Changing realm on Cluster

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
(I dunno is this mentioned earlier here somewhere in FH)

So, yesterday I wanted to change my buffbot's prydwen server realm. But it doesn't let me. Is this some cluster "no spies" crap?
Why I want to change? Both Excalibur and Prydwen are midgard and that sucks.:eek7:

Help the poor BD! :m00:

Parley

Fledgling Freddie
Since the Cluster you are no longer able to have 1 Acc doing more then 1 Realm on each.

Only Alb/Alb, Hib/Hib, Mid/Mid if you want to change, you will have to delete all toons on the original Realms acc.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
But soon this will change if my info's are correct in a coming patch u will be able to choose another realm in pryd/excal cluster, correct me if im wrong ....

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
yer, 1.85 u can choose any of the realms

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sean said:
yer, 1.85 u can choose any of the realms

I don't see any mention of this in the 1.85 patch notes, do you have a link to where this information comes from?

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
I don't see any mention of this in the 1.85 patch notes, do you have a link to where this information comes from?

i have asked the question before, look at previous threads

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:

the reason is... cause its not and 'update' as such... its just removing the restrictions on cluser + timer... and its a server change rules

think it was in a past 'fridays news'... dont quote me though:p

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
WOOHOOO!!

I really hope it's true. I can't wait thursday. :p

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Dard said:
1.85 inc Thurs 9th.

w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t they is teh r0xxxxxx

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
psyco said:
dont quote me though:p

Haha I did!

No really.. would be nice. My account is Mid-Pryd/Alb-Exc at the moment, but I'd like to check Hibernia out.. don't like Albion that much. Have to transfer the 1.5p on my lvl 21 Mercenary then though, anyone intrested? :)

Dancingboner

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm, unless i'm mistaken, when I log onto Excal on a trial account with pryd toons on, I can't select a different realm. So much for this rumour.

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
is this gonna be another thing that the yanks get that we dont? :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
As ever there's more info about this in theNews!

Today's News said:
...With version 1.85 Mythic made it possible to create characters on different realms in a clustered server -even if you don't have a character on different realms in this clustered server yet. The delay for the passing from one server to another on these servers -one hour in Europe until now- has disappeared. No such modification has affected European servers yet and we will keep you posted on this issue in the days to come....

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As ever there's more info about this in theNews!

We pretty-much knew this wasn't coming with 1.85 as there had been no official announcement (not that I can find anyway) and nothing in the patch notes, but the big question is why not and when can we expect to be able to reroll on another server (considering the population issues, sooner rather than later would be handy if GOA plan on keeping this cluster open).

IainC

Tallen said:
We pretty-much knew this wasn't coming with 1.85 as there had been no official announcement (not that I can find anyway) and nothing in the patch notes, but the big question is why not and when can we expect to be able to reroll on another server (considering the population issues, sooner rather than later would be handy if GOA plan on keeping this cluster open).
Our plan is sooner rather than later but it's rather more complicated than just running a patch. There will be more news about this very soon.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm, sorry for the miss infomation then:p

im still abit confuced, i read requels quote... but it sugests to me that rolling on a differant realm is possible, on a cluster...

but when i try it, it dont work:(

one final question though... say i have some chars on pryd, and i give them a surname, will excal population be able to see it?

IainC

psyco said:
hmmm, sorry for the miss infomation then:p

im still abit confuced, i read requels quote... but it sugests to me that rolling on a differant realm is possible, on a cluster...

but when i try it, it dont work:(

one final question though... say i have some chars on pryd, and i give them a surname, will excal population be able to see it?
I'll clarify.
For the moment, the restrictions on realm choice and the realm changing timers are still in place. We aim to make the modifications that will remove these restrictions very soon and information about this will be given in the News.

To your other question, surnames are only visible to players from your home server. All players from a different server will only see <Charactername> of <Servername> above your head. They will still see your guildname and title as normal however.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
May I ask, what you mean with these timers?
Is it that I gotta wait for 1 hour in the character menu to get the -Realm- button active or what? :D:D

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Ahtlehson said:
May I ask, what you mean with these timers?
Is it that I gotta wait for 1 hour in the character menu to get the -Realm- button active or what? :D:D

nope, its the time you have to wait before logging onto prydwen server if you were playing on excal 4 example :fluffle:

MrManic

Fledgling Freddie
Those of you having characters from the same realm on two clustered servers and who wish to play on another realm will be able to do so very soon. The modifications will take place next Thursday

:england: :england: :england: :england:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Requiel said:
I'll clarify.
For the moment, the restrictions on realm choice and the realm changing timers are still in place. We aim to make the modifications that will remove these restrictions very soon and information about this will be given in the News.

you'll still only be able to do 2 realms max tho? as the english eu servers only have 2 of the normal ruleset which makes it hard for people to try out the 3rd realm without deleting :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
you'll still only be able to do 2 realms max tho? as the english eu servers only have 2 of the normal ruleset which makes it hard for people to try out the 3rd realm without deleting :(

There's only 2 servers, US are 3 clustered servers hence why they can play all 3 realms. Pretty sure giving access to all 3 on a 2-server cluster would be a real problem.

It's a mute point tbh, excal/pryd is dying, those who haven't jumped ship to Avalon or the US will leave once WAR beta comes out, if it even lasts that long.

Why reroll a different realm on a dead server when you can reroll on a server with 2k+ players?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom