Choose my Mobile

W

Will

I'm being forced to get a mobile phone...but which one should I get?

The only things I really want from it are SMS, email, and the ability to answer phone calls. And the email is optional. None of this picture phone nonsense.

So...what would you recommend?

S

(Shovel)

I have an Ericsson T68i, very good I've found. There's a personal organiser for you too ignore. Camera's etc. are optional though, so none of that crap :)

M

mookie

I've had mixed results with my T68i,
the functions it has will easy cover everything you need and more, but its quite slow and IMO the build quality is pretty poor.
My fone has loads of dust under the screen, the battery clip is long gone, and has been replaced with either sellotape or security tags from work (stiiiicky shit), and the volume slider on the side has gone missing. Occaisionally i also get network problems, it tells me i have no access to the network (Orange Contract), always a full signal just no access.

my experience with this fone has kinda changed my views on fones, i expected sony-ericsson fones to be good quality and with my previous experience with Nokias is leaving me severely restricted for my next fone.

S

(Shovel)

The T68i problems... hmmm. I would say that it can require a lot of clicking to get around the menus, which is a pain, but I can't think of how else they'd do it - and it does have a shortcuts menu for easy access to your more regular items (doesn't track itself though ala XP Start menu, which is a shame).

I've sometimes driven from Cambridge down to Bishops Stortford (a few counties away) and I get an "Invalid Mobile" error, which is random, but not a big deal - switch off, switch on and it's back to normal.

I think there's a newer SE one too? I forget the model number though. (Not the P800/PDA one).

P

PR.

I also got a T68i, nice phone, I use it mostly as a bluetooth modem for my iPAQ. Its small comfortable to use and has the extras available if you want them...

W

Will

Well, I eventually went for an Samsung A800, since its small, silver, and has blue lights. What more do you need in a phone?

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by Will
Well, I eventually went for an Samsung A800, since its small, silver, and has blue lights. What more do you need in a phone?

The ability to .... wait for it.. phone people?

W

Will

Maybe. I had options on a more recent phone with GPRS and colour screen, but I thought to myself "What is the point?" and then said no.

Users who are viewing this thread