Changing Us account to English

M

~Mobius~

How do i do this?

I know i change something in the update.dat file to recieve the euro servers, but what do i do in there?

Y

-yoda-

you cant swap from playing Us servers to Eu srvers unless u have access to an account on Eu because your cd-key is already attached to a Eu or Us account where ever you started .

so tp play eu and us u need 2 cd-keys to have an account of your own on each . otherwise one will be strictly yours from your cd-key andother will be somebody elses cd-key account ugot access to :)

if u have a EU-cd key and have access to a us account or vice versa u can play both servers just by updating the data file ualready know of :)

M

~Mobius~

Hmm this should work actually.

I own a copy of Euro and American DaoC, bought them from the shop so no dodgy dealings. :)

Each have a seperate cd-key so why would i not be able to have 2 accounts?

K

Keri

If you bought a copy of each CD, just install them to different folders (i.e. you have 2 copies of the game). You can have an account for each one no problem. Not quite sure where you see a problem with having both an EU and a US account.

M

~Mobius~

Hehe i done that, i have 1 account on each. :)

but i want to turn my american account into a english account, im sure this can be done changing something in the update.dat file, but not sure quite what to do. :)

R

Ragnarok1978

You can't make your US account into an english one, Mythic stated it on their page, and GOA on theirs.

They use a different setup for CD-keys, and you need a DAOC-EU CD-key in order to register for an euro account, and vice versa for us.

F

Fafnir

This is how i got my american version i copied my daoc into a seperate folder and my brother send me a update.dll and cdkey witch i put into the new folder and just klicked the icon and it downloaded all files.

M

~Mobius~

So if i did that backwards i would get my us account to pick up english servers? :p

Im confused, this should in theory work as i managed to play us account a few months ago just from getting a friends account details and changing something in the update.dat.

so why doesnt it work with my own? :)

S

stu

You can play on European servers with your US *client*, by changing elements of the update files.

However you cannot play on European servers with your US *account*.

You can use the software itself, but you can't use your characters.

Hope that's clear.

M

~Mobius~

Ah, so i would need to purchase another english account to go with the us game client.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

One last thing... :p

Can i buy an english account to go with my US game or would i need to purchase the Euro game from shop again?

Ty :)

F

Flimgoblin

well apart from buying the account being against the code of conduct, technically you could buy an account and use that.

The software is the same (bar patches/locations of patch servers etc.) so that doesn't matter, just your login for the US servers won't work on the EU servers and vice versa.

M

~Mobius~

Argh is it illegal?

buying a english account and changing my US update.dat file so i can play on prydwen with 2 accounts?

S

Sarnat

You can buy an euro account and make 2 installs of your euro client to play with the same CD key with 2 different accounts.

As long as you have N accounts you can make N copies of your euro client to play N characters at the same time.

P

PJS

For each login/set of characters on European servers you need one European version of daoc. So if you want 2 accounts on mid/pryd you will have in total 3 copies of daoc, 2 Euro and the 1 US you already have. You cant play US chars on Euro servers.

You can make the US client software look at Euro servers but without an account name/passord to login to that doesnt help you. The only time this is useful is if you swap account details with a player who wants to move to US and use your chars and you use his Euro chars. Then you wouldnt need to buy a Euro daoc but this is against the CoC apparently.

F

Flimgoblin

change the update.dat is perfectly fine :)

it's the selling/buying of european (and recent american accounts I believe) that's against the CoC. Just FYI :)

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Fingoniel
well apart from buying the account being against the code of conduct, technically you could buy an account and use that.

Well if you have an early release of US version, before the CoC. You are in your right to sell, swap the account. Mythic said so, since the account was signed before they made you agree to their rules. But this dont apply to the Euro version.

S

stu

Just buy an account off Ebay (an unused one, not one with loads of stuff at some stupid price).

D

dabearzor

Can I play on a US server with my EU client?
and if so, Anyone mind posting their update.dat :)

F

Flimgoblin

yes, but you need a US account/cd-key to register with.

Users who are viewing this thread