Christmas Day / New Years Day Relic Raids.

O

old.Xanthian

Lets not have any.. k

Yes that applies to you Middys too.

K

kaod

How about everyone comes out from the trenches for a game of football on xmas day instead? ;)

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by kaod
How about everyone comes out from the trenches for a game of football on xmas day instead? ;)

Sod that how about a friendly dueling event :D

O

old.Wildfire

albs on pryd raided the hibs at 4am christmas eve :sleeping:

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by old.Wildfire

Aye, thats why I posted this, hoping that no-one will be sad and pathetic enough to organise a raid on Excal.

K

karlophin

Lets just meet at Excaliber for Punch and Pie!!

Ill bring the pie, who can supply the punch?

K

katt!

SKILL

TACTICS

COOPERATION

T

Tilda

seems that for most albs on Excalibur those are mutually exclusive.

Think Wildfire we should cancel those rams :)

Tilda

O

old.Xanthian

:rolleyes:

Someone is gonna raid, its too damn obvious.
I know it wont be Hibs, most likely to be Mids.
Or possibly, Aussies band of benders from GoL..

O

old.Nol

This is WAR! 24/7 and people who follow other religions also have a paying right to be involved in relic takes. It seems as if the US and UK are prepared to ruin the "time of peace and goodwill" anyway, we may as well follow suit.

K

kameh

Personally I couldnt care less who has the relics, albs could have all 6 and I doubt it'd bother me in the slightest. If midgard loses thiers then it just means we go get them back, preferably when I'm online this time though :p

I'd like to see no raids this christmas period but I think it will happen, server population is so low that it's possibly the easiest time all year to do so. Also if you dont read barrysworld forums you'd never get flamed for doing it..

Anyway Merry Christmas everyone, even the buffbots :D

O

old.Wildfire

k ill be round for those in a minute then kameh

A

Archeon

Raids!?!

God no, but i would like to invite any Attractive! women to join me for a snowball fight in odins :)

K

kameh

k ill be round for those in a minute then kameh

Best leave it until 5-6am on christmas day :p

N

Negura`

Originally posted by kameh
Personally I couldnt care less who has the relics, albs could have all 6 and I doubt it'd bother me in the slightest. If midgard loses thiers then it just means we go get them back, preferably when I'm online this time though :p

U better stay up till 5am in the morning then?

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Kameh

Best leave it until 5-6am on christmas day :p

Oo

Wildfire do we have spys or how did he know our start...
umm
[EDITED] ;)

Tilda

K

kameh

Originally posted by Tilda

Oo

Wildfire do we have spys or how did he know our start...
umm
[EDITED] ;)

Tilda

LOL :D

oh god what if your not kidding! :(

G

Gedan/Skugg

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
:rolleyes:

Someone is gonna raid, its too damn obvious.
I know it wont be Hibs, most likely to be Mids.
Or possibly, Aussies band of benders from GoL..

Well, then why did hibbs bash doors at bleed at 1am then? ;)

O

old.Xanthian

Remind me, since when has Bledmeer been a Relic ? :rolleyes:

Maybe they wanted DF.

C

Cami

i promise i wont go on any, im waaaaaaay to drunk to do that anyway :uhoh:

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Remind me, since when has Bledmeer been a Relic ? :rolleyes:

Maybe they wanted DF.

Because we all know it takes 7+fg to take Bledmeer.

O

old.Xanthian

These days it does :p

Its usually very well defended :)
Like I said, they wanted DF..

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos

Because we all know it takes 7+fg to take Bledmeer.

I organised the Bledmeer siege. It started out with 3 people: Nadhia, Saryon and me. I found some peeps camping Odin's amg willing to help, and some peeps who responded to my message on /as. Dyslexian had 2 rams, 3 peeps helped carry, and with about 15 people spread over 3 small groups we attacked Bledmeer. Main reason for the siege: Mids don't come out in Odin's unless you start taking their keeps. Mids can usually be counted on to quickly come and defend them, and if they don't, you can always get the next keep ( ;

We got the 2 doors down, made it to the Jarl, but because of defending Mids AND because of Albs who attacked us from behind, we did't make it. One group of Hibs had responded to our call for help, but since we died, they waited at hmg where Albs now camped, knowing reinforcements might come through in small numbers. After killing the albs, Hibs gathered there. We set out to Bledmeer, planning to move together, but something went wrong and my group of 7 got killed by 2fg mids standing in front of Bledmeer.

So we got the Mids out to play, great ( ; We released, met up again, and I made a simple plan: my group ran up, started pulling guards, knowing 2fg mids were waiting for a big force to show. After a while I guess we convinced em there was only 1fg hibs there, so they charged out to wipe us. I yelled charge, and 3fg hibs zerged down from the hill to kill at least half of the mids defending. Great teamwork by my fellow hibs (it sounds simple, but any plan requiring people to have patience in daoc usually fails quickly)

And so the siege began again. The doors had been repaired, but not upgraded, and gradually more mids popped up inside, and hibs arrived to help. In the end it was 6fg vs 6fg, and when Hibs ran out of rams and mana, which was after more than 2 hours of laying siege on Bledmeer, they finally decided to move back. Some went to kill albs, some went to check if we could get Nottmoor, some went to retake Crauchon which the Albs had claimed during the siege. The retreat was a bit less organised, with lots of people tired or afk, and Mids zerged out. Reports indicated 6-7fg Mids charging out, killing the remaining Hibs. Guess it took that many to get the courage to do it :p

Not a single Hib player complained about 'giving away rps' or any nonsense like that, and afaik everyone enjoyed the 2 hours of laying siege on Bledmeer. And we enjoyed fighting the Mids who persistently defended it. Great way to celebrate Christmas eve in DaoC ( ; It was a spur-of-the-moment decision to try for Bledmeer, not to open DF, certainly not a relic raid. But if we scared you: good ( ;

G

Gordonax

What would be the fun in having all the relics? You'd never get to plan/go on any relic raids... :D

N

noaim

Originally posted by Ensceptifica

In the end it was 6fg vs 6fg, and when Hibs ran out of rams and mana, which was after more than 2 hours of laying siege on Bledmeer, they finally decided to move back.

Lol, couldnt resist...did you run out of mana after 2 hours of siege and then left? :)

Merry christmas ;)

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by Gordonax
What would be the fun in having all the relics? You'd never get to plan/go on any relic raids... :D

We never do anyway :p
Well at least not "plan" usually spare of the moment kinda thing :)

A

AbPoon

At least you can draw us Mid's out by rattling a few keep door's.

We can goto Alb aand knock over all of their keeps and all you get is 100 Alb's cowering in Excal, Take 4 keeps and you might get a fg of blue conns if your lucky.

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by AbPoon
At least you can draw us Mid's out by rattling a few keep door's.

We can goto Alb aand knock over all of their keeps and all you get is 100 Alb's cowering in Excal, Take 4 keeps and you might get a fg of blue conns if your lucky.

Which is why I'm thankful for the Mids showing up ( ; I didn't mind at all that we couldn't get Bledmeer. The great fighting was well worth the effort, and imho that's what DaoC is all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom