Cheat? omg plz? kthx

T

TheGap

Be Honest

Ok how many of us would *really* have logged straight out if we'd found ourselves lvl 103??

I say cut the guy some slack, sure he fucked up. But I doubt if many of us would have acted *that* differently.

Sure he shouldn't have let himself be farmed, but most of us would have suicided to our m8s at least once just to see what happened. Then you find that your m8s gets millions of RPs every time you die. Man that's tempting.

F

Fafnir

Re: Be Honest

Originally posted by TheGap
Ok how many of us would *really* have logged straight out if we'd found ourselves lvl 103??

I say cut the guy some slack, sure he fucked up. But I doubt if many of us would have acted *that* differently.

Sure he shouldn't have let himself be farmed, but most of us would have suicided to our m8s at least once just to see what happened. Then you find that your m8s gets millions of RPs every time you die. Man that's tempting.

To me its pretty obvoius what would happen. But i would not guess that amount of xp, and that amount of cash. I might have runned to the mid dragon or tried legion or behemot. But would have tried to stay out of other players way.

J

Jood

I think most of use for sure would have tried to stay out of others people's way just so we could have enuff time to play with the big mobs :)

But in all honesty i doubt there are many of any people who would have not taked advantage to some degree. What daoc enthusiast would turn down the chance to play a lvl103 char for a little while.

5hrs tho farming i doubt many would have gone for that.

M

mirana

I am in the guild of this poor guy, so I hope I can help to get rid of some misconceptions...

- He didn't do anything and didn't try out some "stupid things". He just logged in and was Lvl 103.
- He didn't know that he was Lvl 103 but was killed 3 or 4 times (in the first minutes) before someone asked him why he conned purple to Lvl 50
- He then escaped into TNN and many players asked him if they could kill him and became angry because he didnt want to leave the city
- His Stats didn't raise. So he was Lvl 103 with the Stats and Skills of a Lvl 27
- He did not kill a Dragon, Highlord or even Legion
- There was no real advantage for him, because everything conned grey and so didn't give XP, Loot, RP, etc...

Then there are Screenshots with 65535 Mithril...
This sounds like a sort of overflow. But he definately didn't let other people farm him. (if a kill gives 141 Platinum you would have to kill him 464787 times to get this sum of Mithril... :) )

I understand that many people are angry now. And 1 free day is not enough for a reset Level 50 or Epic-Quest or 6 hours of crafting, etc....
But this guy didn't want this to happen. And I don't wish anyone that it happens to him...

So, if you want to put him (or even our whole guild) on KOS, please think of, how it would be if you were in his place...
Even if you do not believe in what I said above, after 5 Minutes he was killed the first time. And after this point a server-rollback was 100% sure...

Regards,
Mirana (Gesandte der Einherjar)

B

bone_idle

HEHEHE so all you camlann PKing eejits get stuffed up by goa ...... GOOD !!! Damn this news brought a smile to my face.

O

old.Nedowiz

Originally posted by bone_idle
HEHEHE so all you camlann PKing eejits get stuffed up by goa ...... GOOD !!! Damn this news brought a smile to my face.

Baah Bone....evil person... :( Remember doing fins with you when you closed in on 50...would you like it if I laughed at a rollback on that day? :(

A

Aussie-

blablabla he should have blabla
and dont talk about "the germans" if it's only 1 guy.

N

Novamir

killing behemoth would own, i'd have tried that asap :D

S

Sabu

Btw Goa makes me laugh giving us a free day. Prolly when SWG goes out Goa will eat that day and learn something.

O

old.Zhildrua

Originally posted by K0nah
its a german, say no more ;(

Hm, and what about the english, french, swedish, norwegian, whatever players from the uber guilds who camped him and killed him several times - after they know that it's a bugged char?

V

.vash

try to imagine what price you would have to pay if you want to buy back a constitution point at level 103 ... hrhr, i never want to reach a level higher than 50, 45 gold per death is enough already :)

S

Sentinel

He had to pay 47 P for each con point ^^

Sentinel

O

old.Leel

Bah, this sucks, I don't care about the payment, I care about the time invested during that day. The least they could do would be to compensate with exp I think. I suddenly feel an urge to go back to excal again too, just can't be arsed to do the same things I did yesterday all over again, not now anyway.
And I don't blame the guy either for not logging immediately. How could he understant the major implications. Or how about the people that killed him. The responsibility is just as much theirs.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by K0nah
its a german, say no more ;(

This has nothing to be with him being German, French or British, you fucking racist, shitheaded fuckweasle...

kr0n amongst droves of other UK players has abused bugs, even hacked an account.

Racist cuntspack...

C

Conan@4Players

Hallo Guys,

as someone from here has posted on our board I'd like to give you a short abstract of what the users have written.

First of all: the user himself said that he didn't realize he was Lv. 100+ until he has been killed at least twice.

He didn't (!) go anywhere except for TNN where he was insulted for not letting himself getting killed.

He said that he tried to resolve his situation but didn't succeed.

The only people to blame in this case aren't GOA or him (nor his Guild) but those who used the bug and have killed him to earn undeserved RP.

The rollback was the only possible chance to take away these RP from those players.

I'm sorry for all the things you lost (Xp, Gold, etc.) - but it's no reason to start any kind of a witch hunt.

Everyone who has used this bug to obtain flukey RPs did this by bug-using - nobody wants that, don't we?

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by mirana
I am in the guild of this poor guy, so I hope I can help to get rid of some misconceptions...

- He didn't do anything and didn't try out some "stupid things". He just logged in and was Lvl 103.
- He didn't know that he was Lvl 103 but was killed 3 or 4 times (in the first minutes) before someone asked him why he conned purple to Lvl 50
- He then escaped into TNN and many players asked him if they could kill him and became angry because he didnt want to leave the city
- His Stats didn't raise. So he was Lvl 103 with the Stats and Skills of a Lvl 27
- He did not kill a Dragon, Highlord or even Legion
- There was no real advantage for him, because everything conned grey and so didn't give XP, Loot, RP, etc...

Then there are Screenshots with 65535 Mithril...
This sounds like a sort of overflow. But he definately didn't let other people farm him. (if a kill gives 141 Platinum you would have to kill him 464787 times to get this sum of Mithril... :) )

I understand that many people are angry now. And 1 free day is not enough for a reset Level 50 or Epic-Quest or 6 hours of crafting, etc....
But this guy didn't want this to happen. And I don't wish anyone that it happens to him...

So, if you want to put him (or even our whole guild) on KOS, please think of, how it would be if you were in his place...
Even if you do not believe in what I said above, after 5 Minutes he was killed the first time. And after this point a server-rollback was 100% sure...

Regards,
Mirana (Gesandte der Einherjar)

I think that post should put an end to the blame-game that is going on folks.

C

Carnalito

Now this is some funny shit :)

If i had been lvl 103 i would have gone on a serious ganking spree

N

Novamir

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

This has nothing to be with him being German, French or British, you fucking racist, shitheaded fuckweasle...

kr0n amongst droves of other UK players has abused bugs, even hacked an account.

Racist cuntspack...

the amount of foul words that come out of your mouth is quite impressive. here's a tip: never come across as more of an idiot than the person you're insulting.

O

old.Cruel Heart

Originally posted by Novamir

the amount of foul words that come out of your mouth is quite impressive. here's a tip: never come across as more of an idiot than the person you're insulting.

Its not possible in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom