Charles Lynch

Wij

I am a FH squatter
YouTube - James Randi Speaks: Charles Lynch

Anyone heard about this case ? Having read the details on a few other sites I'm not quite as outraged as some but it's still ridiculous that it would end in a long jail-term rather than a clarification of exactly how a legal activity is supposed to take place. It's not like they were skinning up biftas for 5-year-olds.

Mad :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Huh, Americans. Whattayagonna do? This kind of local v. state v. Federal shit goes on all the time; did you see the one on the Reg the other week about the teenage girls who semi-naked pics of themselves to their friends by text? Now they're threatened with ending up on the sex offenders register by some psycho governor. Said it before and I'll say it again, Land of The Free My Arse.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
Thats a joke....How can they do it? He had signed documents from the required people saying he was completely legit, if he was breaking the law, the people who gave him permission to do this should be the ones on trial surely? I don't get how this has gotten to this stage.....

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The only thing that surprises me is that people are surprised this sort of thing goes on.
It happens in the UK the same as it does in the USA.
And the big problem is that almost always the person with more money wins.
If you're fighting the Govt in court, they have MUCH deeper pockets than you.

rynnor

Rockhound
Hmm - I seem to remember something about this - wasnt the guy putting the drugs in a vending machine?

I cant find much in the way of details despite searching - is he a doctor? If not is he just some guy growing and selling marijuana - in which case even if he sells to people who have medical prescriptions he probably is breaking some laws?

I dont quite understand why the people with prescriptions didnt just get the pot from their doctors?

Its a slightly odd situation - I'd guess hes just a pothead who thought he'd sell some?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom