Chaos Rift Groups - the first easy moders?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
The only real volume of moaning I've seen on these forums has been directed at BWs and Sorcs. WEs maybe, to a much lesser extent. But I've never actually gone into a scenario and seen anyone particularly put out by the presence of these people. I'm sure there have been exceptions - like all BW groups or such, but it doesn't seem common enough to be a problem.

The same cannot be said for Chaos Rift groups on 8 Peaks. These are now spoiling every 3rd or 4th scen for me. It's not cheating, it's not exactly exploiting, it probably takes a small amount of organisation to get the right group set up, but it's definitely game-breaking.

I'd like to say this could be handled without a nerf. Nerfs are so harsh. But the only way it can work without Chaos Rift (and the Order counterpart) being nerfed is for people to not set their groups up for easy mode wins. If not, the only way to stop people using this to ruin the game is to nerf CR (prolly a drastic range nerf would work).

Why some people always need to go into a fight with a stacked deck, I do not understand. If you don't like proper competition, go shoot some fish in a barrel or something, and stop ruining WAR for others.

You might think there's something clever about scripting an IWIN setup, but then throwing their own shite probably seems clever to monkeys.

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Well, not any other things magus can do i think, or not much more with the spells they got atm tbh, its still annoying but... anyways its getting "fixed" soon, and hope they get other tools to make the class playable.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Smile, its being nerfed. And btw, I agree that the suck-in abilities are too strong.

...and also agree, until next patch there's very little else a Magus can bring to the party. Happily they are not nerfing my preferred weapon of choice.

Muhahahahaha(TM)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Just stay out of T4 RvR until it gets fixed, or signal your dislike by canceling the sub until it gets fixed.
Unfortunately - we don't know how long until 1.0.5 fixes this problem.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
1.0.5 goes live next thursday in US (fri in Europe) and 1.1 will follow 2 weeks later bringing the KoTBS and whatever destruction get, which will be formerly known as 1.1

Gahn

Resident Freddy
We roll setup groups, so we can listen to whine like this :).

It made my day.

In any "social dawinism game", there are the elitest and the loosers. Those who adjust, and those... who nature should take out.

It seems you forgot to add that you fall in the last category :kissit:

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved

It made my day.

In any "social dawinism game", there are the elitest and the loosers. Those who adjust, and those... who nature should take out.

I got an infraction cause i called him a cock, yet post after post he proves this to be the case :D

BTW didnt you say several times this game sucks and you quit?

eksdee

FH is my second home
"we roll set groups"

rofl

perhaps you'd like one of these?

medal_grouping.jpg

cock. xD

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH

It made my day.

Do you mean Darwinism?
or da-Win-ism dawggggg?

i'll third that
you are a cock :)

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Well, since I am not willing or able to put the sheer amount of time, effort and "being a cock"ness into a set group when I encounter one I go the other way :p

dee777

Loyal Freddie

It made my day.

I ll take that infraction. You are a cock.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i have nothing to add to this thread other than cowledscout is indeed a cock

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, didn't realise it had been commented on before. I did look around a bit but must have been further back.

Anyhoo, I notice the 1.0.5. patch has some changes to CR and hopefully that will fix it. If not, at least it shows Mythic's intention to prevent this social-dwainism or whatever the pondlife thinks it is.

Interesting thing about social Darwinism is that it is social. If you start behaving in a way the rest of society finds unacceptable (of which being called a cock by everyone you meet is perhaps symptomatic), you will not prosper. Good luck with your next set group though. I expect you'll have fun rerolling everytime Mythic fixes the game to stop easy moding.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
lol @ cowledscout. its seriously some new Dorimor.

(cock xD)

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
why do people get infrigtions for calling a showel for a showel, or in this case a cock for a cock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom