@ chelsea Fans

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
There is a whole thread all about the wonders of football, and we've been discussing this story in there since it broke.

Doctor%20Halloween%20Costume%20for%20Kids.jpg

FH Doctor says: You suffer from glen disease and the only cure is that you be put down.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I can't hear it enough tbh :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Seems harsh, but then, it got to the point where it was getting silly.

Now UEFa need to extend the ban to Tottenham Man United and Arsenal, who have been tapping up players for years.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Now UEFa need to extend the ban to Tottenham Man United and Arsenal, who have been tapping up players for years.

Thad, this ain't for tapping up, it is for inducing a player to break a legally signed contract which is different than tapping up. Not trying to get out of a contract but breaking it and Chelsea have been found guilty of 'inducing' him to do so, now I am not sure if that means payment or not but the nature of the fine kind of implies it is that serious.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thad, this ain't for tapping up, it is for inducing a player to break a legally signed contract which is different than tapping up. Not trying to get out of a contract but breaking it and Chelsea have been found guilty of 'inducing' him to do so, now I am not sure if that means payment or not but the nature of the fine kind of implies it is that serious.

So if a 15 year old Brazlian lad signs with say, Leeds United and Man United pop up and say "oh, we want you. here is 5 grand a week" he would go to Man United.

Its how far you can go back down the foodchain. Take Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal. They more or less stole him from Barca.

chelsea did the same sort of thing with a few Leeds players a couple of seasons ago, which led to our "saviour" :puke: Ken Bates having a right go at Chelsea.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
So if a 15 year old Brazlian lad signs with say, Leeds United and Man United pop up and say "oh, we want you. here is 5 grand a week" he would go to Man United.

Its how far you can go back down the foodchain. Take Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal. They more or less stole him from Barca.

chelsea did the same sort of thing with a few Leeds players a couple of seasons ago, which led to our "saviour" :puke: Ken Bates having a right go at Chelsea.

No, if he signed with Leeds then he has a contract, United couldn't get him without compensating Leeds. Chelsea didn't do that in this case, they 'induced' the player to totally break contract and wall away.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The funny thing is if it was a Chelsea player that got signed in this fashion by another club they would be the first to be throwing their prawn sandwiches all over the place.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Remeber tho chelsea where not found guilty, its a FIFA technicality that always presumes the club is guilty if a player breaks a contract then signs for a club. No evidence is needed except on the aprt of the club if they want to try disprove it, but how can you do thast lol

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hmm Talivar - I thought they had been found guilty, as it's taken two years to reach this verdict?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
They have because no proof is needed, was a man on ssn explaining it earlier. He said it is how chelsea will probally lead the appeal.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They have because no proof is needed, was a man on ssn explaining it earlier. He said it is how chelsea will probally lead the appeal.

Yes I have seen that, but I have also seen a fifa press release saying that the DRC are convinced chelsea did induce him. To be convinced of soemthing you need evidence. I think we should all wait until more facts come out.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Yep we all only going by snippets atm so the truth could be completly different. Tbh tho i just think chelsea are scapegoats same as eduardo was and if thats the case man united and liverppol and co should worry ebcause platini and co have warned just a week or so ago that teams with big debts are on the hit list and this last week has shown fifa/uefa are ready and willing to start handing out punishments.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
FIFA just need to change the rules regarding youth players. I do not think they should be allowed to leave their training club unless that club decides to release them with adequate compensation, or until they have signed their first professional contract, and then they should be subject to a normal transfer.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
That is what im trying to say Ch3tan.

Itsd not fair clubs pay a fortune to train the kiddies up, just for some uber team can walk in and get them or nothing, due to the rulings.,

It isnt exactly what Chelsea have done granted, but its still a shitty situation.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yep we all only going by snippets atm so the truth could be completly different. Tbh tho i just think chelsea are scapegoats same as eduardo was and if thats the case man united and liverppol and co should worry ebcause platini and co have warned just a week or so ago that teams with big debts are on the hit list and this last week has shown fifa/uefa are ready and willing to start handing out punishments.

Again, you need to look at the whole story. Platini's plan is to force clubs to live within their means, effectively stopping them spending more than their income and racking up unsustainable debts. In United's case the debt is huge but in context it is only 3 years revenue so it is sustainable even in the current economic downturn. Also our wages to income ratio is very healthy, the same cannot be said for Chelsea or City who are living far beyond their means in that department.

In short United are fine, our large capacity stadium and massive worldwide fanbase secures our future and our wage bill is very well controlled.

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
The first two people trying to take the piss you failed, where i won.

tierk

Part of the furniture
........... it is only 3 years revenue so it is sustainable even in the current economic downturn........

LOL 600 MILLION IN THE HOLE HOW YOU FIGURE 3 YRS?

MAN U MADE 50 ODD MILLION PROFIT LAST YEAR OF WHICH 60 ODD MILLION NEEDS TO BE PAID ON INTEREST PAYMENTS SO PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW YOU GET THIS MAGIC 3 YRS FIGURE FROM.

Man. Utd. profits shoot up by 93 percent - CNN.com

FOR SOME BASIC FIGURES FOLLOW THE LINK.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Holy shouting man batman!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He said revenue tierk, not profit. He should have said turnover to avoid mis-interpretation. However last I checked Chelsea were also fine in terms of being able to manage their debt.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Chelsea is a weird situation because part of romans deal was to write off all debt we owed and owe so in theory we are debt free, in reality we just owe it to roman instead and aslong as he stays we classed as debt free, soon as he leaves tho we will suddenly find a situation where our wages far outweigh our profits and then we in big trouble unless another billionaire took over and offered similiar style setup.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
LOL 600 MILLION IN THE HOLE HOW YOU FIGURE 3 YRS?

MAN U MADE 50 ODD MILLION PROFIT LAST YEAR OF WHICH 60 ODD MILLION NEEDS TO BE PAID ON INTEREST PAYMENTS SO PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW YOU GET THIS MAGIC 3 YRS FIGURE FROM.

Man. Utd. profits shoot up by 93 percent - CNN.com

FOR SOME BASIC FIGURES FOLLOW THE LINK.

Calm down, caps ain't required and as I made clear, United's revenues are in excess of £200 million a year and growing at a rate of 5-10% per annum. The debt is sustainable as we can manage the interest payments with ease and still turn a £50 million profit.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea is a weird situation because part of romans deal was to write off all debt we owed and owe so in theory we are debt free, in reality we just owe it to roman instead and aslong as he stays we classed as debt free, soon as he leaves tho we will suddenly find a situation where our wages far outweigh our profits and then we in big trouble unless another billionaire took over and offered similiar style setup.

Yeah that is the axe that is hanging over your head, the debt still exists and now you need to hope that he is true to his word.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah that is the axe that is hanging over your head, the debt still exists and now you need to hope that he is true to his word.
He's already wrote off half the debt though, i think its around 300m now instead of 600ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom