cherry picking high spec machines ?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
heard a rumour that the beta invites are only going out to poeple with top end machines recently ? anyone know about this - or has anyone got an invite recently, and if so , what is your PC spec like ?

Zandr

Fledgling Freddie
yeah plz do share if u got an beta invite!!! :)

really hope i get one this time!!!

see yah @ #war.europe - Q-net

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
me and my gf got invites but we have mid range pcs so doubt it has anything to do with that :) we have been signed up since the start tho

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Core2Duo E6600 (2.4 Ghz) with GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB - still no invite :p

Although, the DXDiag *still* interprets my processor as "Intel" rather than "Core2Duo" - not sure if it's worth updating it for hand or if that would flag it as "manually edited". :/

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie

Although, the DXDiag *still* interprets my processor as "Intel" rather than "Core2Duo" - not sure if it's worth updating it for hand or if that would flag it as "manually edited". :/

Its probably just not processor series line specific, it just wants to know the brand name, single/dual/quad and what speed it runs at

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie

Iain has said before ages ago somewhere that it is fairly easy to pick out the true nature of components by skimming through the DXDiag reports. I think he said that in response to someone saying their flush AMD dual-core chip had same reported clock speed as older single core chips. Also the AMD X2 has more cache memory etc. A similar situation arose with Intel chips but they have it covered. They look at lots of those DXDiag reports.

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
Just to clearafy what i ment with mid range amd64 x2 3.0 2gig ram 8600gts

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Core 2 Duo e6850, 4 gb ram, 512mb 8800 GT, running Vista 64 Home Premium. I got in this morning.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Intel M 2 GHz, 2Gb RAM, Geforce Go 6600 256 Mb.

Probably lowest spec of all that's named here, it's a laptop (yeah, the M kind of gives that away)...and indeed, no invite. Perhaps I should upload the DxDiag from the CG machine I use at work...but that'd be lying :(

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.20GHz - Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire - Geil Ultra 2GB PC6400C4 800MHz - 2x ATI Radeon x1950 Pro 512mb + competition win + vet sub = no invite. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I didn't get in with my quad core Intel running at 3ghz with 4gb of memory so I don't think they are choosing on that criteria, at least not on that alone. A good mate of mine got in today with the exact same machine spec as me (I built both his and my PC at the same time using the same parts) so by rights we would have both gotten in if that was the only criteria.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.20GHz - Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire - Geil Ultra 2GB PC6400C4 800MHz - 2x ATI Radeon x1950 Pro 512mb + competition win + vet sub = no invite. :(

If this is no invite, I don't understand what is tbh.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Not so unhappy seeing how so many Vet and Comp winners arnt in. Would it be so hard for GOA and Mythic to pick these out first :confused:. If im not happy about not being in after 9 months, I hate to think what you guys feel like. :worthy:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Not so unhappy seeing how so many Vet and Comp winners arnt in. Would it be so hard for GOA and Mythic to pick these out first :confused:. If im not happy about not being in after 9 months, I hate to think what you guys feel like. :worthy:
Hehe - signed up for the newsletter on day one, joined the discussion over at Warhammer Alliance in Dec 2005... it's been a while now.

Look at it on the bright side - at least come retail we'll get in. :p

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe - signed up for the newsletter on day one, joined the discussion over at Warhammer Alliance in Dec 2005... it's been a while now.

Look at it on the bright side - at least come retail we'll get in. :p

I'm pretty confident we'll all be in at the "almost open" beta.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
sorry i should of worded it better

not everyone with a better machine is getting in, but all the people getting in have got better machines ;)

:ninja:

Night_Stalker

Fledgling Freddie
Just to ruin the buzz, i just got the invite
Spec: CoreDuo2 1,86Ghz, 2GB Ram, 8800 GTS 320MB
Joined newsletter aug.ish, beta Sept

My guess for getting is my unuasual Gfx card, certainly not my late application to the beta. My guise is they try to test the mechanical mailfunctions and try to kill them first before goign into the balancing. So comp and lokal connection and what ISP provide you use is likly one of the biggest things they look for first. Although i realy hope alot of the "old fan-boys" get in since they grasp alot of the feel this games needs aswell as can give somewhat pointers on what is needed.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
We are months away from the game coming out, When the BETA first started im sure your spec ment everything. Now it doesnt, They need a wide mix of PCs to see what happens on each.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
didnt get in either with my 2700+ 2 gb ram and radeon 9600 xt :( but didnt suprice me tho :p

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I signed up for the beta on the very first day and never got in.
2 weeks ago I upgraded my machine to a quad core, 4GB ram and a 8800 GTS etc etc, uploaded my new dxdiag and today I got an invite.
Coincidence? :cool:

Night_Stalker

Fledgling Freddie
I signed up for the beta on the very first day and never got in.
2 weeks ago I upgraded my machine to a quad core, 4GB ram and a 8800 GTS etc etc, uploaded my new dxdiag and today I got an invite.
Coincidence? :cool:

Well they likly don't want players that are unable to play the game, skode pc likly doesn't cut it ;), secondly i jsut guess ur a lucky mofo, :cheers: <-- awaits inside.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Core2Quad 2.4 Q6600 3gbs of ram and geforce 8800gts 640mb

got it this morning and I upgraded my pc info on the site 2 weeks ago. old info was 2 years old or summit

misterjingo

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think machine spec has too much to do with it. I'm running a 4600 x2 64, 4 gig ram, 8800gtx (768 mb onboard ram) machine and not a whisper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom