Chatgroups and thier usage

Dukat

Resident Freddy
am i wrong or are Chatgroups like hte emain cg made so that players can report positions to other players and co-ordinate thier efforts?

(i will put explanations in brakets for the words some ppl may have trouble with :m00: )

having just come from a CG where someone (not naming any names, not that i need to) was pretty much spamming (thats spam as in information that no one wants to hear and that ppl dont want to see in a CG of this kind) the chatgroup with moans (moaning as in talking about a problem over and over in a way that will not solve anything) about zerging (apparently this means any more than 1 or 2 fg, though it is arguable). to be honest i expected better of the person in question, and was rather annoyed that they where doing this, and was further annoyed that they insulted a fellow albion guild acusing them of being 'n00bs' (or somthing to the effect).

please can we get this straight once and for all? are public Chatgroups like the emain CG put there for intelligence on enemy movements and to co-ordinate attacks on the enemy? or are they for ppl to spam up the chat group with various moans about a problem that is not likely to go away.

various other members of hte chat group told the person who was spamming that they thought the moans where not for this cg, most of them where polite, i must admit mine was probably considered 'impolite' but i was as inoffencive as i could be given the situation (running round waiting to get hit by a ig ugli troll :( )

and please dont close this thread, it is not a personal attack, just a discussion on how ppl think an emain cg should be used and how imo it is not meant for whiners.

stubbe

Fledgling Freddie
public chat groups are the devil, the participants should be burned alive, as was common in the old days when dealing with the devils minions.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Killing albs is like robbing a bank. If you take more then 2 minutes doing it, you get busted.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
cougar said:
Killing albs is like robbing a bank. If you take more then 2 minutes doing it, you get busted.

lol

no seriously ppl, isnt that what a cg is for? reporting movements etc?
/s, /gu and /send is for having a rant, not /c... or am i wrong?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Due to the over amount of spam in a chatgroup, and alot of people in it (Emain chatgroup 178 members anyone?) you're bound to get people in it who dont fit your playing-style.

More then once I quit a chatgroup because there was so much spam in it I couldnt even properly read /gu or /g if I put them on the same 'chat-window'.

Chat: 3 stealthers at MTK!
Chat: Also 1 near graveyeard
Chat: 1fg Mids leaving MTK
Chat: Anyone got a rambeak so I can get ram up on the keep left of AMG

etc etc etc.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Puppet said:
Due to the over amount of spam in a chatgroup, and alot of people in it (Emain chatgroup 178 members anyone?) you're bound to get people in it who dont fit your playing-style.

More then once I quit a chatgroup because there was so much spam in it I couldnt even properly read /gu or /g if I put them on the same 'chat-window'.

Chat: 3 stealthers at MTK!
Chat: Also 1 near graveyeard
Chat: 1fg Mids leaving MTK
Chat: Anyone got a rambeak so I can get ram up on the keep left of AMG

etc etc etc.

yea i agree, but what i am saying is, are CG's for maoning whining and spamming or reporting enemies/battles?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
bah who was i kidding, i thought i might get a honest and/or slightly decent response as well :m00:

<walks back to eOT>

tilde

One of Freddy's beloved
think we should having FoM as moderators of every cg in mid tbh

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
cgs are pure entertainment
always someone who says something hilarious
quote from a few days agoo:
random alb: who can do a TS at amg?
jimmythepost: me

etc
its also very handy to get an idea of where most grps are located
and when/where you can expect inc
but most importantly so you know wich places to avoid
not everyone uses radar afterall

i dont mind if wardens use the cg to cfh to each other
aint fun getting pwned by high RR gank grps all teh time
however when high RR gank grps abuse cg to add or cfh theres something wrong imho

Tilda

imho cg's are for feeding info if you wipe.
If you'r full group is fighting mids and acctually killing some, there is no need whatsoever to report where you fight is in the cg. All this does is make you get adds and get less RPs.
Sure, use cg's to co-ordiante keep takeing/defense, but theres no point "coordinating" the movement of fellow albs. All that co-ordination effort leads to is zerging.
People make the excuse that mids/hibs always zerg, and use that as an excuse to start the zerging in the morning. However if those people thought a little, perhaps if they didn't start the zerging in the morning (whatever their excuse is) then mids/hibs and consequentially albs wouldn't end up zerging for the rest of the day.

Tilda

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Only 1 person in the group needs to be in cg imo - its too distracting for all to be in - shouldn't be leader either - preferably a tank or someone who doesn't have much to do until battle commences

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
[chat] "1fg mids tower"
[chat] "ok, meet at amg and go together kill them"
( 3fg meeting up at amg )
[chat] "MOVE OUT !!111"

It is in this cg the problems lay.
Im only in it for a laugh, and to screen all the funny comments.

Why do you need even to report the enemy movement,
what ive experienced so far, is that:

mids dont use cg at all, incase of odins defenceforce.
albs cant play without one.
hibs dont like to use one, so they use alliancechat instead.

but it is albion, so................

LONG LIVE KING ARTHUR

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Tilda said:
If you'r full group is fighting mids and acctually killing some, there is no need whatsoever to report where you fight is in the cg. All this does is make you get adds and get less RPs.
Sure, use cg's to co-ordiante keep takeing/defense, but theres no point "coordinating" the movement of fellow albs. All that co-ordination effort leads to is zerging.

i agree, but wouldnt you say that thing like giving false information and insulting guilds, and especially moaning to the remainder of the CG, it would be better to either A. give (accurate) information or B. not say anything at all

if you read the original post i was not saying that ppl had to report, just that they shouldnt moan, spam and flame in there.

and tbh if 1fg alb - hib where fighting and another fgh comes, the adding fgh wont exactly sit there and watch will they? even if the original hibs where winning.

i saw it today, was running thru amg, got lag spikes, lost stick and all of a sudden i got jumped by around a fgm, my grp was a fair way away and had to turn back, a fight ensued, the mids where winning when a smaller grp of mids came and added, im not saying this is wrong, im just saying that other realms do it to, the idea that albs are the only realm that do it is childish pathetic and also a tad 'realmist' just because some one is an alb, it doesnt mean they will zerg. i know i will get half a dozen smart arses doing :

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dukat said:
just because some one is an alb, it doesnt mean they will zerg

HAWHAW YUS YO DO!!!111oneonetwentyfourandthreeeighths
-------------------------------------------------------------------

but tbh i expect it now, i admit i have 'zerged' b4, but its not always an option to run around in a fg of randoms getting pwned by a middie or hibbie FG of 1337 uber types. if there arent enough ppl online at that time in the morning to get a guild grp going i have to go round in a random grp and so its not unusual to run as 2fg. i dont expect ppl to respect me for it, all im doing is playing the game, all i want is a fight i stand a chance of winning in, and with 1fg random on our own it just doesnt happen enough to bother. if everyone else is in 1fg then fair enough, but if theres a really nice high RR grp of hibbies attacking and cleaning up emain, it kinda makes sense to go at em with more than 1fg, after all the hibbies try to kill us albs and us albs try to kill the hibbies, (and viceversa with mids)

and when you get someoen in the CG saying 'if everybody just shrugged when they got zerge and split up then there would be no zerg' it doesnt help beat 1-2fg (highish rr) mids, it only confuses everyone when they wanna find where to go and where not to go.

sometimes a alb zerg starts first, sometimes a mid zerg starts up first, i seriously doubt that the mids never zerg first, just as i doubt that the albs always zerg first. generalisation and much moaning about a realm doesnt help when everyone is trying to A. have fun and B. win,

sometimes why do ppl have to make solid 'rules' that no one but theirself has agreed with and then moan at anyone who breaks them, if its a GOA/mythic law that ppl should only run in 1fg teams then fair enough, but instead it seems as thought ppl support it with the addition of battlegrps etc.

if ppl dont want to zerg then they shouldnt, but please please please dont moan at everyone else in a public CG if someone else does, they pay a monthly fee to play just as everyone else does, so why shouldnt they beable to do what they want? (within reason ofc).

it seems as though the dyslexic dwarf can teach us about this too - its not big and its not cleva.

do you seriously not agree with me when i say -

"Moaning, false reports and insults are not meant for a public CG"

?
(and im not the only one who says it)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
cougar said:
b51.gif

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Tinyheals said:
mids dont use cg at all, incase of odins defenceforce.
albs cant play without one.
hibs dont like to use one, so they use alliancechat instead.

as i only play one realm i didnt know that, does it not make sense to use a cg to learn if theres 3FGm at amg before you set out tho?

and in my alliance we dont use /as for reporting etc, its for announcements and stuff, it could get confusing if u have ppl in odins and emain at the same time.

bult

Loyal Freddie
reporting less then 3FG over the CG is like saying: 1FG mids DCx ZERG THEM PEOPLE BRING AS MANY AS U CAN SO THAT THE FIGHT WILL BE TOTALLY UNEVEN!!!1

Some people seem to do anything to avoid fun and even fights.

nol

Fledgling Freddie
/cg's are whatever you want them for, there are 2 types of people in this game.

/cg user who thinks all the others who won't join the cg are l33t wankers
/cg hater who thinks all the users are no-skillz n00bs

I'm a no-skillz n00b and I lajk cg's I find them entertaining and especially useful when you want to piss off some l33t wankers ;)

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
cg's are useful for relic raids, pve raids and thats about it. All the alb emain cg does is create zergs, some stealther adding on a fg v fg fight says fg mids dc-xroads and then half of albion moves thereand zergs the fg mids and ruins the fg albs fight. The alb emain cg is the bane of this game and always has been, the day albs drop it is the day its users may decide to make a balanced grp instead of zerging around. As for flames in the cg, why not? if its users are constantly ruining those who like to roam as 1fg's fights?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
If you'r full group is fighting mids and acctually killing some, there is no need whatsoever to report where you fight is in the cg.

If you're in the middle of a fight, shouldn't you be a bit too busy to be using a cg?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
cg's are useful for relic raids, pve raids and thats about it. All the alb emain cg does is create zergs, some stealther adding on a fg v fg fight says fg mids dc-xroads and then half of albion moves thereand zergs the fg mids and ruins the fg albs fight. The alb emain cg is the bane of this game and always has been, the day albs drop it is the day its users may decide to make a balanced grp instead of zerging around. As for flames in the cg, why not? if its users are constantly ruining those who like to roam as 1fg's fights?

Sorry, but it there's a high RR group of hibs or Mids around, I want then zerged because otherwise they'll be wiping low RR groups all day and telling themselves and others how skilful they are. Zerg them and remind them what it's like being on the other side of a so-called "fair" fight. :cheers:

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Spam fortehwin.

Its EMAIN for gods sake. Zerg central. It aint a Relic Take and it DOESNT need any coordinating.
FYI i often report enemy movements, but at the end of the day, you are wasting your time. By the time you have reported them they are gone.
Relax, spam a little. Whats the worst that can happen? :cheers: :D

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
nol said:
/cg's are whatever you want them for, there are 2 types of people in this game.

/cg user who thinks all the others who won't join the cg are l33t wankers
/cg hater who thinks all the users are no-skillz n00bs

I'm a no-skillz n00b and I lajk cg's I find them entertaining and especially useful when you want to piss off some l33t wankers ;)

I love you Nol

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Gordonax said:
Sorry, but it there's a high RR group of hibs or Mids around, I want then zerged because otherwise they'll be wiping low RR groups all day and telling themselves and others how skilful they are. Zerg them and remind them what it's like being on the other side of a so-called "fair" fight. :cheers:

well thats a typical alb cg users reply tbh. Why zerg them? why not team up with another fg and kill them that way? more fun fight, more rp's for you, and the high RR grp has a decent fight also.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:

That's a very valid comparison xD

CG's are the reason for MANY people to trample anything that doesn't move away from their last known position too fast :x

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
bult said:
reporting less then 3FG over the CG is like saying: 1FG mids DCx ZERG THEM PEOPLE BRING AS MANY AS U CAN SO THAT THE FIGHT WILL BE TOTALLY UNEVEN!!!1

Some people seem to do anything to avoid fun and even fights.
I agree.

Nol you say that but you haven't see Alb cg. It's truely retarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom