Changing the volume of a video format permanently...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know a good program for this?

Say I have 'XXX Adventures' and I want to crank up the volume of the hardcore sexing permanently, so wherever I play it, it will have that new adjusted volume - how do I go about it?

I ask this because the mp4 I have, even on full volume plays it at a rate which i'm not happy with. Thus I was curious if there was any way to alter the volume before I place it on the mp4 and before I turn the volume etc. up.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
I'd question if 'XXX Adventures' was really in the spirit of serious lovemaking.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/sound-recording-audio-editing/7303-volume-leveling-while-editing-video.html

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
id suggest turning the volume up, but i know im just full of whacky ideas.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I beleive you would have to rip and reincode the video.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
you can use alot of things to fiddle with volume..i know for sure you can do it with TMPGenc 4.0 Xpress, its one of the filters you can apply.

Flintlock

Banned
Hi

Well there are lots of programs for this. Or you can use a combination of programs like I do. How I go about it is this. Say I have recorded some guitar playing that is a bit low in volume and has background noise. I have the avi file - normally - or wmv file that has been created with the camera software. I import this into Acoustic 3.2 (available on a fully working trial of 30 days - I think?). This will only load up the audio. I then run the auto noise reduction and then crank up the volume a bit and save the result as a wav file. I then use a Stoik program I have. Windows movie maker can also do this but is slow to load up. Stoik Imagic 3.5 is very similar to Windows Movie Maker so if you know how to use that you will easily handle Stoik. I load the original avi file - complete with poor recording - and resave it as a muted file. I then reload the muted file and add the improved recording I made. I then save it as a WMV for Windows (Simple-Medium) which is good enough quality for streaming video. So basically there are a few steps and you can carry them out with all sorts of different software:

Extract audio and adjust
Save original file as muted (different file name incase of mistakes)
Reload muted file and add altered audio
Resave in a suitable format

Sorted :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom