Chip Implants?

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3742684.stm

This little article snagged my gaze, I myself think its a good idea, I wouldnt mind one, since I think it would provide me with a feeling of more security above all else.

Of course there will be the people who will viciously oppose it, I think they dont see how people would benifit from this.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It will be like that film with Slyvester Stallone in it! Yes !
Can a see a bit more of Sandra Bullock please ?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I wouldn't use one until it became a national law... at which point I'd leave the country :p

Yes, there will be laws to stop rogue corporations from monitoring your movements and shopping habits etc... but secret government agencies will collect as much information as possible. As mentioned in the article, one sweep of the scanner and you'll know the identity of everyone in a protest/political meeting.

What's preventing someone from acquiring another person's chip(quite messy, I'd think) and walking into a high security facility. Maybe the chip is somehow monitoring it's hosts vital signs/brain waves... and that is the first proof of what these chips are really about, mind control. When 80% of the population has an implant, someone pushes the button and everyone becomes a drone. Except for the 20% who were smart enough to remove their chips... but the drones will get them

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, but I've watched too many sci-fi flicks. No chip for me.

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
There's a Prof. at Reading Uni, Kevin Warwick, who had a chip implanted a few years ago. It connects to part of the university computer system in his lab and opens the doors and turns the lights on for him when he enters a room.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Dweller said:
There's a Prof. at Reading Uni, Kevin Warwick, who had a chip implanted a few years ago. It connects to part of the university computer system in his lab and opens the doors and turns the lights on for him when he enters a room.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo - I was waiting for someone to mention Captain Cyborg.

:twak:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'd have a chip installed if it was a RAM chip and I could copy and recall stuff from it...would save me from having to keep remembering stuff

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hmmmm dys, that would only serve to lower your intelligence. Ever heard of doing a crossword a day?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Aren't chip implants a sign of the beginning of the Apocalypse?!

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
dysfunction said:
I'd have a chip installed if it was a RAM chip and I could copy and recall stuff from it...would save me from having to keep remembering stuff

I use a pen and paper for that. No surgery required :)

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Book of Revelation said:
{13:16} And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: {13:17} And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. {13:18} Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.

heh

:p

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Dillinja said:
Aren't chip implants a sign of the beginning of the Apocalypse?!
No, that's the coming of the four horsemen you're thinking of.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
du dum tish!

Edit- Bugger, that didn't work very well

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom