"cheque returned"

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Erm i dint have enough money to pay for something i wrote a cheque for, so now i have a "cheque returned", is it coming back to me or back to the person i gave it to?

gohan

FH is my second home
Erm i dint have enough money to pay for something i wrote a cheque for, so now i have a "cheque returned", is it coming back to me or back to the person i gave it to?

technically no1, u wont get the physical cheque back jsut a nice charge from ur bank for it bouncing and possible a charge from the people u were paying if it was a company ect..

Jeros

Part of the furniture
technically no1, u wont get the physical cheque back jsut a nice charge from ur bank for it bouncing and possible a charge from the people u were paying if it was a company ect..

Nah it was my landlord, i can just pay him cash, ya i know im gonna get charged :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm not sure, and don't want to cause any panic, but doesn't a bounced check cause a marking of some sort? Or is it just with CCs?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Bounced cheques in the UK do not affect your credit rating. You get a charge from your bank. Thats it.

Mey

Part of the furniture
You've actually broken the rules with regards to writing cheques. As when you sign a cheque you are signing to say that the money is in your account.

The cheque will get sent back to the person who presented it (in my experince) so the landlord, then he will either be able to represent it or ask for a new one to be reiussed by the issuer depanding on how the cheque has been dealt with by the paying bank.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Need to go farm more granite giants in dartmoor Jeros m8! :D

Hows it going btw? long time no see and all that! :) I left a post on the DT forum the other day, didnt know if you still looked in there or not.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Technically that charge is debateable. All charges and unauthorised overdrafts are unconsideration by the office of fair trading and the banks in the UK. The court case is due in the coming months. It may be that you get your money back in the future.

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
To where the cheque goes will depend on, as someone stated before, how the bank handled the decision with the cheque. it would probably be set as RD (refer drawer) or RP (refer payee).
Probably a standard return charge from the bank issued, and if your landlord uses a business account to pay his cheques into he probably got charged too, and would be after you to recover the costs of that quite rightly as it wasnt his fault.
Depending on the amount and the way you handled your accounts in the past i'm surprised you didnt get a phone call to make you aware of the fact that you were going to be unable to pay the cheque and give you the chance to sort it on the day before they made the decision on it.

Although you probably put the phone down on the nice man in Hyderabad that wanted to let you know you were skint worried that he was going to offer you better internet service providings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom