Cheap-ish place to rent a Dedicated server?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone got any recommendations on a site to rent a dedicated server from with at least 2 GB ram, dual core and a decent connection? for less than £35-45 a month..

At the moment I'm renting from Leaseweb for £55 a month but I'm sure there is a better deal somewhere, so anyone know? :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
What is up your arse today Raven? I'm just looking for recommendations really, I have heard a lot of horror stories sadly :/

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, sorry.

PM Chosen, he has a server afaik.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, that site looks a lot cheaper than Leaseweb, thanks !

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Err nevermind :/ I need Windows server edition for what I'm doing and that website charges an extra 25 euros a month it seems for that...? :S

Those Setup Fees HAVE to be a joke too...

Chosen

Resident Freddy

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Btw, if you are looking for nothing more then 2GB ram I would recommend a VPN. Seeing that they are a lot cheaper, and practically have the same function.

http://www.server4you.com/vserver/

Here the 6 months are free now it seems, so quite a good deal. And for 59USD a month you can get these specs:
  • 10,000 MHz Prozessor-Power
  • 100,000 MB Webspace (RAID5)
  • 5,120 MB DDR-RAM / 10,240 MB FlexRAM
  • 8,000 GB Traffic/month
  • 1 fixed IP included
  • PremiumBackup for all data
  • PremiumFirewall / Stateful Firewall Matching
  • VPN Support over TUN/TAP

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers ! server4you VPS looks perfect yeah, but I really need Windows.. and they don't seem to come with it..

Kimsufi look 100% perfect, I'm really not sure how their prices are so low though? must be a catch somewhere ! and unlimited traffic ?!?!? ummm

Edit: ahh it's not really unlimited, but 5TB is more than enough :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's unlimited but if you go over a certain bandwidth you're throttled (think it's at the bottom of the page).

My personal website is hosted with OVH if you're curious about speeds just load it up.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Cheers ! server4you VPS looks perfect yeah, but I really need Windows.. and they don't seem to come with it..

Kimsufi look 100% perfect, I'm really not sure how their prices are so low though? must be a catch somewhere ! and unlimited traffic ?!?!? ummm

You can indeed choose windows on it. Same way you order is through the site where MYstIC posted(Nomatter where you want windows it costs extra tho).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
And the VPN server is free for the first 6 months, which means you only have to pay the small sum to install windows 2008 on it.(I presume you want it for the remote desktop access).

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
You can indeed choose windows on it. Same way you order is through the site where MYstIC posted(Nomatter where you want windows it costs extra tho).

Ah.. hmm... http://www.server4you.com/vserver/vserver-details.php?products=1 on there it says
Operating System CentOS, Debian, openSUSE ..
.. maybe I am missing something?

And yeah I need Windows because this Game Server software only works with Windows really, a *lot* of hassle to get it working with anything else.. :/

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Hmm, you might be right. As it says on the dedicated ones that you can have windows! But you should send a mail to them tho, because 6 months of free use will only benefit you =)

Anyway, what kind of gameserver are you going to host?

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I'll send an email I guess yeah..

It's a DAoC server :) don't really need more than 2GB ram and dual core really.. I suppose I could find other things to host though..

Chosen

Resident Freddy
If you want, I can let you host in on my own dedicated server. It has these specs;

• AMD Athlon™ II Quad-Core
  • 16 GB DDR3-RAM
  • 2x 1,500 GB SATA II-HDD
and 100mbit both ways.

Atm, only using it for Minecraft anyway.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I don't need it till mid/end of January :) I'll PM you if I need it :)

Why have you got such a good host just for a Minecraft server anyways? :p was you using it for something else as well ? o_O

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I don't need it till mid/end of January :) I'll PM you if I need it :)

Why have you got such a good host just for a Minecraft server anyways? :p was you using it for something else as well ? o_O

Only for fun really :p When I first was going to get a dedicated server, I might just get a good one. Hehe, but it is true that it is quite the overkill for Minecraft :p

Killswitch

FH is my second home

You might be surprised. I work for a pretty small AV company and we've recently brought our download servers in-house (from Cachefly, who are all kinds of poor) and we're serving 1.5PB (yes, PB) a month :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom