Football Chelsea v Liverpool in Champions League

rynnor

Rockhound
Nasty draw for them - Man Utd have FC Porto and Arsenal v Villareal.

Looks like Liverpool v Man Utd final to me.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think Barca will beat Bayern over two legs, but it will not be easy for them. Liverpool and Chelski could really go either way, I would favour Chelsea with the 2nd leg at the Bridge though. Either way, whoever goes on to face Barca will be in trouble IMO. I do not see either the scousers or chelski getting through without some injuries or suspensions, too much bad blood from previous ties.

Think Arsenal have got a fairly tough game against Villareal, but they will have Cesc back by then, and should win. Porto should not be a problem, and United v Arse in the Semi's is a mouthwatering tie, cannot wait for that one.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not fucking Chelski again. It's getting beyond a joke.

Nice draw for the mancs again I see :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Easier game for the quarter final yes, but we will still most likely have to face Arse in the semi's and they will be full strength by then.

There are no easy draws at this stage, and over-confidence becomes a problem against the perceived weaker sides. Whoever wins out of Chelski and Pool will take a lot of momentum out of the result into the next tie.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If its United v Pool in the final, Rome is going to be a fucking bloodbath. Place is a tinderbox anyway.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is hard to say how Chelsea will perform, we've now got a few really important players back which has enabled us to do better recently. I would like to win but at least if we don't it saves us from another game in an already busy end to the season.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It is hard to say how Chelsea will perform, we've now got a few really important players back which has enabled us to do better recently. I would like to win but at least if we don't it saves us from another game in an already busy end to the season.

I've got a feeling Chelsea could win it; there's a lot of noise about Liverpool at the moment, but Chelsea are playing very good football at the moment and I expect them to be the ones to put United under pressure in the Prem as well. Of course even if they get through Barca or Bayern are no pushovers (and that tie is too close to call as well).

Embattle

FH is my second home
The most important player we've had come back imo is Essien.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Easier game for the quarter final yes, but we will still most likely have to face Arse in the semi's and they will be full strength by then.

Already beaten you once this season with a lot of players missing. Nasri > Man Utd.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Without a doubt the best defensive midfielder in the world imo and that is coming from a lifelong United fan.

Which is why you didn't say Mascherano :p

Pool ftw tbfh. 0-0 at Anfield, 0-1 at Stamford Bridge. Chelski players can cry all over again.

We'll do Barca, 'cause we already know how to go to the Camp Nou and win!

As for the Mancs in the final, well, it's another foregone conclusion, just like the drubbing last weekend :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Essein is simply the best midfielder. He is box to box, and will be amazing over the next few years.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Lampard > Gerrard. Super Frank has more trophies, more goals, and more class. Frank is a cosummate professional, Stevie is a thug who seems to love jumping in on people two footed. Even when things are going well, he has a look on his face like he's just found out Wayne Rooney has fucked his gran.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Like a Liverpool fan could ever be expected to be unbiased eh Scouse? ;)

Gerrard is a great player no doubt but the best? Not sure about that, Essien is without a doubt the best defensive midfielder on the planet though, the bloke is of the highest order and I would have loved to see him play for United but sadly it wasn't to be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Honestly. Better than Gerrard?

Firstly Gerrard's an offensive or central midfielder and has this season been playing mostly second striker when Torres is about. So that puts the competition regarding that position squarely at Fat Frank's door. And nobody can tell me that Lampard's better than Gerrard. Lampard doesn't make a whole team tick.

Essien is a great energetic midfielder but I think Mascherano is a better defensive player. Neither of them can make the whole team play better like Gerrard does.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Honestly. Better than Gerrard?

Firstly Gerrard's an offensive or central midfielder and has this season been playing mostly second striker when Torres is about. So that puts the competition regarding that position squarely at Fat Frank's door. And nobody can tell me that Lampard's better than Gerrard. Lampard doesn't make a whole team tick.

Essien is a great energetic midfielder but I think Mascherano is a better defensive player. Neither of them can make the whole team play better like Gerrard does.

Gerrard is a central or attacking midfielder and as I said Essien is a defensive midflielder. He can do things Gerrard is just not capable of and vice versa. I will not get into the whole Lampard v Gerrard debate though, it is just futile. As for Masherano, sorry but no, just NO. He is very good but he isn't in Essien's class. I am not saying that with a United bias either, I just honestly see alot more from Essien right now and with even more potential for the future.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As for Masherano, sorry but no, just NO. He is very good but he isn't in Essien's class. I am not saying that with a United bias either, I just honestly see alot more from Essien right now and with even more potential for the future.

Tell ya what, I'll watch the next two Chelski games and you watch the next to Liverpool and see if we change our minds :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And another 5 today. Yep, Gerrard's the best player in the world :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
And another 5 today. Yep, Gerrard's the best player in the world :D

Hehe. Have to admit he is playing a blinder at the moment, if he carries it on to the end of the season I will have to revise my opinion of him upwards a bit. ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He is having a good period, I think you rely on him and Torres far too much though, will be interesting to see how much cash Rafa gets at the end of the season, and who he can attract...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom