Changed from [DE]Avalon to [EN]Excalibur

T

Toorcc

Hi everybody ;)

I changed to excalibur now, because a very good friend of mine - whom i played with many years in diablo2 years ago - is french and new to this game ;) He used to play diablo2 until now ;)

If i'd invited him to play on a german server, he would not have been able to understand the whole game interface, cause its german there ;o) Otherwise if we had chosen a french server, i would have been in this dilemma ^^ french is a nice language .. but .. a bit difficult *g*

So we decided to change to Exca, an english server ;) Where we both are able to understand the game interface and other people talkin to us ;)))

So hello to all!! I hope to have a nice time with you here ;)

A

Arnor

Hello, hope you enjoy your stay :)

ps: you need to show me your id's to enter, we get too many packetkiddies :p

B

Bellona

so.. what realm are you going to join?

Albion - Land of the zergs

or

Hibernia - Disneyland of the zergs

or

Midgard - Rotten stinky vulcano swamp of the zergs

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Bellona

Mids dont zerg, its just that 2 BD's look like a full group

B

Bellona

ohh yeah.. i must have missed the part in patch notes where it is mentioned BD pets look like trolls and wear guild emblems..
my bad.

N

Nichneven

Albion - Land of the "boxers-in-a-twist" whiners

or

Hibernia - Land of the frolicing, dancing, gay(happy) nymphs
or

Midgard - Land of the "we-never-bathe" butch types with braided armpits

Let's at least say something nasty about ALL of them, to be fair :p

N

-Nuked-

hibs dont zerg .. well we do, but what we consider a hib zerg albs call a few odd hibbys:p

T

Toorcc

Albion - Land of the zergs

or

Hibernia - Disneyland of the zergs

or

hehe ;)

well .. i played a theurgist on the german server..
its now 50 and 2L4, but i really would like to play an Arawn ;)

and my buddy likes to play a Paladin..

so far ;) If nothing convinces us to join another party.. ;o)))
So go ahead and advertise for your realm folks ^^

N

nicolinko

thx toorc^^

Hi all,

until now i was over diablo, it bores me a bit; and i have already upgraded my pc.
In easely words now i can play DAOC.
So will I.

Nico

H

Hanhepi

Welcome to the wonderful world of Excalibur, mate!

... I'll give you 5 mins 'til you scream WHY THE HELL DOESN'T /r WORK HERE? :p
And that's not even the biggest pain (when you're a crafter). The raw materials will still have their German names.

So my first recommendation after moving from a German to an English server would be ... patch your client to the English version (maybe someone can post how it works?) or buy an English DAoC copy. I know the patching thingie works somehow, but I'm lazy as hell and so bought an English client myself. :)

Have fun!

N

Nebel

Originally posted by Hanhepi
Welcome to the wonderful world of Excalibur, mate!

... I'll give you 5 mins 'til you scream WHY THE HELL DOESN'T /r WORK HERE? :p
And that's not even the biggest pain (when you're a crafter). The raw materials will still have their German names.

So my first recommendation after moving from a German to an English server would be ... patch your client to the English version (maybe someone can post how it works?) or buy an English DAoC copy. I know the patching thingie works somehow, but I'm lazy as hell and so bought an English client myself. :)

Have fun!

....and even worse: u cant climb walls with a german client on an english server!!!!...yes its true!... dont ask me why... i kinda paniced when my Inf first tried that and it didnt work... and the others thougt i was a fool/drunk or whatever not finding the climb-spots.... LOL... patching the client to english solved that then.

Here is what to do: open your update.dat in Shrouded Isles main folder; change the word "german" to "english"... thats it, very simple... thats how it looks like then:

Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

T

Toorcc

Thx a lot for your help guys ;)

i copied my existing SI to another folder..
updated the update.dat file and hope it'll work ^^

S

ssera

Originally posted by Nebel
....and even worse: u cant climb walls with a german client on an english server!!!!...yes its true!... dont ask me why... i kinda paniced when my Inf first tried that and it didnt work... and the others thougt i was a fool/drunk or whatever not finding the climb-spots.... LOL... patching the client to english solved that then.

Here is what to do: open your update.dat in Shrouded Isles main folder; change the word "german" to "english"... thats it, very simple... thats how it looks like then:

Mythic Patch

I had the same problem but with the french/english clients. Anyway I also had to delete the "language" folder from the SI directory for it to work...

N

Nebel

ARGH!!.... ye... forgot that... have to delete the "language"-folder too....

S

soullessminion

If you join Mid, I hope you speak swede. Or you will read interface but not have a damn clue what most mids are saying :p

I only speak english, but my guild are trying to teach me swede the hard way...

T

Toorcc

so...

i deleted the language folder too.

al english now ;) on the second copy.

works fine all :)

now .. which realm .. mhhh

L

LordjOX

come hib. I /flex for gold/silver at DL.
uh. doesn't have anything to do with that.
anyways.

come hib- we need teh numbers :>

E

--Eraser--

welcome on board :)
there are quite few "krauts" around on excal, although they rarely reveal themselfs but enjoy the jokes about germans :clap: while hidden, hehehe.

if decide to join alb and feel lonely, PM me for some info, chat, help etc.
i also am pretty curious about the in-game language on german servers. i played on excal since day 1 and never visited another server yet. you must have some funny acronyms over there as well :m00:

N

Nebel

Originally posted by --Eraser--
i also am pretty curious about the in-game language on german servers. i played on excal since day 1 and never visited another server yet. you must have some funny acronyms over there as well :m00: [/B]

Hehe... thats indeed funny, i visited a german server some months ago out of curiosity; and guess what: i didnt understand a word...ROFL... every 2nd word being some kinda acronym i felft like "erm... this is really a german server?... i SHOULD be able to cummunicate here, na?"!!?!?!

M

Mage

We've a few german speakers in our guild :) Look forward to seeing you in the game - Albion Realm of course!

T

Toorcc

Originally posted by --Eraser--
welcome on board :)
there are quite few "krauts" around on excal, although they rarely reveal themselfs but enjoy the jokes about germans :clap: while hidden, hehehe.

if decide to join alb and feel lonely, PM me for some info, chat, help etc.
i also am pretty curious about the in-game language on german servers. i played on excal since day 1 and never visited another server yet. you must have some funny acronyms over there as well :m00:

Hi eraser ;)))

thank you for your kind invitation,

well in fact there are some funny things ;))
yesterday i faced with one very popular abbreviation for "erroneous chat" , which means that you send something to person A, but intended to send it to person B.
so we say "fc" (falscher chat -> erroneous recipient)..
well i was telling something to Aybubtu and another one answered on a question..
when i sent "fc" to him, he yelled back "?!?!?"

lol ;)

there are prety more things i have to have an eye on *g*

So thank you all for your patience! ;)))

T

Toorcc

Originally posted by Nebel
Hehe... thats indeed funny, i visited a german server some months ago out of curiosity; and guess what: i didnt understand a word...ROFL... every 2nd word being some kinda acronym i felft like "erm... this is really a german server?... i SHOULD be able to cummunicate here, na?"!!?!?!

hehe nebel ;) it's in fact really funny!
please give me some examples. i'll try to translate them ;)

T

Toorcc

Originally posted by Mage
We've a few german speakers in our guild :) Look forward to seeing you in the game - Albion Realm of course!

hey mage ;)

hopefully i'll come in contact with you and your guild ;=)
would be really nice to have some known companions! *g*

ah ... *g* means *grins* (what stands for *smile*)

;o)

N

Nebel

Originally posted by Toorcc
hehe nebel ;) it's in fact really funny!
please give me some examples. i'll try to translate them ;)

Heh... dont really remember any... strangely tho i even had difficulties to type german in open chat.... well... after 1.5 years on an english server (or how long is it now?... anyway.. since release).... :)

Users who are viewing this thread