changing to WOW

Gins

Loyal Freddie
so i bought me a WOW account after a small year DAOC ( just for a change )
now my question is, is it worth making a group char that has trouble solo'ing? or is pure solo char the way to do it atm?
i mean are there loads of exp groups out there, or is it power level all the way etc. ?
and how about pvp? should i make a char good for pvp from the start or won't it be needed as pvp sucks anyway?
my game is still installing, but i'm browsing trough the forums etc. atm

thx

Gins

Loyal Freddie
stuck at "installing interface.MPQ" for over an hour now ( disk 2 )
cancled installation and started over, again over an hour installing interface.MPQ :/
is that normal or?

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, there are little exp groups about.. the ones that are there just do instances and get good exp from the elite mobs inside them.

Any class can get to 60 rather fast, with almost any spec, as you can quest through every zone there is.. in the end you might want to get the last levels through instance-runs though and then a Healer would be best as most realms lack them. ( Atleast on my server )

I'd suggest that you just pick a class you think you will like and start getting the hand on things ingame.. see how things work etc.. if you think the class you took isn't to your liking, just switch and start over.. ( would be 'best' to pick another race so you get to know other types of environment/quests etc )

About the installing, no clue mate. :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Gins said:
stuck at "installing interface.MPQ" for over an hour now ( disk 2 )
cancled installation and started over, again over an hour installing interface.MPQ :/
is that normal or?

No that's not normal. My install took about 10 mins from start to finish.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Go with the class you want as it will make little difference in the long run as to the way you level. I have pretty much soloed all my chars since I've been playing with some groups here and there to tackle elite (super hard) mobs. Some classes solo better than others obviously but they can all solo pretty well.

No idea about end game though; haven't got there yet! :D

I'd advise you to pick a trade skill as well to make money early on. Mining + Skinning is a great way to make loads of cash in the auction house and first aid is good for disposing of linen/wool/silk etc.

Gins

Loyal Freddie
grph still can't install the game, now i'm getting all kind of errors from disk2 :

The file "G:\Installer Tome 2.mpq" could not be opened, because an error -2062548861 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (OpenArchive::Execute)

anyone know what the problem might be?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Gins said:
grph still can't install the game, now i'm getting all kind of errors from disk2 :

The file "G:\Installer Tome 2.mpq" could not be opened, because an error -2062548861 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (OpenArchive::Execute)

anyone know what the problem might be?

You're very patient. Try going back to the shop and demanding a new copy of the game. :)

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Gins said:
so i bought me a WOW account after a small year DAOC ( just for a change )
now my question is, is it worth making a group char that has trouble solo'ing? or is pure solo char the way to do it atm?
i mean are there loads of exp groups out there, or is it power level all the way etc. ?
and how about pvp? should i make a char good for pvp from the start or won't it be needed as pvp sucks anyway?
my game is still installing, but i'm browsing trough the forums etc. atm

thx

As someone else said, xp groups dont really happen much mainly because there is no benefit in them apart from for instances where you need a group to get anywhere.

Powerleveling isnt something you can do in this game either, having a noob in a group whilst a high lvl kills stuff doesnt really do anything and the noob gets very little xp.

Buffbots dont really exist in WoW as they are pretty pointless too in this game in general although there are probably a few around.

Classes... well all classes can solo, some better than others but all can do it. Most xp is gained by doing quests and instances rather than just farming stuff, so you dont need to be able to solo a great deal. So basically just pick a class you like and level it up. There are no gimped or unwanted classes really, so dont worry about what you pick. Unlike DAOC where if you arent a certain spec, with certain skills etc you wont get a group, WoW classes always have a use .

Helme

Resident Freddy
Dust off the disc, if that doesn't solve it head right back to the store :)

And just pick a class that you find intresting, all classes are generally welcome in groups and can solo very well.

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
One more thing; Don't roll a Rogue! ..unless you want to sit behind your monitor spamming two buttons in MC all day :\

Afran

Part of the furniture
exponentiaL said:
One more thing; Don't roll a Rogue! ..unless you want to sit behind your monitor spamming two buttons in MC all day :\
Yeah, feint and backstab :p

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
My disk 2 got stuck installing for 30mins. i restarted pc tried again.
got bored waiting again at atbou 20mins took a shower it had done it by time i had come back.
friend said his got stuck installing for about a hour to.
thought may have been a common bug in them or summat.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:

the two buttons thing could be said for most classes

Paliri

Fledgling Freddie
Installation Problem

Dont know if you got it sorted but this happened to me. However when I disabled anti virus and all the internet protection it loaded ok. Now works fine with internet protection on.

Paliri

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously though, as Afran said, Rogues don't seem to fit me PvE wise.. you seriously do just two things, and all your funky abilities aren´t worth crap in MC etc..

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:
Seriously though, as Afran said, Rogues don't seem to fit me PvE wise.. you seriously do just two things, and all your funky abilities aren´t worth crap in MC etc..

Rogues DPS is worth alot in MC. We are usually running with 6-7 Rogues in our MC setup. Alot of specific class abilities aren't worth anything in MC.. and Rogues roll are DPS :p

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Urme the Legend said:
Rogues DPS is worth alot in MC. We are usually running with 6-7 Rogues in our MC setup. Alot of specific class abilities aren't worth anything in MC.. and Rogues roll are DPS :p

Wish is why I said they are as boring as it could be in PvE. :p

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:

So a Warrior doing DPS or tanking, Druid healing, Priest healing/decursing, Shaman healing, mage dps/decursing... are those things so much different then? It's mainly 1 thing each anyway :p Everyone does what his class is best at.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
exponentiaL said:
do you think spamming Flash Heal, Renew & Decursive is more "fun"? :twak:

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
do you think spamming Flash Heal, Renew & Decursive is more "fun"? :twak:

didn't think priests had decursive :p

and update ur profile :twak:

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Gat_Decor said:
didn't think priests had decursive :p
great for diseases/debuffs ... (and making me a 3-button class instead of a n00b rogue'ish 2-button one, hrhrhr)...

Gat_Decor said:
and update ur profile :twak:
PM is choking on the lootlink database :eek7: 1.7.0 will fix that (variables saved per add-on), woohoo ... will try to fix it JUST for you tonight :worthy:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Urme the Legend said:

If they can handle the high dps good too....we had several rogues die on ragnaros before he was 70% even, raid leader wasn't happy. :p

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
If they can handle the high dps good too....we had several rogues die on ragnaros before he was 70% even, raid leader wasn't happy. :p
Tbh with a good agro management from a Warrior I never ever took agro from the Warrior.

And yes, PvE is dull with all of the classes as far as I can see it.. and PvP just sucks unless you do it daoc-style, which I don't see that often sadly!

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:

Well it depends on what and why they died? ... I'm sure they didn't die because of their high dps.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
great for diseases/debuffs ... (and making me a 3-button class instead of a n00b rogue'ish 2-button one, hrhrhr)...

PM is choking on the lootlink database :eek7: 1.7.0 will fix that (variables saved per add-on), woohoo ... will try to fix it JUST for you tonight :worthy:

d'oh Decursive the addon ... sorry my bad, yeah it useful (although some ppl might think its a little too useful)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom