News China's stealth fighter drives down a runway

leviathane

Part of the furniture
think i read somewhere they aim to have it ready by like 2017.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Near identical profile to the F22 and F35. Convergent design or blatant rip off?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
How many possible profiles are there for a stealth aircraft ? There's 1 mathematical best solution, so ofc designs will converge.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The chinese J-20 is a littlebit wider then the raptor. But as ECA said, it's kinda hard to change the design to much on a stealth plane :p

raptor-f-22.jpg

F-35.jpg

Just look at the Raptor and the JSF

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Raptor and JSF were both built by the same company, you'd expect them to look similar.
But don't look at the B2 and F117 then tell me every stealth plane must follow the same shape.

B2-Spirit-Bomber-1-2.jpg

1tpo2x.jpg

The chinese jet just reminded me of the soviet shuttle is all.

800px-Buran_on_An-225_%28Le_Bourget_1989%29_1.JPEG

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Raptor and JSF were both built by the same company, you'd expect them to look similar.
But don't look at the B2 and F117 then tell me every stealth plane must follow the same shape.

Both B2 and F117 is air to ground bombers, both with outdated stealth technology aswell(Taken out of production).

F22 raptor is a multi purpose stealther, both air to ground and air to air. You don't have much of a choice construction a plane then(If you want the same features)

The reason there is a little difference between the Raptor and JSF is the US do not want to sell the technology from the raptor to any other countries(Hence they made the f35lightning, which can be considered a smaller version of f22 with a little bit different stealth techonolgy). But even tho there is a slight difference, you can see the resemblence very clearly. Since there is only one way to avoid the radars(The angles on the plane have to be exact)

If China wanted to produce a 5th generation stealther, ofcourse they wont use the technology which the US used for nearly 40 years ago.(F117) And the planes will in the end resemble eachother, whatever nations they come from.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Both B2 and F117 is air to ground bombers, both with outdated stealth technology aswell(Taken out of production).

F22 raptor is a multi purpose stealther, both air to ground and air to air. You don't have much of a choice construction a plane then(If you want the same features)

The reason there is a little difference between the Raptor and JSF is the US do not want to sell the technology from the raptor to any other countries(Hence they made the f35lightning, which can be considered a smaller version of f22 with a little bit different stealth techonolgy). But even tho there is a slight difference, you can see the resemblence very clearly. Since there is only one way to avoid the radars(The angles on the plane have to be exact)

If China wanted to produce a 5th generation stealther, ofcourse they wont use the technology which the US used for nearly 40 years ago.(F117) And the planes will in the end resemble eachother, whatever nations they come from.

Bullshit, Britian's prototype stealth figher looks like nothing else and the stealth is at least twenty generations ahead of the F35.

Runway.jpg

Embattle

FH is my second home
Stealth is expensive and may be broken and even worse often the defense against such things is often a lot cheaper.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Actually it looks more like the YF-23 design that lost to F-22, but its not really that stealthy; its got front canard wings (not stealthy) and there's no profiling of the exhaust venturis to deflect the heat signature. In other words, a typical Chinese copy of the real thing.

Attachments

• 800px-YF-23_left_view.jpg
    800px-YF-23_left_view.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 57827-china-s-j-20-stealth-fighter-aircraft-pictures-leaked.jpg
    57827-china-s-j-20-stealth-fighter-aircraft-pictures-leaked.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 7

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Do the british actually have any stealth bombers or are we tied down with the Europeans and the Eurofighter?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Probably made of monkey metal and all the buttons will fall out leaving sharp points.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
There are many designs for stealth planes and they do not have to conform to the F22/F35 rules, like Dark Star.

DarkStar_Tier_III-3.jpg

Anyway here's the British one, Taranis, a UAV. I can see the current crop of manned fighter jets being the last generation ever, with future skies belonging to similar UAVs.

ataranis2.jpg

Chosen

Resident Freddy
There are many designs for stealth planes and they do not have to conform to the F22/F35 rules, like Dark Star.

DarkStar_Tier_III-3.jpg

Anyway here's the British one, Taranis, a UAV. I can see the current crop of manned fighter jets being the last generation ever, with future skies belonging to similar UAVs.

ataranis2.jpg

Please, read what I wrote before you comment! Those are still not multi purpose stealthers. Hence, you can't really set them up against F-22 or F-35 when it comes to design

And the proper term for the Taranis is UCAS.(And ofcourse the design opens up, when they are unmanned, hence they can make it different.)

The answer here is: If you want a manned stealth plane, for multi purpose function(Both air to air, and air to ground). Limits the design on the plane alot, and it is inevitable to not make it look a little like the american F-22 and/or F-35.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Never heard of unmanned combat aircraft system, have heard of unmanned combat air vehicles though.

UCAS are in use too in terminology it seems, so wouldn't argue much myself about which one the tanaris is.

It's a frigate class startship anyway.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
This has a really low stealth profile...

b5-narn-gquan-v4iiingame-3.jpg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, that's the one, mispeel there. Frigate class, gallente really.

Not a stealthship at ALL.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nah, if i remember correctly, it's an interceptor. Mostly used for tactical support to tackle larger ships. Pretty useless by itself, but man, the speed is great if you're moving small packages through hostile territory.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I was just pulling your leg a bit, Taranis is also a frigate class interceptor spaceship in EVE Online ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom