[SUGGESTION] Change to central RvR zones

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Playing in T4 today I joined a WB that was taking the keeps in all three of the contested zones. We went around and basically met no defenders. After a few keeps it appeared Destruction were retaking some of the keeps we had just taken instead of defending the keeps we were currently attacking and likewise we just carried on PvEing the empty Destruction keeps.

To me this felt like it was just another PvE grind to farm gold bags off the keep lords and basially no actual Realm vs Realm was happening.

To break this up and promote open RvR, which I and I think a lot of other people would like, i'd suggest removing the keeps from the central areas and increasing the speed victory points are gained from open RvR and in general in these zones.
This would mean to take a keep you would first have to secure the central zones through PQs, leveling ect but mostly through RvR and hopefully that the central zones would change hands more often stopping the game appearing to be so static.

The number of loot bags in the keeps remaining could then be increased to keep the number being won constant and it would also give a little more incentive to defend, with the fight being in your backyard and close to your capital.

Don't know if anyone has suggested it before but its something I think would increase RvR enjoyment and be easy to impliment.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
If you don't take the keep then it can't be taken back. So no Gold bags. I read the change and the implications were so obvious that I'm now convinced mythic dont understand their own game. Only way you will get defenders is if there is some reward for it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
stop, defend, smish them, get lots of rp/xp?

The main problem I see is how easy it is to get into a keep that's under attack and how hard it is to take a defended keep (it's too easy to hide behind the lord and his guards, not sure how to fix that tbh.)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Whilst the reward for taking objectives/keep is greater than either defending or killing other players elsewhere, players will always go for undefended objectives wherever possible. Why bother taking a defended keep when you can just switch zone and go for another?

DAoC was the complete opposite - why bother attacking a keep when roaming around for kills gave the most RPs?

I hope Mythic analyses the situation carefully and comes up with a version 1.1 which makes RvR work better.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Maybe a well defended keep should somehow spawn less guards?
And perhaps if the attackers get wiped then the defenders should get some kind of loot too.
Not sure how you would get either of these systems to work using the currect keep taking mechanic, so I dunno, maybe the whole thing needs an overhaul.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
The main problem I see is how easy it is to get into a keep that's under attack and how hard it is to take a defended keep (it's too easy to hide behind the lord and his guards, not sure how to fix that tbh.)

:iagree:

Maybe increasing the tether range could help, tho it will be difficult not to nerf the keep lord too hard.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
The problem is that:

1. you need something to stop a keep being taken instantly
(it should also probably be interesting for the players there taking the keep - a "stand around and do nothing" is a bit dull)
2. you need it not so unbelievably difficult that once the defenders get there it's not such a big deal.

Random thought:

A PQ which starts after the first door (or the second door) is down - some Dreadblight sorceresses or runepriests or something come into the keep to do some mojo for 10m, during which time there's a spawn of lots of normal guards (maybe some champs too) which make it a tricky encounter for 2fg pug/1fg optimised.

Maybe mix it up after 5m with something different.

Then you have the lord fight, toned down from its current self in T2-3 (apparently they're a walkover in t4? no idea).

This gives you door+10m for the defenders to get there... without it being completely dependent on the size of the warband attacking and without it having to be impossible to take with the defenders thrown into the mix (they should have an advantage obviously but never an insurmountable one).

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Now throw in some objectives around the keep to capture and hold (ala nordenwatch) and you can have a push for territory in the keep itself rather than just a kill the lord, gives some way for the defenders to push out the attackers (hold all the points for long enough and the doors respawn - rather than the current random respawn) - and after a 3m timer (say) of holding everything you get l3wt for the defenders.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
the game only is rewarding for offence in rvr, not for defence, that`s the main problem.

there is no reason to defend a keep for 10 mins if during that time you can take another keep and get phat loot.

the lord should give loot/extra renown to defenders as reward for comming to his help, after a siege has been broken. in daoc, helping in a defence has given me up to 20k rp at times. campign lord rooms in daoc when both gates were down was actually fun and rewarding.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I like the idea of a "defence PQ" that comes up with the same rewards as taking a keep every 10 mins (or 15 or whatever a reasonable amount of time to take the keep is). The PQ is triggered by the outer door being damaged below 50% or some other sensible event.

Alternatively make it so each player can only get a gold bag from an RVR PQ per normal-time day? Would lessen the farming at least.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Bit out of the blue, but I came to think of something while I was defending a keep last night. How about being able to reinforce the siege doors? Surely that would give our fellow tanks some use, eh? I haven't really given it much thought yet, so bare with me. :)

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
The whole Lord of the keep crap bugs me . It was ok in DAoC as such but here i feel we should have some better method. Not sure what but just something more advanced. The layout of keeps is weird too, what the hell is that ramp for?

I mean im all for equal rights but come on! Wheelchair access in warhammer?

On the def/off thing, maybe the defenders need to get random bag drops at the Lords feet ,for example, after so many xxxx amount of HPs damage delt to attackers etc. Let everyone in Keep radius (defending) roll for the bag etc.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah I don't really like the keep layout either, that ramp is a bit wierd and gets ridiculously crowded

dee777

Loyal Freddie
If you had to capture one or two nearby BOs, to make the door vulnerable, it would help already I suppose. You then have 15 minutes (the time while BOs are uncapturable) to take down the front door. That would give defenders time to move back. Of course you would have to have a message in the chatbox once a BO is under attack.

I know, with a coordinated attack of 3 groups you could hit both BOs simulaenously and start damaging the door in about 2 minutes, but I think thats fair too. You showed some good coordination and should get some kind of benefit out of it.

BTW, defenders could use more incentive, I agree with the above posters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom