Cheap office chairs

Kryten

Old Cow.
I normally recommend decent products to people but this time a warning.
If you're after a cheap office chair please avoid all the eBuyer value range, they wont admit it and they refuse my reviews, but they're all unsafe for normal use and pose a danger to the users. I'm currently having a fight with them over mine and 2 others that local friends have bought (mine is a standard 30 quid cheapo chair, the other two are fake leather versions same price). They're very sub-par quality and I'll be trying to make sure very few people make the same mistake.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Had 4 people buy them, myself being one - the frame isn't sufficient to hold weight in an even manner. The back of the chair is held on only with a tacky plastic hinge which doesn't take the weight of even a child leaning back on it whilst correctly sat on the chair. There is too much of an overhang at the front of the chair which also makes it very unstable.
The above issues arised during use by a 10 stone fairly short male, which I was thankful to find out as I thought it was just me being a fat bastard ;)
Still keeping mine though, as I can fabricate a couple of brackets to do the job properly.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Bit off-topic...ish :)

I'd also suggest avoiding desk chairs with very hard elbow rests if you're quite thin. My dad being a computer techie spent quite a while in one particular chair which over time caused nerve damage and he thus had to have surgery to fix it as it was impairing use of one of his arms...

He still has problems with his arm some 10 years later so I avoid those types of arm rest like the plague.

I say if you're quite thin as I'd assume more fat = more cushion anyway :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom