check THIS out

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
Lots of nice changes here, only downside for me is the MOC+SOI nerf.
SOI + MOC nerf in solo fights dont bother me all that much though.

However, that does have its drawbacks even in groups.

Today when I get a charge tank on me I usually pop SOI+MOC so I
can continue to mess, root and interrupt even when someone is
hitting me, with this change I will have the choice of either surviving (SOI)
or popping MOC and dieing.
(unless I start LTing someone but then again, that only interrupts one enemy)

If you ask me this will in turn make alb CC easier to shut down and lessen
the effectiveness of alb groups since sorcs dont have any insta
amnesia etc. and therefore cannot CC if forced to use SOI.

Am I the only one to see this scenario?

This was not intended. Sorceror shouldn't be immune to melee dmg and cast away happily.

I being a warrior was lucky, I just used testudo whenever I met a sorc 1 on 1 and after he blasted SOI + MOC. Wheeeeee 13-14 dmg on me. Then after the stuff expired, I shown the sorcs their inners. The other meleers weren't so lucky regarding abilities though so this nerf was needed.

SOI is still a very powerful Free ability, you just can't go "omg lol I cc your entire group with 3 tanks hitting me and without bg".

You still got the superior range on mez and you can still moc. Just you won't wear plate armor*100 while doing so.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
god bless the rr5+moclifetap nerf on sorcs :D

lots a goodies, that grp dmg add should have been implemented years ago but it should b a warden grp buff for hib and baseline on alb as the single target ;\ putting it on enchantment/earth specs sounds.. smart! :p~

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
vintervargen said:
- We have decreased the speed bonuses for the following spell lines:

Sorcerer - Amplify Movement
Healer – Ease of Movement

yes yes yes xDDD

With the secondary "caster" speed adjustment in 1.75, the highest caster speed, when used in combination with sprint, was faster than the highest Bard, Skald, or Minstrel speed. We did not intend for secondary speed users to be able to exceed the values received from primary speed users, so we are changing secondary caster speed values to compensate for primary speed values. Note that these values are still higher than the values before v1.75.

So, its actually still a boost compared to what we have now.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
This was not intended. Sorceror shouldn't be immune to melee dmg and cast away happily.

I being a warrior was lucky, I just used testudo whenever I met a sorc 1 on 1 and after he blasted SOI + MOC. Wheeeeee 13-14 dmg on me. Then after the stuff expired, I shown the sorcs their inners. The other meleers weren't so lucky regarding abilities though so this nerf was needed.

SOI is still a very powerful Free ability, you just can't go "omg lol I cc your entire group with 3 tanks hitting me and without bg".

You still got the superior range on mez and you can still moc. Just you won't wear plate armor*100 while doing so.

That is true, but the problem is still that this makes it wery easy to shut down
the CC in an alb grp. Just go for the Sorc, either he survives with SOI
or he pops MOC and dies unless he starts LTing which is quite useless
if your goal is to CC the enemy.

I dont know about the rest of you but I often pop both SOI and MOC in
grp fights to try and survive while still interrupting the enemy grp.
I dont have instas like the other CC classes and Im also wearing cloth
unlike the other realms CC classes, hence the sorc was given SOI to survive
and still be able to CC. But as it stands after this patch I will have to choose
between survival and CC.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
80% cc reduction +resists is a fucking joke. Combined with charge3 it is just plain sad. People coming up with this shit really have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

good thing about the sorc nerf though. I'm sure some of today's best! :rolleyes: sorcerers will be in for a decline in weekly realmpoints soon. This adds some skill to the class again.

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:

Yes, but tanks SHOULD be immune to CC eh :D

kivik

Part of the furniture
- The dark depths of the North Sea have grown extremely dangerous as an ancient terror begins to stir.

scary :mad:

gunmannnnn

Fledgling Freddie
Originally Posted by IMPORTANT
- Durability loss has now been removed from artifacts. Once repaired at a smith, all artifacts will be reset to full durability and will no longer lose durability.
nice :clap: gogo goa :worthy:

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Acrantophis said:
One time cost? some of the items on that image has 100% durability, hence it should cost the same once again?

For instance, Scalars on 100%dur, 95%condition and the cost was 924g to repair?

Seems like your a US player though so you have perhaps already tried it on pendragon? if so please post pics of what the costs are after the "initial" repair.

-Acran.

I nicked the picture from a similar thread on VN boards.

Other than that i think Garbannoch is right, it's the durability repair that probably costs this much and once it's at 100 it stays 100.. (+hidden durability) after that you only pay for con repairs...not sure what that will come to but probably higher also.

What i would like to know is if crafters can repair artifacts in 1.76 too.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Seriously though, the Det thing is good news, though detirmination still wont be as effective as OF with the duration bonus on most CC classes templates, but its still a good improvement.
Pre-TOA, you mean? Duration bonus was accessible in Old Frontiers too. ;) And I don't think many CCers have the capability to add much duration bonus to their templates, it's enough of a struggle to cap range, cast speed, dexterity and all the other must-haves that have a much higher priority than duration. ;)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
With new detarmination and stoicism I can't understand the need for charge now.
Especially with the charge 3 timer!

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
- The dark depths of the North Sea have grown extremely dangerous as an ancient terror begins to stir.

That should be interesting, i've often thought there should be some good mob camps and some sort of universal Epic mob (like Neptune for example) in the middle of the ocean to encourage some deep under water conflicts.

And the whine threads will be great when zergs get wiped from RvR trying to do the epic mob :flame:

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Pre-TOA, you mean? Duration bonus was accessible in Old Frontiers too. ;) And I don't think many CCers have the capability to add much duration bonus to their templates, it's enough of a struggle to cap range, cast speed, dexterity and all the other must-haves that have a much higher priority than duration. ;)

Its not easy, I only have 10% in my template :(

And if I am going to face Det5, Stoicism and Charge 3,
well, lets just say my life as a CCer will get alot harder...

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Docs said:
Its not easy, I only have 10% in my template :(

And if I am going to face Det5, Stoicism and Charge 3,
well, lets just say my life as a CCer will get alot harder...

According to the l33t hibbies and middies this is only fair as they sometimes get mezzed first...
Infact, Sorcs are so uber, about 2 mids even switched to Albion to play sorc! Yes, that was sarcasm :)
Regards, Glottis

PS. Patch sounds great to be honest.

Voedockx

Loyal Freddie
kinda bullox not being able to use the 2 realmabilities togetter, it might be a tid overpowered but I don't like it when they start making exceptions, could make it standard though, not being able having 2 ras running at the same time e.g healers not being able to bof and di at the same time / tanks not being able to IP when charge is up etc...

Anyway nice they fixed the SOI bug, no more interrupted msges!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom