Help Cheapest Unlocked Galaxy S3 ???

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Basically old phone died a horrible death and need a new smartphone pronto, had a look at the new Xperia but wasn't too impressed and im guessing the S3 is a better phone than the HTC One X/V/S ?

Would amazon be my best bet ?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got one new from eBay for £350.

It is registered as an African model though but that can be changed.

Alternatively smartfonestore sells class A 2nd hand ones for about £300 now.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
£300 on Gumtree.

But I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand smartphone from any of these dodgy modern day "classified ads" sites.

Spend the extra and go with Amazon. But thats just me.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The amazon price is very good, make sure it's from them and not a trader though.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Its about £20 cheaper on Amazon.de, but by the time you add postage, probably not worth it. You might be a few quid in front.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
yes it is :p

better materials, better size, almost as fast, almost as clear picture.
The S II just feels a more solid product.

- Yes I've had both, gave the S3 away - reunited with my SII

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Olgaline said:
yes it is :p

better materials, better size, almost as fast, almost as clear picture.
The S II just feels a more solid product.

- Yes I've had both, gave the S3 away - reunited with my SII

:nuts:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm actually really happy with my S2. There isn't any other phone out there right now I'd want. Think I'll hold out for some quad core monster from HTC with HD screen and uber battery. Maybe summer next year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got an S2. It phones people. I can also text from it! It therefore fulfils all the requirements I have of a phone.

The fact that I can browse the web whilst on the shitter, take photos whilst up a mountain, plugs nicely into my stereo as an ad-hoc music player and tracks my bike rides using Endomondo is purely secondary - and I'm pretty sure I don't need a quad-core monster for that.

I can see zero reason to upgrade phones until they're too broken to live with. The N95 was my last phone and I had that for years...

In fact, I think I've only had four different mobile phones since 1999 :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
dysfunction, Zenith Chet & Chil.

Go stand in some Apple relese que please, and hurry!! - you might missout on the new icrap. :-P
I stand by my statement. The SII is easily the best and most practical / sencible phone
since the N95. but then I never suffered from New-shiny-syndrom ;-)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why wouldn't you?

Because by the time I've had the phone for a while I'm able to operate it quickly without looking at it - and getting a new one means a small learning curve just to do the thing I'm already doing quickly and efficiently.

Of course, now all phones are fekking touch-screen you can't find the buttons with your thumb for 120mph motorway-text action ;)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Olgaline said:
dysfunction, Zenith Chet & Chil.

Go stand in some Apple relese que please, and hurry!! - you might missout on the new icrap. :-P
I stand by my statement. The SII is easily the best and most practical / sencible phone
since the N95. but then I never suffered from New-shiny-syndrom ;-)

No thanks!!

I'm extremely pleased with my S3 and find it much better than the S2 I had previously!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I had the SE W950i for 5 years before I got my S2. Legendary phone, that was. I've no burning desire to upgrade again, the S2 does everything I want and lots lots more(!)

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Scouse said:
What do you do with it that you couldn't with your S2?

Use Google now as it's a jelly bean limitation but the S2 is getting the jelly bean upgrade next month I believe.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Who really gives a tuppenyfuck though? Regardless of the phone you end up just using it for calls/texts after a few weeks anyway.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Personally im not too bothered but i had put off getting a new generation phone for over a year anyway so may aswell get something decent.

Good camera and ability to web browse are as important to me as calls/textx.

Found this in a drawer at home and using it as a rep, it has snake 2 :p

Also would rather spend €300 max tbh

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Who really gives a tuppenyfuck though? Regardless of the phone you end up just using it for calls/texts after a few weeks anyway.
I use my "phone" for calls, texts, Gtalk, browsing, Gmaps, checking and replying to emails, reading manual PDFs, updating my stock returns, reading ebooks and occasionally playing a game. Everyday.
GS3 strikes the right balance for me between being small enough to carry around but with a screen big enough to read without squinting. I've had it since the day it came out and still use it for many of those functions everyday.

Ono

Part of the furniture
avforums.com trading section
Yup. Chets and I both got ours on there. We were competing for a few of them at one stage. ;)

As long as you make sure you pick a seller with history and feedback you'll be OK. Price is around £310-320 now on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom