Cheeky sods

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They have other people's flicker photos on there, looks like they just trawled flickr for images named after the laptop?

as for crediting you; the image loads your flickr page, so they are hardly claiming it as their own.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
They are leeching from another website which is a bit rude really...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I don't understand why people get upset about this; its the internet, like computers connected to each other? If you don't want people to see it, don't put it on Flickr, which is after all a site for sharing photos. As Ch3t says, clicking through shows the owner anyway.

NB. I think they've taken it down; the second image goes to some Swedish bloke's Flickr acocunt.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yes they've changed it. I don't really have a problem with other people linking to my images, but when the site is using copyrighted images to improve its site or sell products, ignoring the terms of the licensing on those images, then they're ripe for piss-taking - especially when their terms and conditions strictly forbid anyone else doing similar things with their content.

The very least they could have done is asked for permission, I'd have changed the licence to allow it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, i agree with "it's cool if it's non profit".

But if intel started using my photoshop work, i'd be mighty irked about it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't understand why people get upset about this; its the internet, like computers connected to each other? If you don't want people to see it, don't put it on Flickr, which is after all a site for sharing photos. As Ch3t says, clicking through shows the owner anyway.

That's all fine and dandy but if its copyrighted then the photographer has rights to the property and they need to seek permission to use it, why do you think organisations exist that supply photos for money? Getty and such.

Viewing a photo on Flickr and using it to help sell something are two very different things.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The copyright was fairly clear on the page, was a bit stupid to just use and leech it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Quite right Tom, stick it to them.

I don't mind people pimping my pictures, but if someone wanted to use them for commercial or advertising purposes and did so without permission, I'd throw the book at them.

At least this didn't happen to you Tom :) :

Family snap ends up in Czech advert | Metro.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom