Chore or Fun?

E

Ekydus

Be honest people, just want to know your current views on the game. :)

Now, remember back to those days when your QB was grey, the icons were crap and you found levelling your first character fun. Remember when you found all the zones to be new and exiting, you didn't realise you were playing a gimped char or not, the whole game had a different atmosphere to it...

Now think to modern day BW whinefest-o-rama. Everyone moans, the population has increased quite a lot, you can't face the levelling grind again and you've played for so long you're turning you back on a night out with you friends.

I now pose to you the following question:

Do you play DAoC for fun of for a chore now?

I'm not interested in "I log in to talk to XX and ZY and then do my port-/assist-gank/death routine for a bit" because quite frankly that means you're doing it for a chore.
Do you actually find the game fun anymore, or has it passed it's use-by date?
Are you drawn to come back because you have nothing better to do with your time?
Do you wish you had quit long ago, or even never registered in the first place?

Sensible answers on a postcard to the above address please.

T

tildson

fun playing with my friends, but im a little bored of daoc. hope wow comes soon :)

D

dimerian

If I get bored,I roll a new class or craft a bit... addicted? Yes.

C

Carlos Bananos

fun playing with friends/guild

other than that it feels boring

D

del_eneste

mayb should of been put in general forum?
But anyway yes its turned in2 more of a chore

O

old.Tzeentch

still fun, rvr in emain is still cool.
love organising stuff, high end pve, relic, keeps, whatever

only thing that ruins it is other people, being arses, and everything that comes associated with it.

K

kirennia

fun, haven't been to emain in quite a while, whenever I do it makes me wonder why I bother playing, so I log off, go out or whatever, when I come back I do other stuff and have fun :)

W

wiseguy1

Sad to say it has become a chore... only play it cuz i dont have anything better to do at nights..
Still remember the day when my first char mad it up to the lvl so he could go up to the edge of plains and xp there.. was a great day for me. :) damn wish it was as fun and exciting nowdays as it was back then..
Hell ill admit it.. i even miss CS nowdays..thats how bored i am atm :)

Gonna be the first one to leave this game when WoW comes(if its any good that is)

P

phule_gubben

How come all these threads concerns rvr only?

I like doin quests and explore areas that I haven't been in that much. Leveling chars is a big part of the game, exploring areas the same, make hunts to get some deasent drops is fun too. There's so much more then rvr.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by phule_gubben

It's the RvR Discussion forum.

K

kirennia

Originally posted by phule_gubben

I like doin quests and explore areas that I haven't been in that much. Leveling chars is a big part of the game, exploring areas the same, make hunts to get some deasent drops is fun too. There's so much more then rvr.

problem is, once you've explored everywhere, where else is there to explore? :/

I agree, drop hunting is fun. However, its boiled down to same items for most templates.

Copper necky - Quest gets boring very quick
Gobbo jewel or copper jewel dependant on laziness
Couple of rings from DF
Couple of bracers from quest from gwyntell
And ofc clock from tower keeper

It's a shame SCing is in cause that cuts out the need for most PvE. Even Sidi I don't really bother to go to cause all your stats can b capped out using 99% stuff :/

I do still enjoy lvling up tho :)

Y

-yoda-

i still love the game . i prolly have the worst connection than any1 else but still enjoy the rvr + pve aspect of the game . i dont take the game to serious my main priority is to have fun NOT just rp's like a lot of you guys ,, i am competetive dont get me wrong , but id much rather run around df farming seals n killing the odd mids/hibs anyday instead of following the alb zerg in emain .

W

wiseguy1

Originally posted by -yoda-
prolly have the worst connection than any1 else .

U wanna bet? im on a 33k modem conn with 2 acc running.. goes ld every 4h due to ip resets from isp.. :)

N

nalistah

Originally posted by wiseguy1
U wanna bet? im on a 33k modem conn with 2 acc running.. goes ld every 4h due to ip resets from isp.. :)

Teherons ISP needs wub, pure wub :)

K

K0nah

fg v fg rvr is all thats kept my interest in the game, woulda quit along time ago else. lately its getting harder and harder to find, if and when u do find some u invariably gets adds (either enemy or albs)

so its mostly a chore with nuggets of fun here and there (just enuf to keep u from saying 'fuck it' and cancelling your sub atm)

if there was something better to play i would be playing it :m00:

I

iluvatur

its not the fact that rvr is zerg vs zerg or whatever, its the fact theres ZERO reason for rvring apart from getting rps....

no reason to play apart from take a few relics that noones really bothered about and all it does is enable you to kill easier and gain more rps

give home invasion against realms with relics imo ^^ ( and keep relics in camelot/jordheim/TNN )

I

Iswind

I play for fun ive played my thane since i started :)
I know hes a gimp but i dont care i usually try to convince my guild im uber anyway ;)

Ohh and btw ive played since about 2 months after release with a 6 month break and my thane is still only llv 48,5 :D

I think the biggest reason im not getting bored is my great guild..
Hia all FoMers

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by iluvatur
its not the fact that rvr is zerg vs zerg or whatever, its the fact theres ZERO reason for rvring apart from getting rps....

no reason to play apart from take a few relics that noones really bothered about and all it does is enable you to kill easier and gain more rps

give home invasion against realms with relics imo ^^ ( and keep relics in camelot/jordheim/TNN )

Imo you're forgetting you're playing a game if there's ZERO reasons for you to RvR but rps...

I

Ithurts

I remember my first char (elven s/s champ :x)
I was so impressed by another champ same lvl as me that could solo yellows with that bigass hammer!
I had troubles with blues. Times like these remind me of how boring this game has become :/

P

piggeman

For me it's a little of both. It really is fun to play sometimes, but I have turned down parties becuase "I haven't played for long, and this is my first free night in a long time". I think I will end this misery when WoW is here. I'm not planing to start with WoW. And not to continue once this server is empty. :(

But I do remember the good old days. I was a god i my first guild, cos I have reached the highest level of them all (in my guild that is). I was lvl 19 and 5 levels above the second highest member. It took me about 10-12 month to get my first char to 50. Now I can do it in a week. Something's wrong with this game. :eek:

A

arrakeen

Sometimes fun, but i allrdy plays alot less... im looking forward to the RvR patch if that fails to bring back some fun ill stop renew my accout.

Atm i plays with a irl friend abit on hib he is new to the game so we startede at lvl 1 quite funny since i have never played hib :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Was totally bored of this game so I pretty much quit.

However, I went back in game on Sunday to buy some odds'n'sods and had to run out of the barrows with an orange con scaled fiend chasing me. It got me down to half health before I realised I couldn't avoid fighting it so I turned around and slapped the shit out of it. It was great! Made me remember how much fun this game can be sometimes. :D

L

Lumikki

More like a chore these days trying to get anything done in this game. It's fun when you actually get a group for RvR with some friends but... this game is going downhill very fast, atleast in my eyes :(

xx

V

vintervargen

bored because you now know how crappy this game is in the pvp aspect.

would be 5x bored if i would have stuck to 1-2 classes also.

A

angrykid

Not a chore, but I do think that I'm addicted, sort of.:)

I luv to lvl, I love to rvr, I love to try out new tactix.. Like for instance, me and two friends went out to RvR last weekend.

One pac healer, one mend/aug healer, one shaman.

That's all.. we got zerged down, relled, went another place, got zerged down, relled, went another place, zerged down..

Great fun, and we all laffed when we hit the instamez, and saw hib use grp purge.. :-D

silly hibs. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread