China limits online gaming

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
CrystalFist said:
If the problems of mmorgp addiction continues to grow and :mad: in worstcase destoy lives, the developers will be FORCED to make stuff like this themselfes.

God, I hate that attitude. That's what's wrong with most of the western world today, people's inability to take responsibility for their own actions. There's a really simple way to stop so-called MMORPG addiction; STOP PLAYING! But no, whiny pussies will bleat; "its an addiction, I need help"; need a good slap more like.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
God, I hate that attitude. That's what's wrong with most of the western world today, people's inability to take responsibility for their own actions. There's a really simple way to stop so-called MMORPG addiction; STOP PLAYING! But no, whiny pussies will bleat; "its an addiction, I need help"; need a good slap more like.

WINNER!

Instead of resetting your character to lower levels after 5 hours, they should do a personality test before you can even buy the game.

"Do you have long hair/pony tail and could fry chips in the grease?"

"Do you work as an IT "Techy" in a school or other such shitty institution?"

"Do you call everyone you don't like gay/noob and/or h4x0r?"

Too late for a fair few on here already. Ah well let's save some other helpless (sad) people before it spreads!!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Deadmanwalking said:
"Do you work as an IT "Techy" in a school or other such shitty institution?"

how old were you again?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
TdC said:
how old were you again?

Sorry wasn't meant how it came out. It just seems to be a theme around a certain mmorpg forum.

"Shut up i know all about such and such because i am a leet techy for my grandmother!"

Building on stereotypes i know. But there we go.

Will

/bin/su
Yeah, its terrible. It doesn't way what game it was, but I've not seen anyone that addicted to a game that wasn't a MMORPG.

CrystalFist

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:
Hay im in agreement with you too... but il try to argue from the other side for f's sake :p

As games get better and better(more real) it becomes difficult (whiny pussies) to draw the line between real life and game world.
Most people want to escape there everyday lives or astessfull period, some people use alcohole some movies,games or meditation for example.
Now say u had a boring life and liked having an exiting life only in a computer,
the more time spent in that exiting life the more boring real life would become.
I think for this reason a lot of whiny pussies dont have strong enough wills to stop playing/living online.
The problem will grow along with the quality of the games.

Why i dont like this and think that mesures should be taken is:
The whiny pussies go on wellfare(MY TAX MONEY!) and are put to rehab(MY TAX MONEY!) ...ok? ;)

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Will said:
Yeah, its terrible. It doesn't way what game it was, but I've not seen anyone that addicted to a game that wasn't a MMORPG.

I found online fps and rts's quite addictive (especially near my exams), but found civ very addictive. Difference between fps/rts and civ/mmorpgs is that in the latter you always have new goals to aspire to, so it keeps you on longer, whereas its easier to break away from an fps to go eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom