Chanter pets

N

Nemue

<whine>
Currently spending most of my in-game time playing my druid, and i've found that the fastest way to lvl is to duo with chanters and have them pet-pull.

However, what i find rather odd is why all but a very few use their underhill ally as the tanking pet when the compatriot is better and can take more dmg due to their AF-Buff.

And when i do suggest they use their Compatriot instead, do they listen? I've only had a chanter myself and lvl'd her with petpulls to lvl40 before i deleted and spent 33 lvls of healing and buffing their pet so what do i know.

</whine>

Z

Ziva

I usually use the ally myself because i think it's a far better tank then the compatriot.

I did some tests on my downtime with both ally and compatriot on Madawg in the Bog of Cullen and the ally could take a lot more hits and fought a lot better then the compatriot imho. Which saved me mana offcourse.

On top of that it also casts a nice health regen and tries to heal me when im less then 25%. It healed me about 5 times a couple of weeks ago before i died to another add so i guess they finally fixed that part too.

Guess it's a matter of personal favors and experience. I used to use the compatriot as tank too until someone told me to try the ally again and ever since i haven't used a compatriot at all anymore.

N

Nemue

Don't know how you performed your tests, but my experiance is that the Compatriot can take more dmg, and doesnt go down as fast as the ally (which is logically explained by their AF-buff they selfcast).

When it comes to the dmg done to the mob there should be no difference at all between the 2 since the dmgshield is what's making the dmg, not the pet itself. The ally healing ability is ofc nice, but when u pet pull there should be no need for it, if you're doing everything right the pet kills the mob, if something goes wrong the pet dies and can't heal you anyway.

Do bear in mind that the enemy attackspeed matters when you measure the dmg done when you compare the the 2 pets, if u test the pets on slowswinging mobs they will return more dmg/swing than if u test it on fastswinging mobs.

A

Anu

um i thought it was because the compatriot cast it's own dmg shield which is worse than the chanters dmg sheild but the chanters dmg shield doesn't overwrite it if cast on the compatriot..

Where are the Ally cast the heal buff and also heals .. but will let the chanter cast the dmg sheild + the 33 dps dmg sheild which in turn does alot more dmg to mobs.

so i've been told.. i've a chanter but don't use it often enuff ;)

N

Nemue

The Compatriot doesn't cast a dmgshield, they cast an AF-buff (that has the same icon as a dmg-shield). If you doubt my word, just have a friendly naturalist verify it to you by having them cast an AF buff on it and see what it says.

As for dmgshields yes, if 2 dmg-shields are present the damage is cut in half (formula goes like this: "dps from all dmgshields"/number of dmg-shields), but since the compatriot has no self-dmg shield it does not fall under that rule.

So in reality, the only things that differs between the ally and the compatriot is the ally heals and goes down faster (due to less HP or lower AF, don't know which), where the compatriot does not heal and has significant more hp and/or AF.

S

StormriderX

IMHO - main benefit to the ally is the better AI (seemingly). It doesnt take 5seconds to consider new instructions or have the same problem at following a enemy as the compatriot does.

S

Slinker

Never really thought about it , I always use the Compatriot .

A

anno_dk

I havent done any test or anything, my experiences just tells me that i should use compatriot rather than ally. Each enchanter do what they think is best bla bla bla...

F

findannain

at lvl 25 ally pet and 4 yellow mobs, almost insta death. compatriot and 4 yellow mobs looses first hits from mobs only half hp or so.
compatriot was meant to be the tanking pet and from the testing i did it surely is the tanking one above the ally

T

Trinilim

in my experience playing an enchanter (very limited, lvl 25), I've found that if you want a tanking pet solo, go compatriot, as it can dish damage heavy slow damage and can take just as much with that AF buff. But go ally when in groups, as you should allready have a main tank, and ally hits at a faster rate, plus gives everyone that health regen and can help with the healing a bit.

B

blitzz

Im no expert on this but from what i have experienced soloing i always use the Ally when i fight multiple mobs and the Compatriot for single targets..
I.e fighting avernals (or what ever they are called) in df, 3-6 at a time. Compatriot whent down alot faster then the Ally.

O

old.Zuljin

The reason that some ppl are useing the Ally is that they know that the dmg shield is reduceing the Focus shield, and that is true, but the fact is that the compatriot casts a shield that looks like a dmg shield but it is a AF buff even tho it dosent looks like it.

S

shadybrack

im a mana chanter just thought i'd say i always use my compatriot unless theres a lack of healing in the group, which means the healer pet my come in handy if only very slightly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom