Rant China : You wouldn't treat a dog like that? They would.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...s-saved-activists-china_n_1454923.html?ref=uk

o-CHINA-DOG-MEAT-570.jpg

Poor bastards, that is as bad caging conditions as I have ever seen. The fucker transporting them had a licence to do so as well.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Have a look at how our cattle is beeing treated, then try and start pointing fingers at China again.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We consider dogs pets and place them above other animals, not all countries do. Meh.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have a look at how our cattle is beeing treated, then try and start pointing fingers at China again.

In the UK our cattle iare treated nothing like that, we have very strict animal welfare laws and any pens they are kept in are for very short periods. We also banned the use of veal crates, which are fucking horrific.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
part of their culture for 100's of years or not I just couldnt bring myself to eat a dog.. looking at my jack russel now and I'm just thinking to myself "How the fuck could anyone eat a dog?"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
We consider dogs pets and place them above other animals, not all countries do. Meh.

We don't treat working dogs like that either. Our worst treated animals battery chickens are kept in bigger cages and there is a national outcry about that, to the point where sales of eggs from such birds have plummeted.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
part of their culture for 100's of years or not I just couldnt bring myself to eat a dog.. looking at my jack russel now and I'm just thinking to myself "How the fuck could anyone eat a dog?"

Clever creatures, incredibly loyal, especially Jack Russell's. Not human and nor should we ever treat them as such but deserving of much better treatment than those poor dogs in China.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not in the UK.

Exactly, with regards to animal welfare I think that is one thing this country can be incredibly proud of. If we find out animals are mistreated there is a national outcry for reform, hell even factory farmed Salmon have strict welfare rights when it comes to nets/cages and space.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Indeed, normally I can't stand animal rights activists like PETA etc because of the extremist measures they take towards people like threats, arson etc etc but in this case I genuinely support them, no dog/cat should be treated like that.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
In the UK our cattle iare treated nothing like that, we have very strict animal welfare laws and any pens they are kept in are for very short periods. We also banned the use of veal crates, which are fucking horrific.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm not too sure about Englands rules and how they work in practise.

For example, some pigs in Holland are beeing transported to Spain to get slaughtered there (and then we transport the meat back). 2 days in the blasing heat (30C +) without room to move in a truck (2 layers). Chickens that are so fat the can't stand on their legs, but they don't need to anyways. Etc, etc.

I know we have a different look when it comes to cats and dogs, but it's hypocrit to point vingers at China when it comes to animals.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not that far away from this;

000899%20airline%20approved%20pet%20carrier%20rudducks%20large%203.jpg

Which is used to tranport animals in our "civilized" parts. Animals don't really care about the space, if they're locked in somewhere, they feel as angsty no matter how pretty it looks and if there's room to wag a tail or not.

About cooking them, well that's just because we don't eat dogs, as Ch3t said.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Which i used to tranport animals in our "civilized" parts. Animals don't really care about the space, if they're locked in somewhere, they feel as angsty no matter how pretty it looks and if there's room to wag a tail or not.

The difference is we dont lock 4-5 dogs in a single one of those and let them shit all over each other/starve etc, nor do we stick them in a pan and serve them up as a meal when the family comes around.

I dont have one of those boxes, I put a leader on my jack when he goes out because he has a habbit of running away and not coming back but thats about it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Which i used to tranport animals in our "civilized" parts. Animals don't really care about the space, if they're locked in somewhere, they feel as angsty no matter how pretty it looks and if there's room to wag a tail or not.

Don't be stupid, that is not for 3 dogs and it is for short term travel, they usually come with attachments for food and water as well. Those poor dogs in China are being caged in much worse conditions. Of all the people on here I expected you to be the one to show the most sense and compassion when it comes to dogs.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Come to think of it. If you want to consume dog meat, I don't think it's really practical to give them room to move around. You'll get bitten (at best) alot.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The difference is we dont lock 4-5 dogs in a single one of those and let them shit all over each other/starve etc, nor do we stick them in a pan and serve them up as a meal when the family comes around.

Yeah, we don't, put our rules are not world rules. Somewhere dogs are cows.

Just saying that as far as that caging goes, the dogs would feel around the same level of angst in our fluffy carriers as they would in wooden cages.

Not to mention, if we ate dogs(as they do), then we wouldn't give that many tosses about it.

Don't be stupid, that is not for 3 dogs and it is for short term travel, they usually come with attachments for food and water as well. Those poor dogs in China are being caged in much worse conditions. Of all the people on here I expected you to be the one to show the most sense and compassion when it comes to dogs.

Thing is, i don't let my personal feelings of "i like wubbly doggies smush it's face!" to stop me from seeing things as they are.

I'm not supporting it, but at the same time i'm not saying that it's "OMG RAGE KILL THEM ALL!" either.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Come to think of it. If you want to consume dog meat, I don't think it's really practical to give them room to move around. You'll get bitten (at best) alot.

Dog is a very poor source of meat considering the time to develop and the amount of food consumed to do so. The Chinese eat dogs mainly because of cultural dogma, they believe it has medicinal properties. Do you know that in some provinces the dogs are skinned alive?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, we don't, put our rules are not world rules. Somewhere dogs are cows.

Just saying that as far as that caging goes, the dogs would feel around the same level of angst in our fluffy carriers as they would in wooden cages.

Not to mention, if we ate dogs(as they do), then we wouldn't give that many tosses about it.

We eat veal and we don't allow them to be crated. Your point is worthless.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, you're right, western culture doesn't mistreat their animal products at all.

I commented on the transport and as such, the dogs are the same in either the OP picture, or the carry cage. They don't think that far, human emotions and lock up phobias should not be applied to animals.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, you're right, western culture doesn't mistreat their animal products at all.

I can't speak for western culture, I can speak for British culture though and we just don't do that shit. Infact does any nation do live animal skinning?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We don't. Individuals may well do but if caught they get shat on.

The Chinese don't bat an eyelid when a toddler gets run over by two trucks, I doubt they give a monkeys about animal welfare.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can't speak for western culture, I can speak for British culture though and we just don't do that shit. Infact does any nation do live animal skinning?

Oh right, i forgot, this is just UK against china, ALL chinese treat animals the same as the original story and i ofcourse approved of animal skinning :rolleyes:

In short and final post on the subject;

Extreme cases are just that; extreme, they do not cover all, in good or bad AND the transport system, from the dog POV, is not -that- different, but it seems like that from a human POV.

Disclaimer; i wuv doggywoggies and no one should harm a hair on their fuzzywuzzy heads.

rynnor

Rockhound
China is changing rapidly now though - there are millions of caring pet owners over there and the tide of public opinion is turning against the dog trade.

I think that it will rapidly die out and I find it a very encouraging sign tbh.

rynnor

Rockhound
The Chinese don't bat an eyelid when a toddler gets run over by two trucks, I doubt they give a monkeys about animal welfare.

The incident you are referring to caused an enormous scandal over there - I'm not saying its perfect but many of the opinions in this thread are out of date - China is changing rapidly in many ways.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rynnor, 15,000 dogs were consumed at a 5 day food festival in China recently. No doubt many of those dogs were kept in the same conditions. Dog meat is big business in China and despite what thier government would have us believe it is still a very popular food source. Yes there are many more pet owners and so opinion is changing but many millions of dogs a year are still consumed for food. That is ok, if you want to eat them you should at least look after them properly, that is an essential component of animal husbandry.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
By all accounts dog meat is disgusting.

And thanks for reminding me about that toddler. That brought tears to my eyes first time round and now I have a lump in my throat :(

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They were also saved after Chinese people saw the pictures on Chinese social networks, a positive sign surely?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They were also saved after Chinese people saw the pictures on Chinese social networks, a positive sign surely?

Yes, agreed, fingers crossed the movement grows. They can eat dogs, I can cope with that, just treat them properly and transport them humanely.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Well then, surely this means the Chinese are better then the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom