Channel 4's 'The Real Blair Witch'

D

doh_boy

A bit of a bizarre story :

A video starts, a blonde girl walks into the room a conversation about 'If you were about to die now what would you say'. All the while a man behind her shows the camera(not the girl) a piece of cloth. They then proceed to kidnap her, threaten her life and take her into some woods and tells her to lie in a hole they say is her grave. After a while they then go 'TADAA its all a joke'.

Two days later the girl gets one of the guys involved to take her to the house where the video starts and takes the film and goes to the police and the guys get jailed.

In the film there are times when she looks genuinly scared out of her mind.But also there are two times where she indicates that her hands are untied.

Another thing at the end when they're all 'bowing to the camera' for the whole time (prolly about 5-10 mins) the girl sits with her head down in the hole.

They say she knew it was going to happen and they had talked about it previously.

I was thinking, does anyone find the idea of kidnapping a friend a 'cool practical joke'?

M

mank!

I watched this and left me very confused. It doesn't add up really, personally I think it was just a sick joke and she was in on it to an extent, but wasn't expecting it to go as far as it did at points. But then at the end, you saw her face and she didn't look frightened or anything at all. Relieved maybe, I'm not convinced. Also, why would she go back to get the tape if she was so frightened?

You could spend all day arguing about it really, it's one of these things that will divide people majorly.

I don't find kidnapping as a joke hilariously funny, for the record doh_boy.

A

Ash!

Cant remember where I saw it but some months back there was something like this going on in America. (Suprise Suprise). Think I heard it on Radio 1 or summat.

Anyway It was a bit like an entertainments agency. your mates all chipped in for you to be kidnapped and taken away for the weekend. Choice of ex marines, some middle eastern terrorist and some mafioso types. Pay your $5000 dollars to be picked up when you least expect it a few novelty kicks and punches. Then get your "Ive been kidnapped for my birthday " T Shirt whilst being pushed out of a moving car.

Bit fukin daft if you ask me

N

nath

Seems a bit like "The Game". They drive him to suicide, and at the end he's like "it was all a joke? whyyyy I oughta!!, c'mere lil brother!"

Not exactly what I'd be saying.

P

Panda On Smack

I watched it and i'm as confused as the next person. Got to think about why would she take the tape to the police? Does she get anything out of it?

She did seem scared in places but then ok in others, she was clearly in on it.

Maybe taking the tape to the police is still part of the story and then they see if they get away with it.

Maybe after it had all happened she had time to reflect and thought 'actually you fucking bastards that sucked im stitching you up down the cop shop'

Is the case still going?

G

Gef

I watched the first half but it was stupid, she knew it was gonna happen. Its a bit twisted as to the fact of why they did it, but like the guy said not once did she say 'stop' or 'let me go' if she did then they would have stopped.

Why did she go to the police? Little cow tbh, why do girls claim rape when its not true? Then get to court and confess all, "I just wanted to get him back for dumping me" etc etc .. Shit happens, people are assholes..

K

KevinUK

But 1 of the accused said she knew nothing about it or was that just to get a lighter sentance? Its hard to tell, I kept changing my mind as I saw more of the tape lol.

L

lynchet

Didnt see it tbh

But as for that thing of friends chipping in to get you kidnapped --- id be absolutely fuming if anyone did that to me and I reckon I'd still want the "kidnappers" charged.

If an individual pays to be scared then thats one thing but I don't think its entertaining or funny to scare the shit out of people who havent volunteered.

Having said that I am a grumpy cynical bastid :) If I was the victim of the Beadles about type "joke" Id probably throw a major wobbly at them.

G

Gef

According to the defendants she agreed a few days in advance that she would do it. But she didnt know when or how it was going to happen. So in effect she did volunteer, christ knows why.

But she didnt really know the people, she had only met them a few times before and was persumably trying to fit in, so I assume it was because she wanted to be liked? Who knows, but I still dont think they should go down for it..

M

mank!

Originally posted by KevinUK
But 1 of the accused said she knew nothing about it or was that just to get a lighter sentance? Its hard to tell, I kept changing my mind as I saw more of the tape lol.

If that's the girl with the horse like face, she's blatantly trying to get out of it. Lying bitch.

D

doh_boy

Mank iirc it was the bloke with the cap that they left behind (NOT the one that owns the house but the one that looks (vaguely) like the singer from blink182) who was saying it.

Also I considered the idea that she didn't believe them when they said they would kidnap her (like you said she didn't know them) and said yes because she was 'sure' they wouldn't do it.

Its all very fishy anywho! :s

M

mank!

Originally posted by doh_boy
Mank iirc it was the bloke with the cap that they left behind (NOT the one that owns the house but the one that looks (vaguely) like the singer from blink182) who was saying it.

Ahh yeah, he passed out apparently so didn't have much to do with it. From what I can gather he didn't particularly like the idea anyway.

K

KevinUK

Originally posted by mank!
If that's the girl with the horse like face, she's blatantly trying to get out of it. Lying bitch.

ROFL, yeah thats the one I'm on about ;)
I thought it was a wierd face too :p

O

old.milou

She should've called Max Clifford and then we'd known she was serious :/

Users who are viewing this thread