Holiday Christmas 2012

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Thanks Lamp

So.. There's a shop open in my town selling Xmas decorations already, quite scary. Anyone doing anything special / being extra scornful?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's fucking OCTOBER. :eek:

It's bad enough we've got xmas shit in the shops. We don't need it here. We've got the american AIDS-filled gayness that Halloween has become and the proper blow-up-your-parliament festival on the 5th of November.

I, for one, will be banging the anti-commercial-shitness drum until you start opening your advent calendars. Until then, shame on you for perpetuating massive wankness.

:eek:, and again :eek:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
We has the Christmas beer in stock already,

- Food for thought:
With shops it's veeery easy. If no one buys it, they wont sell it! simple as that, dont like it? dont buy it!
The beer is easily the best selling beer atm, and christmas is miles off, I hate it - but mula is, how you say ?... Mula'!

rynnor

Rockhound
Lol - I love christmas - whats not to like about free days off, lots of really fattening food and getting hammered at various christmas parties, bonus time, pay raise etc.

If only every month could be christmas :p

ileks

Part of the furniture
My favorite time of the year by far. Family, great food (pigs in blankets!), drinks and the smell of a real Christmas tree. Lovely.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Normal beer with "festive spices" in it and a reindeer on the bottle.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
what is Christmas beer?

Not sure. Maybe its the stuff you get offered by relatives who don't usually buy anything and have no idea what to get, how much, or how to store it

"We've got lots of things to eat and drink, so help yourselves! Oh, Family Fortunes is on everyone!!"

*Lamp looks at the table*

A half bottle of Advocaat (still dusty), three cans of room-temperature Carling Black Label, 2 bottles of Babycham, supermarket brand diet Cola, a bottle of ribena, and three miniatures of Malibu.

:(:cry:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Lol - I love christmas - whats not to like about free days off, lots of really fattening food and getting hammered at various christmas parties, bonus time, pay raise etc.

If only every month could be christmas :p

I love Christmas as well, but as Scouse says it's bloody October.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its practically the end of October. November's full of Meh anyway (Remembrance Sunday aside ofc). 60 days

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
2 days. that's what it gets. At tops 3 if feeling particularly festive. This? *waves finger at thread* New low.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually looking forward to it for a change. This year is the first one where my eldest is old enough to understand what's going on (She was running around the house practising "trick or treat" when I left this morning), and its my youngest's first birthday a few days before. Its a bit of a cliche but Christmas without kids in the house is a bit of a waste of time tbh.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Actually looking forward to it for a change. This year is the first one where my eldest is old enough to understand what's going on (She was running around the house practising "trick or treat" when I left this morning), and its my youngest's first birthday a few days before. Its a bit of a cliche but Christmas without kids in the house is a bit of a waste of time tbh.

We had our first santamas without any kids around a few years back, it was excellent. Not that there's anything wrong with kids(especially with a nice hollandaise sauce), but the peace and quiet of santamas really doesn't work with them around.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Tuborg Julebryg is delightful - but yeah theres been christmas ads on TV for couple of weeks now, went to Ikea at start of October and they are in full xmas mode

looking forward to it as i dont get to see the family all together more than once per year these days ;)

Nate

FH is my second home
Best xmas pudding evar!!! Heston's from waitrose

article-1331888-0C2C21C3000005DC-669_468x342.jpg

rynnor

Rockhound
Waitrose do a fantastic mince pie filling - I like to bake mine Christmas Eve for that traditional christmas smell - mmm...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I like to bake mine Christmas Eve for that traditional christmas smell - mmm...

Thats what my large colon will be doing with all the pigs-in-blankets. I've ordered the Mrs a Hazchem suit. She'll need it if she wants to use the bathroom Christmas morning...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Waitrose do a fantastic mince pie filling - I like to bake mine Christmas Eve for that traditional christmas smell - mmm...

Traditional. Bought. ololol

Make your own. easy.

rynnor

Rockhound
Traditional. Bought. ololol

Make your own. easy.

It needs to be done months ahead though to really mature flavourwise and preserves are a science of their own - everything needs to be boiled and all the seals good or else moulds takeover. Sod that frankly.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Best xmas pudding evar!!! Heston's from waitrose

article-1331888-0C2C21C3000005DC-669_468x342.jpg

I'd like a real chrimbo pudding. Who's willing to send me one or point me in the direction of someone who will?
Actually I'm kind of up for the challenge of making one myself, though I'll have to bake it and not steam.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
cheers for that but some thieving Dutch customs cvnt would prolly make off with it :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom