Cheaters

M

Madlew

I was on the Preview server last night andd some guy was cheating like hell.

When I first joined I thought he was an excellent player, I keep on seeing that he wsa goin around stabbing the enemy.

But after about 20 knife kills in a row I started wonder what he was doing.

Everyone else started to call him a cheater.

I then switched to that side he was playing on, VC, and killed myself so I could follow him while waiting to spawn.

I couldn't believe my eyes! I was running around underneith the floor and stabbing people from under them. WTF?

I then saw him steal the flag, run through objects, and when he got to the VC flag he jumbed up through the floor, scored, and was about 5 men high up in the air.

I have a screen shot to prove this as well.

I thought cheating had been stopped in this game with the release of the new patch.

T

throdgrain

Ive heard of this but not seen it . Cant see why people would bother tbh :(

B

bigfoot

As you will see The Slug has been appointed Head GM for this game and he will be looking to recruit some GM's to help him in this role, including policing the Preview Server, hopefully we can get on top of this soon.

T

throdgrain

Last night that server was 999, I asked Bazerka to re-start it which he kindly did.
Unfortunately someone got in quite early and voted himself a 90 map of Halong Port, (quite a laggy map in case you're not familiar) and also made it ATG -ie round based Counter-Strike style, instead of the regular CTF - meaning that once 18 odd people were on it there was no way of changing it back, as some people wont vote, and with a couple of AFK's on either side each round was taking forever and people were leaving in droves .
That has to be a shame as VC suffers from an enormous lack of servers, and the preview server is mostly always full.
As I said to Bigfoot early in irc, I would be happy to help admin the preview server, Theslug give me a shout if you need some help.
Please bear in mind Im also the DoD Liason (sorry head gm :) )and a cs admin, but I imagine Id still get on the server quite a few times a week, and may be some help :)

S

Slug

dont worry guys, i have been given moderating access to the preview server and i will be on there most nights.

anyone who catches cheating etc... let me know.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Take no prisoners Slug :D

I saw a couple of guys exploiting whats probably a small flaw. Camped in the house at Halong Port firing remingtons outside through the wall, they got a lot of kills there. Never seen the knife one tho but if people have to cheat they really shouldn't bother playing.

BTW: what are the BW IP's plz

Rigon-Noir-

S

Slug

BarryServer - |GanG| serveur 1
213.221.175.228:5425

BarryServer - |GanG| serveur 2
213.221.175.98:5425

these are the two servers I know of for barrysworld.

T

throdgrain

Those servers are privately rented , you don't have admin on there slug :)
The barrysworld preview server is where you need to be (saw you on there the other night btw :) )or on the subbed server, which is still hiding from ase atm - Bazerka take note please :D

R

Rigon-Noir-

OK Throd, so whats the IP for that one then?

Rigon-Noir-

Users who are viewing this thread