Chris Froome

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Anyone remember him?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Why would people not remember him?
Suarez... Anyone remember him?

The Tour starts today, ofc I remember him. Hopefully both Contador and Nibali will challenge him this year

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm going to watch a stage of it fly by again in a couple of weeks - it's passing quite close to me. I won't bother with the caravan and all that jazz beforehand this time though.

Job

Bradley got a Knightood..Froome got ignored...I think the establishment panicked when we won it twice

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Err, Wiggins is (or was) Britain's most decorated Olympian so there's that too. I don't think anybody should be knighted for doing well at an Olympics or Wimbledon or whatever but at least get your facts straight.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bradly got knighted for services to haircuts anyway.

Job

Just brought it up because the Frogs are over here and quite correctly pointing out that we hate cyclists and treat them as second class citizens...the thing that brings it home to me is that I must be the only car driver in the UK who stops before the red cycle box at traffic lights..even coppers park on it.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Bradley got a Knightood..Froome got ignored...I think the establishment panicked when we won it twice

Wiggins was knighted after winning the tour and Olympic Gold in the same year, and winning a ton of other olympic medals in previous olympics back to Sydney 2000. He was given the OBE in 2005 and the CBE in 2009, the 'establishment' worked up to the knighthood after over a decade of performance at the highest level.

If Froome wins again this year I would expect him to be made an OBE in the New Years honours. If he doesn't but does a good showing, an MBE. Either way in a few years, he will be recognised. As it stands he hasn't yet had a quarter the career that Wiggins has had.

You really don't know a lot about a lot do you Job? Or you troll. I can't work it out.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
He's just trying to get as much use out of the soapbox his nan gave him for Christmas as possible.

When was the last time facts got in the way of diatribe?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He's just a silly little troll who gets his jollies by being as controversial about everything as possible.

Job

Froome has been ignored even the French say that...when he won the Tour hardly anyone knew he was in it..we were still jacking off over Bradley and the Olympians..I bet 90% of people wouldnt recognise his name before the Tour buildup.

Oh and when you say controversial I presume youre referring to the truth...always upsets people that one.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, but quite frankly, who gives a fuck about competitive cycling?

Job

I just dont give a fuck about any sport anymore..Tennis bores me to death, rugby, F1, snooker...football...especially fukin horse racing..Olympics ..best bit is the opening ceremony..I couldnt give a frick who wins and I only watch to see if people fuck up..like F1 the crashes are the best bit.
I swear to god those wimbledon crowds are under some mass hypnosis...gogoban milidogovich beats paraniclan mukolava and theyre screaming and clapping like someones saved a primary school from a volcano.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
"Anyone remember this athlete?? I dont care! I don't watch sports or give a shit about the athletes!"

Full on HURR DURR

Job

I think the last time I had fun at a sporting event was the indoor supercross at the NEC...shit the riders were jumping 40ft in the air right in front of us and we started a rivalry againat the crowd on the other side by cheering for two the the big American stars..our guy was trailing by 20 yards on the last lap when he triple jumped the last straight..overtook their guy and gave them the v sign in the air..the place erupted..oh and Id drunk a whole bottle of thunderbird.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Thunderbird :) ... consumed by classy teenagers since 1995.

I used to drink that crap like it was water :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Thunderbird :) ... consumed by classy teenagers since 1995.

I used to drink that crap like it was water :)

didn't it used to come in 2 varieties, red or blue. which both tasted equally as bad as each other? We used to drink it by the bucketload as well, lol god knows why :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Every teenager generation has their drink. I figure it's kind of a stepping stone to "Oi! Lets go hav a pint!" as adults, just with other stuff that you can actually buy.

Energy drinks are current generations bane.

Job

Bad year for British sport..I blame the EU

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom