Chris Reeves wife dies.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Aada said:
Dunno if anyone knew but heres the link

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/07/reeve.obit/index.html

She died of lung cancer and was a NONE smoker.

I love the way you put that in caps, like the only way to die of lung cancer is to smoke. I'm firmly of the opinion that cancers are primarily a genetic predisposition; smoking will raise your chances if you have that predisposition, but if its in your genes, no amount of healthy living is going to save you ultimately. Given my Dad's had two cancers in the last 18 months, and my Mum's side have had several and even my young niece has had a tumour; I fully expect to get something at some time.

Aada

Part of the furniture
DaGaffer said:
I love the way you put that in caps, like the only way to die of lung cancer is to smoke. I'm firmly of the opinion that cancers are primarily a genetic predisposition; smoking will raise your chances if you have that predisposition, but if its in your genes, no amount of healthy living is going to save you ultimately. Given my Dad's had two cancers in the last 18 months, and my Mum's side have had several and even my young niece has had a tumour; I fully expect to get something at some time.

I put it in caps so what? i'm a none smoker and firmly believe passive smoking can cause lung cancer.

End of chat.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Non.

What's the point of starting a thread if you're going to say "End of chat." in the 3rd post??

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Lesbian nuns. Is there anything more disturbing?

(I, of course, am thinking of the scary, wrinkle puss, catholic hell spawns that taught me as a child...brr)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Sissyfoo said:
Lesbian nuns. Is there anything more disturbing?

(I, of course, am thinking of the scary, wrinkle puss, catholic hell spawns that taught me as a child...brr)

being beaten by nuns is one of my earliest childhood memories...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Their 13 year old son must be finding this hard to deal with. Losing both parents one after the other like this...

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
being beaten by nuns is one of my earliest childhood memories...

and one of my earliest adult fantasies.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Why should anybody give a shit about this woman?

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:

why should anyone give a shit about anyone?

Compassion maybe?
Childhood memories of her husband?
Because she did a lot of good things and made some people happy?
She was actually an up and coming actress when she married Reeve and put her career on hold to nurse him after her accident.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Tom said:

i agree with Tom :eek: . never bought into the whole caring about rich people shenanigans.

rip, or what ever.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
yaruar said:
why should anyone give a shit about anyone?

Compassion maybe?
Childhood memories of her husband?
Because she did a lot of good things and made some people happy?
She was actually an up and coming actress when she married Reeve and put her career on hold to nurse him after her accident.

What I mean is, why is she given mention? I don't hear anybody lamenting the loss of some sheep farmer who walked on top of an old mine.

Really, who gives a fuck, unless you're related to her?

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
If we all had that attitude the world wouldn't be a nice place.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
yeah lets have more omg I got caught speeding what should I do threads :p Its a general forum and the subject is worthy of a post, your comment was a little poor, not something I would have expected from you.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
he is right though. no reason to care. if you want to care then that is fine, but people shouldnt be forced into it.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:
he is right though. no reason to care. if you want to care then that is fine, but people shouldnt be forced into it.

some people care, some people don't, although calling into question the feelings of people who might care is a bit crass. although this is the interweb, so we shoudl all have skin thicker than the callouses on the palms of a basement dwelling slashdot reader.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
I dont see anyone forcing anyone to care about anything. I just see another thread with a link to an event that may or may not be of interest to someone reading it. People may or may not have reason to care, you dont know that.

The thread is unlikely to get a 'thanks Im really glad you told me about that, now Im off to mourne'

Anyway who gives a fuck about whether or not someone gives a fuck.;)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
I put it in caps so what? i'm a none smoker and firmly believe passive smoking can cause lung cancer.

End of chat.

believe all you want, it's not fact.

:twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom