Char copier

A

Addlcove

am I totally mistaking in seeming to remember that Mythic is able to copy characters from one server to another?

Hello,

Unfortunately it is technically not possible to do such things.
Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

was the reply I just had from GOA, requesting that my albion chars was to be gathered on one server so I could get to play midgard with SI to.

now have I been brushed off, or did Mythic forget to give GOA the char copier? ;)

A

Apathy

Erm...where would you copy it to, exactly? Camlann?

a.

A

Addlcove

I play albion on both pryd and excal, have been doing that since start of retail almost .....

O

old.Trine Aquavit

The only char copies I'm aware of are to the test server. I don't think DAOC's ever provided this service. EQ did - it cost $50 per character and you lost all items and cash.

Doubt if it'll ever be offered, to be honest as it presents problems for RvR.

A

Addlcove

bloody annoying it is, I have 4 chars on each server in albion....

C

CliffyG

The americans do it quite a lot for testing so it seems.

R

Roo Stercogburn

It would be more fun if you could copy someone else's char. I'd copy Nico's just to laugh at it :D

M

monkeynutter

why have albion on two servers out of intrest.
i got prwy albion
excal midgard
and since not great hib liker pvp hib. although must admit hibs si looks good and they do have pretty spells. the cute sheild spell of a drop of water rolling off a leaf, cute.

W

Whoodoo_RD

I fail to see why anyone would roll on 2 different servers in the same realm, how dull :(

Never has Mythic or GOA done this for normal servers tho, testing only.

M

monkeynutter

that $50 charge for moving servers is a rip off it cant be that hard to do and to lose items and gold as well after paying $50 is nice money spinner. Uo had something like it when i looked think it was a name change or something and again they wanted stupid money to change your name again a 5min job for someone.

C

crookshanks

There would be a name problem I think in doing this. When they copy chars to a test server, its chars from one server to a fresh server - hence no name conflicts. But copying from excal to prwyd day is almost assured to get two names in conflict (It seems to be getting harder and harder to get a name that hasn't already been taken these days).

Of course, doesn't stop them changing the name in the copy...

M

monkeynutter

the naming bit is a true point if someone else had already had a char there, but again it cant be that hard to change the name, by emailing the person asking for another name they want to use. if the person moving has new or old name is not going to matter when they coming from another server. if GOA are quick enough to change names they think are not acceptable, nothing to stop them chaning a name to move it to another server. not like they going to be backlogged with people asking to do this, not many people going to want to shift chars from one to another.

C

Carlos Bananos

imo they should just let us copy to gorre WITH respec like on pendragon.

on Pend everyone gets a free respec each patch.

M

monkeynutter

test server maybe, but end of day you do get respec when they make changes that effect your class. look how much hassle they get when they do that, all the gimps that screw up after the countless warnings about be careful what you do, you would just get the same hassle every time they do a patch, "i put all my points in shield" by mistake etc etc.

A

Addlcove

I rolled alb on both servers because there wasn´t enough slots on one server for me to test all the chars I wanted.

oh and they said it was impossible to copy a char, fair enough

I then asked them if they could just create a similar char on other server without equipment, just with the name and gold and was told, they don´t do that, so GOA won´t let me play mid or hib without forcing me to delete my at least 1 40+ char....

bad service imo

V

Vorcyn

Charcopier on US is there to test out the new ideas that the devs have without actually having to go through the torment of leveling up to 50 again.

Whereas our test server, ie gorre is there to test out the translations, nothing more, nothing less. Its not there to test out the next uber spec or what colour dye your bum looks big in. Its purely for making sure all the major bugs are gone before the patch goes to the main servers.

As far as i know, the US does not have the option to transfer a character from one server to the other (other than pendragon), so why should we?

Sorry to say this, but you should of thought more carefully about what you might have wanted to play in future, and kept all your high level chars (considering they are all the same realm) to one server and used the other server as a pure testing zone.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
imo they should just let us copy to gorre WITH respec like on pendragon.

on Pend everyone gets a free respec each patch.
Testers get to choose chars on Gorre, and also have the ability in most cases to go up in levels too, for the benefit of testing purposes. Gorre is a test server, and they dont copy our chars there.

Take the hint, on normal servers its not going to happen! Level a char like the rest of the population.

P

Puppetmistress

What I think sucks most that we only have 2 English-servers. I want 3, so I can play all 3 realms.

I play Albion as main and Midgard to explore that realm a bit.. But Hibernia I can't access; due to that stupid 2 server limitation.

E

Elixir

DIY!!!
Do It Yourself.

Simple.

Type /charcopy and see for yourself.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread