Character Transfers

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Hello all,

I would like to give you an update to the status of character transfers.

By now it is obvious that we have missed our "middle of the week" deadline for offering you the Free Character transfers. We have run into some issues with characters using special characters in their names and our development team is working hard to solve this issue by tomorrow.

Based on feedback we received we have added some destination servers to some of the servers that were already listed for character transfer.
Ellyrion - added Burlok as a destination server (previously only had Alarielle as destination)

Makaisson - added Alarielle as a destination server (previously only had Burlok as destination)
You will no doubt notice that we have not yet added new origin servers to the list meaning servers that had no character transfer option on our last list will still not have this option. But rest assured that we will continue to monitor the server populations and your feedback. The upcoming character transfers are just the first phase and in upcoming phases we will review the options for character transfers on a case by case basis.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
With the recent population drop its going to be people moving from Low population servers to Medium servers (or so i'd assume).

Anyone with half a brain will want to be on a High/Full populated server so they can find people to group with/fight.

My question is this Free character transfers will never be of much use if the person wants to go onto a High/Full server. Will PAID transfers have any restrictions?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I'd be (not overly) to move my characters onto a higher population server if needed, but frankly this early on I think it should be free to move about or at least get 1 character transfer gratis.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The problem with movements to High pop server (or med pop server atm ala K8P) is that if people suddenly reactivate en masse the server is at risk of big fuckup imo.

NicGOA

An update on character transfers will be up on our site momentarily.

We have been testing the character transfer system for the past few weeks and this is now almost complete. There remain a few issues which we are working with Mythic to resolve and we expect that we will be able to launch the service early next week.

We appreciate that many of you are waiting eagerly for this system and that you may be disappointed by this delay, we are sorry for this however it is important to ensure that the system is fully tested and that any problems that may affect your character or guild are properly resolved.

NicGOA

Character transfers is NOT live yet but if everything goes as planned it will go live later today (See Nic go out on a limb here).

Just to give you a heads up. Here is the guide that will be posted with the news.

Before you start

• Read this entire guide
  • Make sure you have no outstanding auctions on the Auction House (they will not be transferred)
  • Make sure you do not have items in your mail (mail in your mailbox will not be transferred)
  • Log out of the game
  • Clear your browser cache
  • Make sure you have moved or deleted characters from the opposing faction on a server that you want to move to
How does this work?
If you wish to take advantage of this service then you will need to log into your profile on the website. You will see an option for character transfer in your account management page. Click on this and you will get a list of all eligible characters and their server. Click the correct character and your choice of destination server and your character will be moved immediately. Your character will be in his or her new home within a few minutes. If you are already logged into the game with that character then you will need to log out for the change to take effect. If your character's name is already taken on the new server, you will be prompted to enter a new name during the transfer process.

Guilds
If you wish to transfer your guild as well then the process is a little more involved. The guild leader is the person who is responsible for making the move. Before you start, you should ensure that your guild vault is empty and that any cash in the guild bank has been withdrawn. The character who is the guild leader should use the command /transferguild ingame before making his own character transfer via the website. You will get a popup to confirm the command. Once you have confirmed the command, your guild will be disbanded, all members will be booted and the guild will cease to exist on your original server.

Once the guild leader has arrived on the destination server then he must start a new guild in the normal way with a full group of players (note: the original guild leader must be the leader of this group). When the new guild is formed it will have the same rank and Renown as the original guild on the old server and all the unlocks that have been earned to that point. You will also be able to choose your heraldry and your guildname again.

Please make sure that before you transfer either a character or a guild that you are positive you mean to do this, mistakes cannot be undone by our CS department after the fact so talk to your friends and your guild mates, check that you are all moving and double check to which server for those that have a choice.

NicGOA

Character Transfers are now live.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
With the recent population drop its going to be people moving from Low population servers to Medium servers (or so i'd assume).

Anyone with half a brain will want to be on a High/Full populated server so they can find people to group with/fight.

My question is this Free character transfers will never be of much use if the person wants to go onto a High/Full server. Will PAID transfers have any restrictions?

Thing is the likes of karak Izor isnt even med/med server! It was once upon a time way back at launch. Has been low/low for 90% of time .

GOA picked this server due to some random voodoo method ie;someone did a shit on some paper and they threw some twigs onto it then got a passing crazy gypsie to read the signs.

Should have taken everyone on the servers listed and MADE them all go to one server.

crutherford

Fledgling Freddie
I've been trying to get my chars transferred all evening. I've followed the instructions to the letter, tried all my chars. The website says it takes 'a matter of minutes'. I've been waiting for about 2 hours now.

Anyone finding the same? Any help would be appreciated

NicGOA

Hey crutherford,

We are aware of the delay in the transfer that is currently occurring.

Every transfer request you register on our website is stored in our system so there is no reason to keep trying to transfer your characters more then once.

The delay is currently approximately 2 hours. We advice you to not be logged in on the origin or destination server.

Please note that you will receive an email to announce the character transfer was successful when your character has arrived on its new server.

Our apologies for the delay.

crutherford

Fledgling Freddie
Ah ok,

thanks for the Info. Any way to get this on the webpage though? I'm sure I'm not the only one concerned.

NicGOA

We have kept the news post up to date.

At the bottom of the post:

WAR Europe said:
Known issues

• Due to the large number of requests on the Character Transfer service the transfer can be delayed. Please do not request for your character to be transferred more than once. This will not speed up the process. Once you have gotten the confirmation window your character is queued for transfer and the system will transfer your character as soon as possible.
  • Characters with special characters on the first letter of their name cannot be transferred. We will correct this as soon as possible.
  • When you transfer a character and have to rename it, you cannot create a new name with special characters in it. People renaming their character and wanting a special character will have to contact the CS after their transfer to ask for the renaming with the special characters. However, we’ll continue to work on fixing this issue so that the situation doesn’t last.
  • Please note that the Character Transfer History section has not been launched yet but will be live soon.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Nic,

Would I be right in guessing that we will have several rounds of transfers like the US servers?

Can you hint if there are any plans to do anything with Karak Orrud?

Cheers :)

NicGOA

Hello!

That is correct. The transfer options that are available right now are the first phase. After this phase when the impact of the transfers has become clear we will re-evaluate the populations on all servers.

I can't give you any specifics about the plans for Karak Orrud but I can tell you that the community on it feels very strongly about its server. We have been getting a lot of feedback about it.

As soon as we have made decisions about the next phase we'll let you know about them on our website.

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
Hello!

That is correct. The transfer options that are available right now are the first phase. After this phase when the impact of the transfers has become clear we will re-evaluate the populations on all servers.

I can't give you any specifics about the plans for Karak Orrud but I can tell you that the community on it feels very strongly about its server. We have been getting a lot of feedback about it.

As soon as we have made decisions about the next phase we'll let you know about them on our website.

thanks a lot :)

is there a rough timescale?

J

Jenk

Nic, will I be able to transfer my chars from Karak Dron (Core, which is dead anyway) to Eltharion (ORvR)?

I've got some chars on KD that I stopped using because of lack of pop, and re-rolled on Elth. I'd like to get that time wasted on KD back by transferring those chars. :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
omg.. i just pressed F5 to renew page, and first i read was ".....origin server..." i was like: WOOOOT!!!

1 second later.... oh damn :p

anyway bit ot i know sry:D:wub:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Transfers seem a bit aimless, is the plan to shut or cluster some servers? Otherwise players will just transfer from empty server to slightly-less empty server which doesn't really help anyone.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'd like to transfer all the Bright Wizards to another server. When are we getting this feature?

:flame:

NicGOA

thanks a lot :)

is there a rough timescale?

There is an extremely rough one. As soon as that one becomes a bit more firm we will inform you about it.

Nic, will I be able to transfer my chars from Karak Dron (Core, which is dead anyway) to Eltharion (ORvR)?

We are evaluating the impact of the first phase and will announce the second phase, and which origin and destination servers it will include, as soon as possible.

Transfers seem a bit aimless, is the plan to shut or cluster some servers?

Clustering or merging is not in the cards at the moment. But there will be further character transfers.

I'd like to transfer all the Bright Wizards to another server. When are we getting this feature?

*insert bad pun including the words 'hot topic' and 'fired' here*

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Well the transfer to Karak Izor is doing great things! The servers population has gone from low/low to ....low/low! Census mod recorded 171 players (order) (did it several times) and this was at 9pm. My comparison 8 Peaks was recording over 390 (order) at 2am.

WTG lol. You had people transfer from dead servers to another dead server that you claimed was medium because of some voodoo method you quoted ( to try showing why it was med/med when it showed low/low)

Stop messing around, let people transfer to any server and then you'll see where people want to be....busy servers with a life.

Kerig

Fledgling Freddie
GOA please make server transfers your top priority. You have far too many servers for the number of subscriptions, and the longer you procrastinate the more your customer base will bleed away. Warhammers a great game when its busy, but it sucks when its quiet.

Karak Azgul has dropped to low/low and its no longer possible to find anyone doing PQ's or any scenario other than SP, and rarely more than a dozen folks out in open RvR.
Im finding it really hard to be bothered to log in atm, as i know i will wander through zone after zone without seeing a soul.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
GOA please make server transfers your top priority. You have far too many servers for the number of subscriptions, and the longer you procrastinate the more your customer base will bleed away. Warhammers a great game when its busy, but it sucks when its quiet.

Karak Azgul has dropped to low/low and its no longer possible to find anyone doing PQ's or any scenario other than SP, and rarely more than a dozen folks out in open RvR.
Im finding it really hard to be bothered to log in atm, as i know i will wander through zone after zone without seeing a soul.

Same for Karag Orrud. These are all very wise words. You need to more and do it more quickly or people will just disappear and forget about the game. Something big needs to be done now.

Flashheart

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with the last couple of comments. I was very much looking forward to the character transfer, but having moved to Karak Izor has not improved the experience. The world seems strangely deserted and I have been waiting the last 3 nights for the reikland factory scenario to start without any luck.

I know that you have said that server mergers is not in the cards. To me mergers sound like the right action but nevertheless something has to be done.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
waiting the last 3 nights for the reikland factory scenario to start without any luck.

4 days here. Spent 5 hours one day q'ed solo just for Reikland while questing onpeak. No scenario pop - bit of a flawed premise for those of us that weren't really playing during the event as nobodys doing the scen now, hence we can't complete the event.

Nate

FH is my second home
This really isn't going fast enough imo, US are on there what? 7th round of Character Transfers now? I feel even KEP isn't a good enough population to play with currently. Would like to see this move forward with a much faster pace GOA.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
This really isn't going fast enough imo, US are on there what? 7th round of Character Transfers now? I feel even KEP isn't a good enough population to play with currently. Would like to see this move forward with a much faster pace GOA.

I beg to differ, trying to harass the back line of destro zerg yday in DW put my fps at 5 -.-

Nate

FH is my second home
You found more then 3 people? ;o The client can't handle that much usually! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom