Chloe's great "plan".....

F

Faeldawn

Well, for anyone that was around today at 4pm we were all gathered at the solsar warpgate for some announcement. Most outfits recalled their troops from the front, costing us 3 continents, to assemble for this oh-so-important announcement.

A hundred or-so NC assembled to hear this announcement:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chloe - " I had a great new idea." (actually, as it turned out, a very old idea that never worked in the first place)

Chloe - " We set-up AMS on islands and use deliverers to ferry stuff across" (impossible ofc as you cant get the AMS to the islands in the firstp place)

This then changed to:

Chloe - " We set-up AMS on the beaches and use the islands as an air base" (That was it, that was the big announcement....something my outfit and others have been doing for months and certainly nothing new)

Biggest waste of 30 minutes of my life :) and as i said it cost us 3 continents :) but i hope it will give VS and TR summit to laugh about.

S

Summo

I am VS and I am laughing. Who's this Chloe, then?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Cloe... :eek:

You should have heard me on /o last night... never let off so much abuse before (no, he/she/it is not in PL but I felt like ranting).

"Everyone retreat to the island in the ocean - we use Liberators as ferries.. we will catch the TR like so by surprise."

Yeah, Libs make great ferries... and everyone moving to some fucking island will go completely unnoticed. Right.
Anyone listening to that retarded fuck weasel should be shot at dawn....

Werd.

M

Maliz-

let me guess. a cr5 that see himself as the chosen leader fo the realm :)

you may keep him, hehe

J

Jonaldo

sshhhh stop giving away all our t0p secwet fut0r planz!!1

Persistance is fertile, you will be facilitated!

O

old.ViscountCharles

The CR5 people are likely to see themselves as great leaders.

Unfortunately the requirement to get CR5 is spending too much time playing Planetside - so that's students and the unemployed, for the most part - while the truly great thinkers of our time are out researching genetics, organising foreign policy, overseeing the world economic suituation etc.

Now *eventually* some great thinkers are going to hit CR5 - but by then, /global will have become such a spam fest we'll all be ignoring it.

So we have a situation for the time being of CR5s not knowing their Pyrrhus from their Scipio Africanus, so they'll spend a lot of time trying to reinvent the wheel and making a whole heap of mistakes while doing it. Eventually either they'll learn, we'll tell them to fuck off, or a few genuinely clued-up leaders will emerge.

Same with every massively-multiplayer game that has large-scale PvP operations. I remember Dark Age of Camelot when RvR was lead by a few 40th level types that frankly couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Eventually EVERYONE was 50th level, EVERYONE knew what to do, and the leaders who could organise things rationally floated to the top.

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by old.ViscountCharles
Unfortunately the requirement to get CR5 is spending too much time playing Planetside - so that's students and the unemployed, for the most part - while the truly great thinkers of our time are out researching genetics, organising foreign policy, overseeing the world economic suituation etc.

What do you have against unemplyoed people and students precisely? Just because you may not have a job or are studying at university it doesn't mean you're a complete pilchard ;)

O

old.ViscountCharles

Oh dear - someone had a slight sense of humour failure and failed to see the tongue in cheek I was sporting when I wrote that paragraph.

But then, I could point out that the *smart* students ARE "researching genetics, organising foreign policy, overseeing the world economic suituation etc". It's the media studies types that have all day to play PS.

S

Sarum TheBlack

It's not our fault you've got crap CR5's. VS has a couple of good ones that do know what they're doing.

And right now.. no student is doing anything, since Uni terms have (mostly) finished. Even the bright ones probably find it hard to reserch genetics when they can't get into the labs.

O

old.ViscountCharles

And what exactly is wrong with that out-of-term student running a lightning conductor up the side of the house, getting a few old oscilloscopes set up, some bubbling coloured liquids and unlikely glassware and conducting their OWN genetics research at home?

It's what we had to do, in the old days. Until the peasants burnt down our castles and chased us off with pitchforks and torches, anyway.

T

Thrinnor

pssst Chloe isnt CR5 :)
isnt even CR4............

J

Jonaldo

Was going to mention this... who said Chloe is CR5? ohh.... no-one did.. sorry, thought people might actually know what they were talking about there for a bit but no :rolleyes:

ps. am unemployed so must clearly be a retarded fool with no idea what would work in Planetside.

Great minds wouldn't waste their time on genetic reesearch or anything political, these are careers left over for those people that had no friends and were picked on at school ;)

M

mid_Efour

"LOOKING FOR SQUAD MUST BE BR18 CR3 LIKE ME" is what he/she/it spams in sanc alot. I have a feeling this person is probably a french 12 yearold that cant understand things like:

shut the fuck up u pubeless freak
fuck off no one cares you freak
just shut up chloe etc etc etc

Y

Yoni

I think Chloe (he / she / it) made br20 but it is only cr2 I believe - as for her marvellous plan its a shame that on several occasions yesterday with hundreds of NC in a base not one of the larger squads could be arsed to get an ant - therefore loosing the hack :|

Interestingly enough after the hack was lost 3 ants turned up all at the same time "clever things"

Nothing more boring than waiting 30 mins for a hack - the only saving grace was the fact NC for all their hundreds couldnt take the tower next to one of the particular bases so the cr / br was nice.

M

mid_Efour

edited for uncle sick, it was earlier in the morning excuse me...

-Y0ni
Moderator wrote :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing more boring than waiting 30 mins for a hack - the only saving grace was the fact NC for all their hundreds couldnt take the tower next to one of the particular bases so the cr / br was nice.

max pounder for teh win.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by mid_Efour
max pounder for teh win.

Strong spam and right on topic.

Methinks someone has too much time on his/its hands. :rolleyes:

P

[PS]Mung

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
Even the bright ones probably find it hard to reserch genetics when they can't get into the labs.

Trouble opening doors? What standards of education are you lot recieving if you can't even work out how a door operates?????

:)

S

Sarum TheBlack

Nah, Lab doors are like PS base doors. You bash your head against them, you hack the lock with a red laser tool, you jump around and STILL they don't open.

M

Manic Miner

Originally posted by Sarum TheBlack
It's not our fault you've got crap CR5's. VS has a couple of good ones that do know what they're doing.

saw a Global the other day :

'To all friendly ground troups, we hereby apologise now for killing you with our new liberators'

Oh, that's ok then, I won't care that I've waited n mins for my next MAX AI and then die at the hands of my own empire and then wait again.

Maybe the USA should accounce that to all UN countries when we next go to war.

Regards,
Manic Miner
(VS) http://myplanetside.station.sony.com/character.jsp?charId=299297&worldId=21

S

Sarum TheBlack

I don't deny we also have some crap CR5's, or people who think they're CR5's...

Someone the other day used /b at a base we were defending against hords of TR (or was it NC? I don't remember now) to leave, and go to some other base. "And bring vehicles".

I like the ones that use global to ask how many squads there are, and how big they all are... but then don't ever do anything else. You just wanted this information for your own personal peace of mind? Not so you could use it to direct ground troops then?

S

SilverHood

apart from enrico and kelben, I havent seen any other good VS CR5 commanders

none that i'd follow anyway

M

Manic Miner

Originally posted by SilverHood

tbh, i'll always follow my squad leader. I rarely listen to global's.

If my squad leader decides that they are going to following instructions from some higher order (even outfit) then that's fine, just relay the orders to me.

Chain of command etc etc :)

If the squad leader starts making stupid choices, then i'll go elsewhere.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

My favorite "leader" is b00n actually..
I wanna bet he wakes up at night, screaming "any1 got an ANT to Naum!?"

He must be on acid or sniffing glue...

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by SilverHood

Enrico a good commander? Urk.

W

Will

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
My favorite "leader" is b00n actually..
I wanna bet he wakes up at night, screaming "any1 got an ANT to Naum!?"

He must be on acid or sniffing glue...
I like b00n too. I think someone should tell him about this thread.:)

P

[PS]Mung

Do you think b00n remembers Michael Elphick? (If that's how you spell it).

Do you think he has visions of being a fat bloke on a motorbike?

Users who are viewing this thread