Change of course

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Ok lads im beggin down infront of the great generalites :worthy:

Im 19 (20 this year) on my 2nd year of Engineering with communications (just failed 3 out of 3 exams (i can resit) i got two 7's and an 8. The pass was 9) Im not enjoying the course. Its ok, part is fun.

The main underlying question, i have been thinking that i would really enjoy the course Computer Games Technology, however to do that i have to move about 200 miles away or something.

Should i grasp the chance to do something fun, or should i stick on with muddling about?

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
ummm

I think a better question is - what do you want to do as a career?

Then decide what degree fits in with that (if a degree is needed at all).

Yes, a course like that would be 'fun', but how useful is it in the 'real world'? Are you limiting yourself to a certain job?

Have a nice long think about what you want to do with the rest of your life, then pick a suitable degree :)

Obviously if its something you really want to do - go for it, better to do that then live the rest of your life in regret.

Good luck!

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
It depends how much you dislike your current one. I changed to a different course that I enjoy more, but I was in the first year and couldn't stand anything at all within my original choice. Half way through a course, which has some plus points, means yours is a much harder decision.
As CDR said, how will either degree affect your career aspirations? I'd imagine the engineering would be more versatile (but I'm no expert), and the games industry isn't exactly booming in this country from what I've heard.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
If you dont enjoy it GET OUT, nothing worse than doing somthing you hate. I did it for 10 years and finally got out and did something i enjoyed.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Find something you'll be able to do really easily. I changed to Philosophy which meant about 1 lecture a week. I never attended. Had great fun, got a degree and when on to be a techie. 3 years drinking and I still got a degree so I could still get most jobs.

Trust me :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Sometimes you have to endure doing what you don't like in order to do what you actually want to do. Unless your course isn't what you want to be doing in life, in which case get out. :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Wij said:
Find something you'll be able to do really easily. I changed to Philosophy which meant about 1 lecture a week. I never attended. Had great fun, got a degree and when on to be a techie. 3 years drinking and I still got a degree so I could still get most jobs.

Trust me :)

And people wonder why degrees aren't worth as much as they were....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom