Rant China : You wouldn't treat a dog like that? They would.

rynnor

Rockhound
They were also saved after Chinese people saw the pictures on Chinese social networks, a positive sign surely?

Exactly - in a few years they will be the majority. People still go out badger baiting (in growing numbers) in this country as well as organised dog fights so we arent exactly paragons...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The difference is they aren't legal.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We eat cows, but Indians think they are sacred on a side note, most westerners wipe their asses with paper, just think about that for a minute, we just wipe our shitty cracks with a bit of paper, one day people will look back in disbelief.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've had to take my lovely little cat twice to the vet this week, each time in a little fabric carrier. The noise she made while in that carrier would break anyone's heart. I hate doing it.

Every time I read about the Chinese and animals I end up angry. If they're not doing shit like the photograph in the first post, they're paying for rhino horns and elephant tusks. And when they go to collect those tusks, if they see someone horribly injured in a road accident, they just fucking drive on. Remember that video of the girl run over by a couple of cars, with people walking on past?

Fuck the Chinese tbh.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
You should hear the noise from a slaughterhouse. I used to pass it atleast 6 times a week on my bike. The stench is horrible aswell.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Generally, our slaughterhouses treat animals humanely. They're shocked/killed before being cut up.

Google "Chinese skin animals alive" if you dare.

Everz

FH is my second home
It's an animal? It's only because the dog is more domesticated that you give a shit. If this was a Snake or a bunch of Spiders would there be any issue? My arse there would.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You should hear the noise from a slaughterhouse. I used to pass it atleast 6 times a week on my bike. The stench is horrible aswell.

I used to live next door to one for 6 months. No different from the noises from any farm tbh.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I used to live next door to one for 6 months. No different from the noises from any farm tbh.

Mine was a rather large "factory" where 3 or more truckloads could be processed at the same time. As far as I know just pigs, but it's possible that other cattle got "processed" aswell. Lots of "horrible" squeeling noises amongst other things. Did provide a lot of work for the town aswell. They even send 14 year old boys to clean up the place (temporary employment agency). Usually lasted an hour, if at all.

I've seen bullfights in France aswell (still legal in Spain). Not just pricking with sticks, but the works (men on horses with spears, swords, etc). Witnessed a bull beeing stabbed with a longsword 7 times (6 times in the wrong place), before collapsing to the floor. Rising up again, literly spilled it's guts and collapse again. A little cut in the neck to end it off.

My grandpa used to buy meat at an old slaughterhouse aswell. If you where "lucky" you could witness a slaughter and take the meat with you.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Also, I'm pretty sure there's halal (or its hebrew version) meat beeing made in the UK. That should put the caged dogs into perspective a little.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh I don't see the problem. they view the dog as a food animal, and treat them no worse than your average battery chicken. perhaps better than one of those actually.
Dutch eat raw pickled herring, Icelanders eat rotted shark and puffin (and whale), Japanese eat jellyfish sushi, Peruvians eat hamster, Chinese and Koreans eat dog. Boo fucking hoo. Everyone feels bad about something.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Generally, our slaughterhouses treat animals humanely. They're shocked/killed before being cut up.

Google "Chinese skin animals alive" if you dare.

Thanks for posting, I don't feel out on a limb now. Eating dogs was never my point nor was having a go at thier culture beyond the way they treat animals which is fucking disgusting.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
tbh I don't see the problem. they view the dog as a food animal, and treat them no worse than your average battery chicken. perhaps better than one of those actually.
Dutch eat raw pickled herring, Icelanders eat rotted shark and puffin (and whale), Japanese eat jellyfish sushi, Peruvians eat hamster, Chinese and Koreans eat dog. Boo fucking hoo. Everyone feels bad about something.

It is not about eating the dogs mate, never was. It is about the treatment, transport and skinning whilst still alive.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
cho is a doggie fan i guess... who are we to demand our values on another country ... we have no jurisdiction ... we have no power .. we are a small nation punching above out weight in the international scene....

We would be more likely to give in to china and get smaller crates for animals so we can keep our trade agreements than the other way around.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I don't know about that. They probably think it makes them taste better. In parts of SE Asia tourists can drink fresh snake blood from a shot glass. They stab a snake in the head and drain it in to one or more glasses. I believe a full snake meal is in the order of 10 dolla holla happy hour fun times.

My point was mostly that people will eat/do all kinds of weird shit, and very often other peoples will not agree. While I do not particularly agree with causing the animals I eat any more suffering than strictly necessary I will still happily eat them. If I was Chinese I'd prolly eat dog, and given the choice I would eat the humanely killed one. If I didn't, I would eat it however it came to my plate tbh.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
can eat snake heart stil beating in some places its supposed to be a good health thing ... no difference between a dog and a snake .. just that one is seens a strokable in the west imo

Gray

FH is my second home
can eat snake heart stil beating in some places its supposed to be a good health thing ... no difference between a dog and a snake .. just that one is seens a strokable in the west imo

Yeah quite a few snake strokers around thats for sure.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Imo, China will have to face a problem within their own borders to avoid the country from imploding, before they take over the world.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Snakes are extremely simple creatures with piddly brains. Hardly comparable to dogs. You might as well complain about them skinning potatoes.

I used to clean up chicken guts on the night shift. Was great :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Have a look at how our cattle is beeing treated, then try and start pointing fingers at China again.

This. Absolutely this.

But I'll still point the finger at China and say "wrong".

In the UK our cattle iare treated nothing like that, we have very strict animal welfare laws

Yes - because the public found out. But even then - we're not that arsed, not really. At least not enough of us.

Our worst treated animals battery chickens are kept in bigger cages

Only just.

I disagree with your outrage at China because I think you've got plenty to be outraged at over in Blighty first.

It's easy to be angry at another country, miles away. But people in glass houses...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nonsense, you obviously know nothing about animal welfare rights in the U.K. or how vigarously they are enforced. We send a good amount of people to prison every year for animal cruelty and the CPS are now prrosecuting vigarously for livestock mistreatment since they took over responsibility from DEFRA.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
As for chickens, battery farming is dying on it's arse, Sainsbury's no longer sell them and the U.K. is considering banning imports of them. We do give a shit about animal welfare, you only need open your eyes and look around at the amount of campaigning going on. Many of those campaigns end up in policy change or at least raise awareness to levels that force change.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rubbish.

We've redefined the definition of what a battery farm is, that's all. Conditions are still cramped to fuckery. Maybe an extra 6 inches is all those dogs need eh?

Yes, we prosecute. Yes, we've got world-beating animal rights laws. Yes, we still keep animals in cramped conditions kill them and eat them.

I'm not disagreeing that the dogs in cages thing is bad (it's disgraceful). I'm just saying that we're not whiter than white - we just give the appearence of such...

Zenith

Part of the furniture
It's amusing how narrowminded you guys are. You dont actually KNOW more than is shown through popular media. It could be FAR worse than they portrait it, and it could be drastically better as well. Chodax, there is doubt most of the dogs consumed at the festival was treated like the news-link. Since you dont know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom