chodax gave me a biscuitgasm!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ok chod my man your right, aldi does indeen rock, brought a pack of madonnas and yes they are very very nice indeed.

also brought a baileys cheesecake but no verdict is passed on that yes as i showed great self restraint and its still in the freezer and some cream sherry (fuck off, im old thats what we drink!)

i shall continue to watch you aldi updates with interest, if they start doing the mediteranian snack mixes again do please inform me

i thank you!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Glad you liked them. :)

I can heartily recommend the Tapas packs as well, they are the exact same ones on sale in Sainsburys and Waitrose but with different packaging and half the price. The St. Ettiene lager is rebranded Stella brewed in Belgium and not the rat piss they call Stella brewed in this country, it also costs about £1.50 less for a 4 can pack. Also if you like seeded breads the Aldi multi seeded batch loaves are superb and also on sale at the big supermarkets for twice the Aldi price.

Egon Ronay also taste tested all the supermarkets £14-£18 champange and again Aldi came out on top...

Aldi champagne 'beats the bigger brands' - News - Manchester Evening News

...and Aldi are also selling Chateauneuf-du-Pape wine for £7.99! You won't find it that cheap anywhere.

Lidl also do superb Canadian lobsters for under £5. All this has the big boys worried as the recent food price inflation has forced many people to start looking at alternatives with lower prices.

Tesco worried by Aldi and Lidl challenge | This is Money

I will add more products as and I when I get more information but no one should be put off by the so called stigma of shopping at Aldi, they sell some quality stuff at great prices and surely it is the quality that matters right?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Aldi owe me a fortune in over time from when i worked for them in 02,!!

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
never been to aldi.. none near me
i make a mean baileys cheesecake however:p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Do they still do the really milky Bounty rip offs at Aldi? :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Do they still do the really milky Bounty rip offs at Aldi? :p

Yep they do, the Lidl ones are a bit better though imo. They are as close to the real thing as you will find but only half the price. :D

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Oh man happy fucking days. Two Lidls just opened within a few miles of me, I'll have to check them out some time :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh man happy fucking days. Two Lidls just opened within a few miles of me, I'll have to check them out some time :D

Lidl not as good as Aldi on most things but the chocs and kettle crisps are winners. :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Lidl not as good as Aldi on most things but the chocs and kettle crisps are winners. :)

S'alright I don't do any shopping at all for my household, I'll just be heading there to stuff my face with cheap choccies :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
S'alright I don't do any shopping at all for my household, I'll just be heading there to stuff my face with cheap choccies :D

I like your style, to hell with the missus and kids, cheap chocs for daddy! :D

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Is this the same "Aldi, for when you're too pikey for Lidl" shop? :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My local Lidl has just started stocking weaponry. I bought 2 H&K MP5's with 200 rounds of ammo for just £3000 !

My local Aldi has just opened a hospital wing and a school

Awesome !

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
The chocolate stuff (any of it) from Lidl is quality too. And the yogourt (sp?)

And I have to give a good mark on Carrefour corn flakes. Even better than Kellogs.

Ahhh sux to be responsable of one's own weekly shop :(

PS: never go shopping w/o filling your belly, you end up buying stuff with your stomach rather than with your brains :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
PS: never go shopping w/o filling your belly, you end up buying stuff with your stomach rather than with your brains :p

You are not wrong there, I didn't have any breakfast on Saturday morning before going shopping and I spent £15 more than usual on junk. :D

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
I
t is so worried, in fact, that just yards from its headquarters in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, Tesco has built a mock-up of an Aldi store where its executives, product buyers and marketeers can study the tactics being used by the enemy.

this just made me laugh so much, maybe they would have a saved money by not doing it :E

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh the major suprmarkets are a pain in the arse, you spend a fortune on stuff that you need when theres no need for it to cost that much.

another really top shopping tip (we do this, aswell as eating before shopping) is to make a list and only deviate from it in the specials section! otherwise just stik to the list, if its names not down, its not coming in!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
and they shall get it...

when they are on special, and not a moment before!!!!

*is icey cold princess of reserve and self control*

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
and they shall get it...

when they are on special, and not a moment before!!!!

*is icey cold princess of reserve and self control*

How about bars of deliciously creamy Lindt choclate? Not even an ice princess can resist those!

liquid_choc.jpg

355.jpg

Ezteq

Queen of OT
rofl actually we have a 5 year old lindt chccy bunny in the pc room, its so cute i wouldnt let b2 eat it and now its become a pet.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
rofl actually we have a 5 year old lindt chccy bunny in the pc room, its so cute i wouldnt let b2 eat it and now its become a pet.

You seriously need to get out more Ez! :D

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH

my ex actually gave me one of those - I ate it the day after we split up :D something good did come out of the relationship after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom