Changing faction, green or orange mobs best?

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
In order to change your faction for Delingstad people, I can kill all kinds of mobs to change it.

some are green, some are orange, so just wondered, which changes the faction fastest?

green con, killing them fast, but gives fewer faction points?

orange con, killing slower, but gives more faction points?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:
In order to change your faction for Delingstad people, I can kill all kinds of mobs to change it.

some are green, some are orange, so just wondered, which changes the faction fastest?

green con, killing them fast, but gives fewer faction points?

orange con, killing slower, but gives more faction points?

i find it best if you kill them all show no prejudice if there are yellow, green or orange, although the fastest way to change your faction is to be on good terms with a GM, and say you will post the pics of them cottaging....

http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/cottaging

:m00:

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
the comedy club is up early :(

a faction journal ingame would be awesome

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
don't think mob con affects how much faction change you get - the actual mobs themselves might have different levels though so it might be that they've set e.g. melos monks to change more faction than melos blademasters.

Personally I'd say go with greens in the hope that they've been lazy and just made them all the same :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
In general mobs are worth more faction points the higher level they are. This isn't an inviolable rule however and you may find mobs which are worth a lot more or less faction than their equal con friends.
There isn't a set amount by which faction points change by monster con either. For some factions there may be a big difference between green and red con members, for others it might be a lot less noticeable.
An ingame faction journal is a nice idea in principle however there are around 500 different factions ingame so presenting that info would be something of a challenge - not to mention a potential way to make the game lag madly if several people delved their factions at once.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Requiel said:
...a potential way to make the game lag madly if several people delved their factions at once.
Faction-dragging abuse on the rise...Mythic, stop the madness!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
In general mobs are worth more faction points the higher level they are. This isn't an inviolable rule however and you may find mobs which are worth a lot more or less faction than their equal con friends.
There isn't a set amount by which faction points change by monster con either. For some factions there may be a big difference between green and red con members, for others it might be a lot less noticeable.
An ingame faction journal is a nice idea in principle however there are around 500 different factions ingame so presenting that info would be something of a challenge - not to mention a potential way to make the game lag madly if several people delved their factions at once.

GM's will say anything to get out of cottaging!!!

:m00:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Greens or ojs, go for what your character can farm efficiently. Ive done faction for krckks (or whatever the SI insect city in hib is lots of times).
I found that my weaker pve chars where far faster farming greens, while my stronger got the job done on ojs much quicker. If you would normaly exp on ojs solo then go oj else stick to green.

Requiel said:

Ive heard similar argument many times as there can potentialy be many 'subfactions' within one type of monster or monsters with the same name having different factions (not that ive actually seen this anywhere within a year of gametime). If I were to approach this as a programmer I might offer my user some delve or /faction command to use on mob, this would return some numerical representation of the faction concerned only with that one mob, basically just something more accurate than 'friendly,neutral,hostile,aggressive'..

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Suggestion to improve DAOC

Boni said:
Ive heard similar argument many times as there can potentialy be many 'subfactions' within one type of monster or monsters with the same name having different factions (not that ive actually seen this anywhere within a year of gametime). If I were to approach this as a programmer I might offer my user some delve or /faction command to use on mob, this would return some numerical representation of the faction concerned only with that one mob, basically just something more accurate than 'friendly,neutral,hostile,aggressive'..

I like that idea. \o/

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

thanks alot for the reply.

fixed my faction with delingstad people in 2½ hours killing green/blue con mobs :)

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
any1 know if u get more faction solo ?

was wondering if it would be quicker for me to get faction with some pals helping in grp or is it scaled with the xp ?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

How about a system that only showed the faction of the mob(group) you are at that moment fighting (not targetting) in favor to it like it currently is but now in a scale of 10000 orso instead of the 5 scale now. can then also show the names of the mobs that belong to that faction group (clientside part).

Shouldn't make the serverload much higher then it currently is but gives a LOT more info...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom