Question China

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Anyone been - give advice on what I need to look out for?

Going out for a week in January - Wuhan and then back to Shanghai.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Good luck!!

I don't think a week is enough...

My wife has been to Shanghai and she had a wonderful time but she did have people she knew there which made getting around and communicating with people an advantage!!

It took her an hour to find a bar she was meeting friends in only because she couldn't really know where she was or tell the taxi exactly where it was!

Besides that she said it was one of the most fascinating places she has ever been to!

There is a park in Shanghai where on a certain day all these old ladies go and swop pieces of paper and have a good chat. My wife found out later that they were there arranging dates for the sons/daughters!

Have a great time!! Wish I could spare the time to go there!

If you can visit Hong Kong or Singapore as well then do it. I loved both of those places and they are well worth seeing!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
cheers dys.

im going over on business, but have a free day on the Friday when Im in Shanghai.

I know its not much, but hope to make the most of it

Nate

FH is my second home
Watch out for Jet Li, he is likely to kill you if he gets sight of you. I've seen video footage of this, it is almost always brutal. There are others as well, lesser known but just as deadly. Check out imdb for profiles on these heartless killers.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Don't get taken in by the "language students" who want to improve their English by inviting you to a tea ceremony (where you'll get stuck with the bill).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Or the "English sex students" who say it's all for 'research' but then charge you a fortune.

His pimp looked very handy with a knife let me tell you :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom