sound the same including mad world.

Bloody fame academy shite.

M

maxi--

Originally posted by Yoni
As much as I like Gary Jules version of Mad World it just can not be #1 for Christmas. Christmas is a tough enough time for a lot of people without a depressing little number like that encouraging them all to end it all before the new year.

Yes, that would be terrible eh? Almost as bad as somone who offers their half arsed, half baked opinion on something like depression, with next to no understanding about what it actually is.

T

Testin da Cable

lighten up ffs :rolleyes:

Please remember when posting your views in this forum that Music, Film and the Arts in general are areas where often it is a matter of personal opinion with regards to the merits of a certain piece or production. Whilst you may disagree with someone over their personal view on such material this is not an acceptable reason to insult them. Any such insulting comments will result in your account being suspended and, where necessary, banned.

D

Daffeh

Hasnt it already been decided that the new unknown pop idle winner will have the #1.... or am i just being cynical again?

D

doh_boy

This year all ten pop-idle finalists will avail our ears with their rendition of the John Lennon classic 'Happy Christmas war is over'.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread