Changing artis

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Well, At the moment I got lvl 10 malice axe, slash version.

is it possible to change it to crush so I get malice mace/hammer, crush and then change it back to the slash version?

Or can you only change it once? lemme know ;)

Draxa

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I've heard it was possible to give it back to the guy who activates it for you. But not sure, most likely just rumours. But you could always try. It would mean that you would have to level it all over again though.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
I know, 100% sure you can change it 1 time but I want to know if you can change it 2 times

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The only way you can trade in an arti and get a new one is if a new version becomes available (like when they initially introduced the crush version of Malice) When this happens an NPC is put in place to allow trades only if you activated the arti before the new version became available.

Additionally if you trade an arti in in this manner it automatically drops to level 0.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
soooo, you can only change it once?

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
soooo, you can only change it once?
yes 1 time, but only IF you activated your malice before they added a crush version

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
duh, otherwise you could just keep going with repairing the arti.. never to fade away.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
So basically, if I got a malice crush activated yesterday. I wont ever be able to make it slash? (Not that I would, and I dont even have it, just an example)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
no. Only when Mythic/GoA adds a thrust version in a patch. Then (i think) you have (limited time to) 'respec' .

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It works like this.
Once you have activated an artifact, you can't change the type at all normally.
If Mythic offer a new type of the same artifact and your class can use it - in DavidH's example if he had an existing crush version of Malice, a new patch offered a thrust version and he was a class that could use thrust weapons, he'd be offered a one time chance to change his Malice to a thrust version as he was never offered this choice when he activated his. This chance would last for a limited time (usually for the duration of one patch).

He couldn't change it to a slash version and he couldn't change his mind later and switch it back. If he takes the opportunity to change his artifact then he gets a brand new one at 100% con and durability and level 0 with 0% exp. People who activated their Malice after the patch would be offered the thrust version along with the others and wouldn't get the option to later change their artifact because they'd had and declined the new option already.

Under normal circumstances you cannot change your artifacts at all once activated.

nickthegr

Fledgling Freddie
dear cb

i have ceremonial in piety version and need instantly to make it dex version do i have any hope? or just must sleep with it? :D tell me plz :)

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
can you deactivate artifacts? or can GOA remove credit and then deactivate?

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
uber bumb! :p

No, you cannot deactivate arti's, let credit be stripped and do over. Once an artifact is done, it's done for that char.

Azraeth

Fledgling Freddie
is there any way u can repair durability on artifacts or not? cause i heard many rumors and dont know what to believe.........!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom