Champ Realm Abilities

S

Solarius

Ok, did a search, couldn't find a similar topic so no flames if there is one plz!

Having just reached 50 and looking now to the frontier (at last), so looked at the Ra list. Few things I would like to know what other champs opinions are..

1) IP - Is it worth it? It costs a champ 23 pts to get, is it really worth it for an active RA?

2) How good is WotC?

3) Is WA any good for our debuffs, or just a waste of points?

4) I'm full LW, so looking at MoParry and MoPain, is there a limit to how high these are useful? (I was thinking about taking both to lvl 2 or 3)

5) Does MoArms have a noticable effect on delay for LW?

Any other comments are welcomed :)

L

llixeraxu

so much to choose from so little rp's

Mastry of Pain is a must.. very nice with LW.

An old friend of mine (Yadleen) went for WA - and the crit debuffs were very impressive, and ive been toying with the idea.

IP.. just get it you'll love it.

WoTC - tryed this on gorre back in the day. Unless they changed it in the 6 months ive been away its still crap and only good for breaking a good mez or farming rp in a zerg.... maybe .. maybe..

Im thinking of getting the 10% reduction of melee damage thing usuable every 15 minutes for a minute... dunno though..

I recomend.. Mastry of pain 3 and Avoidance of Magic 3 and ip.. then who knows.

But hey ... what do i know,, very little. I am of course a meager rr 4L9..

If people like cuthervaen, Loff , fest to name a few say this is all balls ill be the first to concede, but hey you said all coments welcome right?

N

Novamir

imo AoM not worth it past 2 because of its sharp diminishing returns.
MoP up to 3, maybe 4 if you are rr8+ =P
IP for definite.
WOTC sucks.
Wild arcana definitely worth it at level 1 (unless it has a high pre-req?)

L

Lessurl

Originally posted by Novamir

Wild arcana definitely worth it at level 1 (unless it has a high pre-req?)

Costs 5 points total to get WA1. Aug acc1 + aug acc 2 + wa1 = 5.
Not that many when you compare it to the 23 points we have to spend for IP. :p

I haven't got it yet though, atm on my lowbie champ i've got. Fa2, Ip, aug con1, toughness 1, AoM 1, aug dex 2, Mastery of pain 2 with about 3 or 4 spare points (can't remember).
Toying with whether to save for purge next, or go for avoidance of pain, or to get wild arcana.
I'm liking the idea of going for avoidance of pain tho as it also has the added benefit of me gettin aug con 2 and 3, and as a champ i need all the added hp i can get my hands on. ;)

J

JoxerTheMighty

Like most of the others here already said....WOTC sucks BIGTIME :) Hit a yellowcon mob for about 200

IP....well, I heard of some peeps that dont have it but I think its a necessary RA (even it costs much)
after that...definately Purge and MoP (up to Lv3).

By the time you can buy MoP2 you'll be RR5L1...much time to decide what comes after it

G

Gorguss

Go for IP, as a chimp u need as much hp as you can get, and mastery of parrying/pain is very nice up to at least 2 points in each.

Those skills will keep your rps busy a while at least ;)

O

old.Laryssa

buy passive RAs like MoParry and PoPain till u have enough points for IP - then respec :D

(everyone should have at least 1 respec left)

O

old.Reno

As to mastery of arms, it sucks.
In tests on the whineboards it was shown it has no effect at all.

Danita

S

Solarius

No, champs don't get Determination. Nor Trip/Prevent Flight. We're hybrids, not pure tanks or pure casters, so we get all the generic RAs for those two types :(

Still, could be worse. Imagine if MoC was on our list :rolleyes:

H

harleydave

Well I have IP and I am seriously thinking of getting out of it, not because it is of no use but of its inability to be lifesaving considering its cost.

IP is not use in RvR zerg warefare, when pressing IP and your full bar is out again in 2 seconds is not really much of aid.

There is a whole difference of opinions as regards champs, those who go passive abilities and those who are uber on a timer.

It all depends on the person I must say. But atm IP is not doing much for me, and the idea of spending 23 other points on passives is constantly on my mind

And I already have MoPain3, Aug Cons, Toughness and Master of Parry.

So getting things like AoM3 and WA3 and getting some boosted stats is an option I am really considering

Cheers

HD

E

Exiled

L4L1 -

Aug Con II
Aug Dex II
MoPain II
MoParry II
AoMagic II
Toughness II
FA I

iirc and some left over about 2-3 points, IP in zerg is pointless, as HD said, you get ran over, press IP you get ran over again, only takes you a min longer to die, Going to get FA II (decress downtime after death + PvE) and then go for prob WA, and Aug Str I (reach cap when b00fed)

H

hrun

at 5L1 I have: IP(FA2), Purge, augm dex 2, mastery of pain 2.. works fine for me.. gonna raise mastery of pain to 3 before raising augm con/toughness..

S

Solarius

A veritable mixed bag in responses, thanks guys :)

Gonna go with IP after all, if I decide it's not worth it always got a respec :D

I'm curently R1L5, have Aug Dex II and Tireless (was good for PvE), so gonna build up MoP (Both) then respec when I got 23 pts :clap:

L

lofff

agreed with almost everything said above, oh and lol @ kobold and champs getting det ;p

1) IP is an expensive RA, as a hero/bm (who get it cheaper) there would b no doubt, and a couple patches ago when FA was an usefull tool i wouldnt doubt neither, but actually, altho its a life saver theres no day in which i get tempted to respec outta it. Anyway i wont, has been with me for too long and am a bit suicidal;P

2) Its prolly the worse specific RA in game.

3) WA requires aug accuity 2, tbh instas drain so much mana/end it aint really worth it imo.. but if u go for it, then take it to lvl 2-3 and take serenity and other "magic" RAs

4) MoP min lvl2, max lvl3. IMO. I tested mop5 and theres so tiny difference 3-5 its definetily not wroth 24/10 points. Moparry higher than lvl1 aint worth it neither.. at least not till they fix parry/block rates in rvr ^^

5) Moarms aint very handy.. and as a champ u will overcap str badly

Nowadays i got the following: fa, ip, purge, augdex2, mop3, mopa1, augcon2, toughness1, aom1, augstr1 --- going for AP next

L

lofff

oh forgot to add i still have my ra and skill respecs since that patch ages ago and might respec into AP3 + IP + Purge, since u can gain passives easily after :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom