Changes to the Jedi System

pig

Fledgling Freddie
This Friday feature just appeared...

Friday feature

forums gonna be FULL of lots of pissed off people! gonna make good reading for the next few days :)

Now the question is, do i continue grinding Holo's, or go back to the hunt for the Bull Rancor (Baby) and wait for the FSCS Quest!!!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
hmmm good move by SOE not sure i agree with a skill loss though maybe xp loss

Spooks

Fledgling Freddie
yeah looking forward to these changes, would be interested to know if all types of profs would be able to so this quest(s) or if its more for combat profs. wouldn't really be fair to deny the chance for crafter profs to unlock their slots

pig

Fledgling Freddie
My thoughts on this FS quest are that it will just be a quicker way of finding the Silent Profession... Im probably wrong, but im not prepared to surrender the Investigation so soon (over half way to LVL 3 now :) )

Lots of people are saying that you will see lots and lots of noobie jedi's about, and as time goes on they expect to see Dark Jedi or Jedi Master only PA's... Still, if they fix BH droids so that they can actually track these players its going to be very hard to keep your Jedi alive long enough to get that insane amount of Jedi XP :)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Yay! for the FS quest.

Think about it - did Ben Kenobi grind out crafting stations like there was no tomorrow in order to become a Jedi? Did Luke have to get a scholarship with the Bounty Hunter guild? Was Bobba Fett just trying to get his FS slot open by hunting down fugitives?

I don't think so.

It was just the usual thing - no-life-nerds with 24/7 play time would get their FS slot open in no time.

So: yay!

Mophead

Loyal Freddie
I think people may be going off at a tangent. From reading that post I do not get the impression that the requirements for unlocking a fs character slot will, change just the game play after you've done so.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
The second phase will be to rebuild the Jedi system to be quest-oriented; and to include the familiar elements of Force Sensitivity, Jedi-oriented quests, as well as many other elements the developers and the community feel should make up the process of becoming a Jedi. (It should also be noted that players who have put in work towards becoming a Jedi will not lose their effort. Some sort of recognition of players' efforts will be included in the new system.)

You are right in saying that they have not specifically said anything about changing the way the FSCS is opened, but the above quote really does say to me that current 4 holo profs + 1 silent prof will change...

Even if its a quest like the "mark of ..." badges, random spawns, hours and hours of searching, and when its done the NPC says "your silent profession is Chef!"

Mophead

Loyal Freddie
I suppose it depends upon the meaning of "process of becoming a Jedi". Whether its the unlocking of the FS slot, or the progress from Force Novice (ie new FS char) to the Jedi Knight proffession. I interpreted it as the latter.

pig

Fledgling Freddie
The only other thing a dev has posted about this Friday Feature was a short 2 lines from RuneSaber

"Please ensure they hear our pleas to treat those of us who are not jedi fairly as well. Some of us have grinded many, many professions, and if we have not achieved the slot by the time the new system is in place, all of that effort could be for naught."

The new Jedi system will take into account how far along you are under the current system in achieving the opening of your force sensitive slot.
------------------------
Runesabre
Lead Designer
Star Wars Galaxies

and then silence...

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, I am sure the FS quest won't be easy (and bugged... lots:p), so the holo grinders can kindly shut up.

It's just fair making (and alot more "realistic" SW universe wise) to make an epic quest out of it. As I have said before: the holo grinding just benefitted the 24/7 no life geeks.

Some people work, have family, take regular showers - and have the right to open their fs slot just as any unwashed nerd. Right?

Mophead

Loyal Freddie
Uncle Sick said:
It's just fair making (and alot more "realistic" SW universe wise) to make an epic quest out of it. As I have said before: the holo grinding just benefitted the 24/7 no life geeks.

Surely no matter what the devs do, the more time someone spends towards achieving the jedi goal, the sooner they will do it? Even if they change it to a quest based system, those that play more often than others will unlock their fscs sooner.

Nichneven

Fledgling Freddie
maybe making it harder and more of a challenge will finally convince some powerlevling people to give up grinding. Honestly, holocrons were the worst idea ever.... imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom